One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-09 08:04:28

hmrka

What the heck

Ok so the village I got born in was bad, I spent my youth forging and helping some old woman named sapphire kill geese. I made pads, was working as a medic too. People were lazy and didn't even get carrots. I planted some south but a kid picked them up and ate... I would stab but no knife, cuz some noob hoarded like three in her backpack.

The players there were toxic but I stayed because I kept spawning in eve camps and wanted to play in some more advanced place. As i was about 15, they stabbed a woman for apparently killing babies.. not sure if she did that but I didn't heal her, so ppl wouldn't get upset at me. Then as the granny named sapphire was talking to someone I said "bad place". She started chasing me with knife and stabbed me. Then the idiot who hoarded knife hid the needle with thread in her backpack and said to me "no healing.".

Shitty people I hope their lineage dies.

me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2766973

edit: atleast my daughter lived on, I named her after my mom because she was the only kind person I knew in that town.

Last edited by hmrka (2019-01-09 09:06:17)

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#2 2019-01-09 16:03:24

MultiLife

Re: What the heck

It adds to the hurtfulness of it all when you know the place is not good but you stay to help, only to get crap in return, in the end. It damages one's will to help again. Which adds to the pickyness of players regarding their lives - why risk it and experience the crap life again when you can reroll? Sad as it is.
Twice I've suicided mid-life, both times due to people I couldn't stand - didn't want them to benefit from my help. Other times when I didn't suicide, I stayed because of the generations before and after the rotten eggs; did it for the ancestors and the future people, not for the current generation.

I've been pondering lately (as I haven't had time to play) if I should just be less effecient in bad villages. If I am not appreciated and nobody works or helps, AND the location is bad, maybe I shouldn't try so hard to save others and the village. Let it crumble, let me starve, let others starve, every man for themselves, no heroes. Why take on the burden of the hero of a village when all it is is a burden with no reward or feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction? Ungrateful and unkind people deserve no heroes.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-09 16:04:47)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-01-09 16:36:02

Tea

Yea I get that ... you want to help, you want to teach them and protect them from any griefers as good as you can. But you will be the one that will end dead while everyone calls you griefer and noob.

My mother cut all of the Maple and Yew Tree around camp. I tried to tell her not to and got "they will grow back" as an answer. When I told her that they won't, I got called a slut, griefer and a troll and to stop memeing. I wanted to stab her so bad.

The other time I killed a kidnapper who let a baby girl die even though we were in need of girls. Then I killed his friend who tried to kill me (I was one of the two last fertile females of the town). I told the others why I killed them. Repeatedly.  I got shot by a girl who witnessed all of this, who saw the kidnapper telling his friend to avenge him. But I was the bad person. Not shortly after, she died as well, dooming the linage.

But then you have those who are very grateful teaching them. Those who ask politely for something and those who will help you out in a task or project. But as MultiLife says, if you are not appreciated in a bad located village, working your ass off and being frustrated and annoyed, just let it be. Do yourself a favor and let the village figure it out on their own. You can't help them all ^^

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2019-01-09 17:04:50

pein

yeah if the population is heavy just move to a corner

or make new camp

i cant stand people ruining all my efforts

one life i made 9 bushes in the jungle corner than next life extended to 18 bushes. then ended up 27 bushes, but was nicely organized, we had wheat and carrot most of times, gets hectic anyway,, but placing stuff further and choosing some smart babies to help makes it better

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-01-11 09:34:48

emaciatedraccoon
Website

Hey! I made an account just to type this, haha

I was actually Keean, your mother. I spent most of my life farming the berries, since I'm a little new and that's all I really know how to contribute, haha. I told you that I named you after my mother, and you named your daughter after me, which I thought was really sweet

There was actually someone in the village taking babies and running out into the jungle to abandon them.

I believe you asked me to babysit for a moment, and I happily complied, but as I set your sister down, (I think it was either Fawn or Stella) she ran off with her. I tried to run after her, but she'd gone too far and I couldn't find them.

She was reborn as your daughter, Wisdom, though, and she was able to tell me who it was.

After OHOL got onto steam there's been an influx of those sorts, and yeah, it makes me pretty sad. Getting a little toxic.

#6 2019-01-11 11:40:26

hmrka

emaciatedraccoon wrote:

Hey! I made an account just to type this, haha

I was actually Keean, your mother. I spent most of my life farming the berries, since I'm a little new and that's all I really know how to contribute, haha. I told you that I named you after my mother, and you named your daughter after me, which I thought was really sweet

There was actually someone in the village taking babies and running out into the jungle to abandon them.

I believe you asked me to babysit for a moment, and I happily complied, but as I set your sister down, (I think it was either Fawn or Stella) she ran off with her. I tried to run after her, but she'd gone too far and I couldn't find them.

She was reborn as your daughter, Wisdom, though, and she was able to tell me who it was.

After OHOL got onto steam there's been an influx of those sorts, and yeah, it makes me pretty sad. Getting a little toxic.

Aww hi mom! Yeah, its sad but I definitely have good lives a lot more than bad ones, even with all these new people from steam. Griefers used to be very common when I was a noob (donkey town didn't exist yet) so starting the game was rough. I still suck at pvp but somehow I stopped two annoying ppl yesterday by throwing snowballs at them - they died from it lol, I even got to meet a person I respect very very much so Im happy!

I would teach you stuff If I didn't have so many things to do for the shitty town sad

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

Board footer