One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-18 20:51:47

Ilka

The most toxic player I've ever met.

I was born in the seventh generation of the Soprano family.
It was not a very advanced farm - we had a large field of berries (in the wrong place), all the tools, sheep, cakes and pot stew.
As soon as I was born, my brother called me a bitch.
So I answered: "Je ... rk."
Our mother said something calming.
When I was a child, I did not see my brother.
As I had children, my brother appeared again.
He began to insult me, tell the children that I am infanticide.
He asked where is my oldest daughter who died as a child.
In general, he said such stupid things that one of my daughters cursed he when she was grown up.
I was wondering what to do about it, but I figured it was some stupid kid, so  i do not pay any attention to him.
Of course, I was also answering him with epithets but it was rather amusing.
At the end of his life my brother came to me again, to say how ugly I look (it was funny because he looked like a dried tomato).
I only smiled.
Then my toxic brother CURSE ME.
So I cursed him too and he got another curse from my second daughter.
My brother died, even at the moment of death, throwing insults at me.

I really feel that I met in the game a rare specimen.
If you meet him too, do not hesitate to send him to the donkey.
For me, the meeting of this person was quite funny.
I am aware, however, that a more sensitive person may feel bad when he meets that player.
I am also wondering what exactly this person is about?
Does it play a role?
Is it really wants to bully someone?
Strange.
Me and my toxic brother:
Magenta and Negan
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=2433563

#2 2018-12-19 07:41:48

pein

Re: The most toxic player I've ever met.

there are a lot of them, and im not even playing attention to most conversations

i seen one girl other game, i gave my abbit fur shirt, cause i will have apron anyway and its warmer, she was asking for pack too
well im not giving away a pack, considering i will be the one scavenging the most
asked my mom to give hers, she told ''make yourself''
we wasnt even that far from bunnies

then this went on with every single person and every single pack for 15 minutes, and i was pissed so i put the packs i found to random kids instead of her, cause she was at a point where just ran after people begging and threatening

''i will make a knife and kill you"' and such things, we wasnt even having a kiln cause some noob was destroying it and making 2 adobe walls and deny it all the time, he even ruined the pen corner

fixing pen, making new corner,, shearing lose sheep, feeding more, making apron, she was literally following a lady minutes begging for a pack, then i inherited the knife for my work and i stabbed her and no one bat an eye cause she annoyed everyone with it,  i tried to talk with her, but she was just insulting everyone and didnt lift a pebble until year 20 when i stabbed her finally as she was looking to make a bow

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-12-19 11:22:06

Booklat1

Always stab assholes. Always.

If you're still young. Find a good smith or a good sheperd, which are likely to be smart players, and tell them what is going on when someone is a jerk. They'll be aware in case something else happens, maybe stab the asshole. Just make sure you try to keep working, people will notice you're not a sponge.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-12-19 11:22:48)

#4 2018-12-19 16:35:22

Ilka

pein wrote:

there are a lot of them, and im not even playing attention to most conversations....

Players- beggars.
Yes, they are quite common.
Once my last son barely grew his hair, he started to follow me and say, "Mom, you're old," "Mom, you have gray hair," "Give me clothes, give me clothes."
Ungrateful mouflon. big_smile

This was different player, because he played just to bully someone.

Booklat1 wrote:

Always stab assholes. Always.

We had a public knife, but it seems to me that people are killing others too often in this game anyway.
I kill only when I see murder.
Even then I always let the murderer explain his deed.
If this weidro did not curse me, I would not even curse him.

Although now I think that the donkey city is a good place for such a person.

#5 2018-12-19 18:43:53

jgtogi

I am sure you did nothing to deserve this response (sarcasm). I see a lot of people with extremely bad behavior acting naive of their own actions. People will constantly steal things from you and get pissy when you yell at them. People will you because they suspect you are griefing when you build a bow to deal with three boars 2 screens away. People will get super pissed when the camp is starving and you try to raise a baby away from camp using resource you gathered. The general vet response is to just murder people. This community, this game is sad and pathetic sometimes. The forced cooperation plus anonymity has caused people to become total asshats. As far as the original post I doubt we are getting the whole story here. I have been treated like utter garbage by people but I have also seen other people do the same. Heck, I even got really frustrated with people.

