One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-03-19 09:22:44

Joriom
Website

Re: Griever killing everyone with knive

masamune0 wrote:

Another thought I just had : It could be nice that when you kill someone, you have blood on you, and you can't remove it until you go clean yourself in a pond or with water.

You already get "bloody knife" that slows you up for 5 seconds (you can't put it down), and you leave "bloody grave" for 10 seconds.

#27 2018-03-19 10:19:37

Xuhybrid

Casdir wrote:

Don't let knives laying around in the open. Or better yet, don't craft any to begin with. If you see one, get rid of it and hide it somewhere good.
Or arm yourself with it and be the white knight of your camp.

I mean, I don't even know what the knife is really used for. Is it really that important to craft one right now?
Like, is it really worth crafting one for the risk of having someone kill an entire civilization?

I doubt it's worth it.

That doesn't stop any griefer from crafting them and you're expecting people to carry the weapons around at all times? A griefer can easily hide any weapons that would stop them before they start killing... Remind me why PvP is in this game?

#28 2018-03-19 10:31:08

masamune0

Yeah I know but five seconds is nothing, and so is 10s when you have such a small view.

And imagine there is no pvp, people will be able to grief until they die without any fear at all, that would be even worse. Especially since in this game everyone can grab anything, and there is no lock or something else to avoid thief. I like that there is a pvp (always adds spice to story, allow more actions), just not in a good state yet.

#29 2018-03-19 11:28:40

Joriom
Website

I've just spend 2 lives as "village guard".

In both lives there was a PK (Player Killer) and few trolls around. Killing them was pain in the butt because they were glitching all over the place and before I rightclicked them they were already few tiles away. For some reason - they were also running faster than me i most cases. In my second life I tried to kill guy who killed 3 people and has stollen 4 hand carts full of carrots from willage. Managed to kill him after 20 years. Guarding is viable but only a bit. While on guard duty though - you can use your spare time to explore around town to see where resources are to tell other villagers or stand next to fire and help others around answering questions and teaching kids. Just dont get shot from outside the screen like I was (sniped with a bow because the FOV sux, lol).

#30 2018-03-19 12:02:08

Casdir

Xuhybrid wrote:
Casdir wrote:

Don't let knives laying around in the open. Or better yet, don't craft any to begin with. If you see one, get rid of it and hide it somewhere good.

I mean, I don't even know what the knife is really used for. Is it really that important to craft one right now?
Like, is it really worth crafting one for the risk of having someone kill an entire civilization?

I doubt it's worth it.

That doesn't stop any griefer from crafting them and you're expecting people to carry the weapons around at all times? A griefer can easily hide any weapons that would stop them before they start killing... Remind me why PvP is in this game?

With the current combat system you'll never be able to stop someone from killing at least one person. That's a given. But as soon as you see the killer, you'll be able to kill him if you happen to have a knife yourself in your pocket.

World PvP adds another layer of fun and realism to a survival game such as this, as well as immersion. I don't see why you wouldn't want world PvP in a game like this? It's not implemented well as of right now, but I don't want it to be completely gone.

Look, I'm more of a PvE guy myself. PvP games tend to tilt me real hard nowadays. Mostly team based PvP games that is. Overwatch for example.. *cough, cough*
But some people enjoy PvP a lot. To some of them it's the biggest reason to play these kind of games. They just like the fantasy of being a Murderer or of making up a group of bandits to terrorize villages and plunder them.

Isn't that cool? instead of having NPC bandits like you see them in games like Skyrim, you can have REAL PEOPLE being those bandits. That's so much more intriguing in my opinion.

#31 2018-03-19 12:42:02

PooManCHU

Casdir wrote:
Xuhybrid wrote:
Casdir wrote:

I doubt it's worth it.

With the current combat system you'll never be able to stop someone from killing at least one person. That's a given. But as soon as you see the killer, you'll be able to kill him if you happen to have a knife yourself in your pocket.

World PvP adds another layer of fun and realism to a survival game such as this, as well as immersion. I don't see why you wouldn't want world PvP in a game like this? It's not implemented well as of right now, but I don't want it to be completely gone.

Look, I'm more of a PvE guy myself. PvP games tend to tilt me real hard nowadays. Mostly team based PvP games that is. Overwatch for example.. *cough, cough*
But some people enjoy PvP a lot. To some of them it's the biggest reason to play these kind of games. They just like the fantasy of being a Murderer or of making up a group of bandits to terrorize villages and plunder them.

Isn't that cool? instead of having NPC bandits like you see them in games like Skyrim, you can have REAL PEOPLE being those bandits. That's so much more intriguing in my opinion.

totally agree man, not good atm but if worked on could be great. this game really reminds me of the game Haven&Hearth i used to play it's so similar, it's about homesteading it's perma death multiplayer , and pretty much requires a wiki to play well just like this game.

#32 2018-03-19 16:46:32

sammoh

I have disabled violence altogether on my server. You can still hunt animals.

https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

Board footer