One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-19 02:52:42

Thorware

A Confession - The Danger of Knives

My uncle gave me the two knives in his pack before he died, the only two knives in our village. He told me to be responsible and keep them safe, so that griefers would not kill our village.

I kept the knives safe in my pack. I spent my days organizing the junk in the village and raising kids. I had children and even grandchildren. I was getting old and it was time to wrap up of my life. So I found one of my daughters, responsibly taking care of a newborn infant. She had a backpack so I thought she could carry the knives and keep them safe just like I had done.

I told her to listen. I praised her dedication to the village and explained the importance of keeping the knives safe. She understood and accepted the responsibility. I took some rubbish out of my pack to find the knives at the bottom and pulled one out, wincing at the deadliness of the thing. Then I right-clicked at my daughter's feet to set down the first knife for her so that she could pick it up. Much to my horror, before I knew what had happened, I had murdered my own daughter in cold blood, and while she was holding and nursing a newborn infant!

As her bloodied skeleton lay on the ground, crumpled up with her wolf skin and rabbit clothes, an utter dread came over me. The crimson bloody knife in my hand didn't seem real.

My family stopped working the farm and gathered around, horrified.

I immediately dropped both knives and pleaded forgiveness. I begged my family to murder me for my sin. But they understood what happened and forgave me. They put the knives in their own packs and kept them safe. But I drifted through the rest of my life listless, my guilty conscience weighing over everything I did.

To whoever I accidentally killed, I am so sorry.

This situation is so much like guns in real life. It seems like the best way to deter griefers and murderers is for the population to be armed so that they can quickly retaliate if a murderer starts a killing spree. But whenever there are deadly knives floating around, there is always that chance for an accident where an innocent person gets killed. A situation that would never had happened if there were no knives in the village at all.

Last edited by Thorware (2018-03-19 02:53:20)

#2 2018-03-19 03:13:20

Antarys

Re: A Confession - The Danger of Knives

Murderer! Burn her at the stake! (I wish they would add it in the future).

#3 2018-03-19 04:37:36

Twinsen

Antarys wrote:

...Burn her at the stake!

If you build the home marker just the north tile of the fire, you will look like being burnt on a stake.

#4 2018-03-19 06:01:43

Joriom
Website

Twinsen wrote:
Antarys wrote:

...Burn her at the stake!

If you build the home marker just the north tile of the fire, you will look like being burnt on a stake.

075.jpg

#5 2018-03-19 07:48:45

masamune0

Wow, that's unfortunate. A story similar to yours happened to me too.

Was being a knife lover, with a lot of knives, wanted to show it to uncle (my collection of like 3/4 knives), so I called him a bit outside of the base. I grab one knife, I want to put them on the ground but at the same time he moved or something and he died (accident, I was sad)... Then another one was passing by and saw the bloody tomb, he pulls his knife immediately and I have no time to explain, we fight for like 30s (that was like wtf is going on on this fight) before I finally kill him too. I spent the rest of my life in the village as if nothing happened. And gave the clothes to children.

And I bet the thoughts of uncle of this event are that I wanted to kill him but not at all, and he will think that for the rest of his life. Sad.

#6 2018-03-19 11:19:51

Thorware

Yep, these things are way too dangerous. One innocent wrong click and a family member instantly dies.

Board footer