The worst person I ever got was when someone at an Eve camp took everything I got. I planted some bananas away from camp, then made a basket and started to run soil. She ate my food supply, fine whatever. She then took my soil and moved into a grass biome further away from water than the jungle biome I was in. I yelled at her to get her damn stuff. Then she took the basket I made and moved all the soil. I picked up a bowl to move it back but she just moved back the stuff for two minutes undoing my actions. It was like little kids fighting. I got fed up and decided to leave. I made a bow and arrow and spent several minutes kill about a dozen boars and wolves. I calmed down. I was thinking about legit murdering this person but decided not to stoop to her level. I came back to camp and everyone there was accusing me of murder. Turns out the woman spread all this bs about me when I was gone. Great, I am not saying was acting on my best but everything done to me was instigated by someone else's actions.

So when I here someone complaining about how toxic a player is it makes me wonder. Are they exaggerating there story, did the toxic player have a bad experience earlier on or is it just a garbage person. I don't know man. This toxicity has to come from somewhere. Most people aren't asshats to other people on a whim. In fact, even a legit terrible people are on at least decent behavior 90% of the time. It really comes down to the base systems though. You have three choices to deal with bad behavior in this game. One is to curse which does functionally nothing until you get eight plus other people to join you.Yeah, good luck with that. Unless you join the curse him discord it ain't happening and if you are on the that discord you are likely cursing for the wrong reason of mob mentality. That isn't just or fair.Two, you murder people. This is an extreme response to someone stealing your soil or rabbit pie you left near your work space. Imagine if in our society every crime was punished by death. The last is to just quit the freaking game. I choose the later for now. I might come back to later but only if we get some better and fairer ways to deal with the toxic players. Right now the game is getting a high of smuggy vets who think they are playing a base building RTS, newbies who have no idea how to player the game and thus ruin everything by accident and griefers whom go around ruining everything for there fun.

#6 2018-12-19 21:10:28

Ilka

jgtogi wrote:

I am sure you did nothing to deserve this response (sarcasm). .....

Well, I've been playing this game since July, so I think I'm almost a veteran.
I do not know why I should make up strange stories about people.
I already had a much more interesting life in this game.
However, I have never met such a person.
Of course, someone had their reasons - maybe got a bad grade at school, maybe a girl dumped him, maybe ...
If you think it justifies being boorish to random people, that's your problem.
I do not think so.
And yes, this game is sometimes annoying - especially after joining many new players.
But it is also great in many different ways.

If you've had a bad life - try again.

If everything annoys you - take a break.

#7 2018-12-20 12:53:49

pein

i seen a newbie guy eating the berry bowl i placed behind tree, like legit 2 bowls for compost as they ate all carrots from the ground
then i planted carrot in fences, trying to make compost somehow as they randomly ruined it al lthe time

and i was cursed by some idiot who heard parts of conversation, but if a guy following you 20 min and thinks its better and smarter than you cause his ingame character is a bit older, and annoys you all his life, its really annoying

and then i stabbed those 2 asshats but i had to quit as more and more people made useless drama

other life i had to pick up some flat rocks so i made a pickaxe, someone sheared last sheep, blamed on me, and then used pickaxe to destroy kil and blamed on me, ruiend the pen and blamed on me, then a guy even cursing me with no proof, some people spend a whole life to curse others
like i was griefing once and throwing babies in a closed pit pen, where they could just jump out of my arm, one person was so pissed about losing that 1 minute , that it went back, and spend 30 minutes trying to convince everyone to curse my previous self, i was her baby and i said 'lol'on her story and tried to kill me with a bear bt starved cause i jumped out a few times, does the same thing with you and still thinks it s ok

but generally people just run around combining stuff and you tell they shouldn't do it and they legit pissed

but mostly i see people who steal your resources you made, like ropes, boards, stones, and even if you tell them nicely or anything, they just start yelling and causing trouble
toddlers who want to be a town smith and enforce you to get kindling and ruining it
people who relocate your pen with no reason or get pissed cause you try to help them by making it bigger
miss ''i got 100 hours on steam  so i deserve all the clothes in the city'and such

killing them is the easiest and fastest way to stop useless drama just make sure there are no witnesses and its further from camp
they will stil lcurse you and try to frame you but it will be worse if you let them live and try to play that life
seen people try to kill me after 30 minutes over furs on the ground which wasn't theirs just because i was faster getting a thread, or because i got too many clothes self made etc.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-12-20 13:34:51

CrazyEddie

and then i stabbed those 2 asshats but i had to quit as more and more people made useless drama

This is the funniest thing I've seen you say with a straight face.

Board footer