One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 10:11:47

lionon

Suggestion: When one twin is cursed, the curse should apply to both

These are people playing together and in case they are griefers, they are griefing together. Which makes it more than twice the trouble. So every curse that applies to one of them should count for both.

#2 2019-01-05 11:46:45

lowdt

Re: Suggestion: When one twin is cursed, the curse should apply to both

very good idea. but only for coop twins.. what can i do if i spawn random with a twinbrother and hes a dick? its not my fault

#3 2019-01-05 11:56:06

thundersen

lowdt wrote:

very good idea. but only for coop twins.. what can i do if i spawn random with a twinbrother and hes a dick? its not my fault

Wait what? Is that a thing?

Anyhow, I second lionon's suggestion. I have seen the occasional pair of super productive twins, but way more often they grief, so I stopped keeping any multiples. More severe punishment is needed for those.

#4 2019-01-05 13:30:36

MultiLife

I think it'd be enough if all identical twins (two, three, four) just got lineage banned together when one is killed and if one of the twins is cursed, they all go to donkey town as long as the cursed player is with them.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-05 13:31:07)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2019-01-06 12:56:09

alphabetter

god, i wish all identical twins/trips/quads were cursed together. in my last- incredibly stressful- life, i had identical twin girls as my first children. i asked if they were new, got a 'yes and no', which i took to meant they hadnt played in a while, and the moment i turned my back, they proceeded to eat three whole banana trees worth of food, with one of them dying at....... FIVE. the other lived til seven, but thats still not much! its honestly pushed me to the point where im not raising multiples anymore unless i know they all get punished.

i used to name my kids alphabetically. now i just... dont play anymore.

#6 2019-01-08 08:13:42

lionon

Since there was mostly approval of this idea here, I posted it on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _apply_to/

#7 2019-01-11 10:17:10

emaciatedraccoon
Website

Ahh, I don't know about that

I love OHOL, and generally try my best to be kind and helpful, I love the concept of the game

Sometimes I try to play it with my best friend, who really doesn't seem to quite grasp the concept, and acts a little, teensy weensy bit unruly. She's a goof, and often says some pretty offensive things that get us both in trouble. I tell her that this gives others the wrong impression, and they assume she's a griefer.

I try my best to advise her what and what not to do, but she doesn't listen very well, so I sincerely apologize for her antics to anyone that's raised us, truly lmao

In one of our lives together, I instructed her on how to farm the berries, and we spent our lives tending to the farm, and helping eachother with our children. To my immense displeasure, at some point she'd informed me she found a bow. She wanted to hunt. I told her that it wasn't a good idea, and she should put it down, because she didn't know what she was doing, but she ended up shooting my son (accidentally, of course). She was exiled, and I continued on the way I was, but someone got us mixed up, since we were identical, and ended up shooting me instead of her, to avenge my son.

I'm sure that in most cases, _all_ of the multiples are very likely griefers, though, unfortunately, and there's really nothing much we can do to prevent it, except curse all of the multiples, even if that does mean some innocents get punished too.

#8 2019-01-11 15:54:57

ryanb
Website

+1 on cursing twins together. Currently a player can use the twin system to escape donkey town even if they are cursed considerably. This makes the curse system pretty much useless against someone who's always twinning.

Last edited by ryanb (2019-01-11 15:55:21)

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#9 2019-01-11 16:41:01

Potjeh

This is a no brainer, I don't understand why it wasn't implemented as soon as curses were.

#10 2019-01-12 03:41:28

pein

he actually planned the 'broken heart' feature when twins die when the others dead
they do this anyway even if they are last girls
jason never introduced it

as twins you can kill anyone and back each other
curse someone multiple time, kill and get fed
get healed and revenge people
kill your twins killer
there is nothing to backfire

i left a lot of twins to die but they return later as one of my noobs kids and they get raised then they run around naked for weapons and kill all females

or they get into arguments and annoy someone, then or die or the other guy dies

twins are mostly trouble
if they noob females, if they eat too much as males
if they are griefers, i havent really seen useful twins

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer