One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-01 18:50:15

lionon

Two rubber tires can't be seperated anymore to use on a newcomen pump?

No seriously?

While we are it, bowl of cabbage seeds can't place on a horse cart out of some reason (all other kind of filled bowls can)

#2 2018-12-01 20:21:06

lionon

Re: Two rubber tires can't be seperated anymore to use on a newcomen pump?

And from the wiki:

An empty deep well can be upgraded into a Newcomen Pump. Once the first Stone Block has been placed, the water will not regenerate.

This is just yet another griefers paradise. As I understand it, there is little benefit for a second or third pump in remote proximity. And a stone block is easily made and the well practically destroyed...

#3 2018-12-01 20:25:53

GreatShawn

Agreed. Jason need to think deeper into the future

#4 2018-12-01 20:27:28

tana

same with a wheels added to boards, it is very annoying that it is impossible to remove them. It is a common mistake of players wanting to make a handcart to add the wheels first, ending up with an unsalvagable partial mining cart.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#5 2018-12-01 20:28:34

Stylingirl

It's not that hard to upgrade it though. As long as you're not completely out of iron and branches you can easily make the pump. If your town is out of iron and branches then that town was going to die anyways.

#6 2018-12-01 20:31:05

lionon

Stylingirl wrote:

It's not that hard to upgrade it though. As long as you're not completely out of iron and branches you can easily make the pump. If your town is out of iron and branches then that town was going to die anyways.

To reiterate, as the pump doesn't refill itself there is no use of a second pump next to an existing one. You are basically just destroying wells, if you finish the pump or not.

#7 2018-12-01 21:13:58

Dodge

lionon wrote:
Stylingirl wrote:

To reiterate, as the pump doesn't refill itself there is no use of a second pump next to an existing one. You are basically just destroying wells, if you finish the pump or not.

i disagree, i was in a town with 5-6 newcomen pumps and we chained pump water, the filled wells doubles as an half cistern (5 buckets) and with the recent nerf on water the wells reffill rate is ridiculous and keeping wells for the purpose of counting on refill is pointless, check live dev changes "All seepage water sources produce one unit of water (one bowl) per hour"

At one bowl per hour per pond/well/deep well they are useless to keep as is

As for the rubber tire that cant be separated from each other, just make a new one, you only need one tire for a pump

for the wheels on boards it happens sometimes, what bothers me the most is that it occupies one tile and you cant chop it/ discard it
but using it as a tile griefing would be too much trouble, if i were a griefer using this method would be really boring, and someone would pick up on it and stab the griefer and just move the boards with wheels

#8 2018-12-01 21:30:26

lionon

Dodge wrote:

As for the rubber tire that cant be separated from each other, just make a new one, you only need one tire for a pump

Why didn't I think of that!!!!!! Thank you for telling me. Would have never occurred to me. This is exactly the solution and answer I needed!

#9 2018-12-02 05:56:34

BladeWoods

It's very frustrating that Jason ALWAYS does this. Makes nonsense things irreversable like the two tires, a well with a stone block, bowl of palm kernels, knitting needles, etc. Then you just gotta hope things eventually get fixed 7 patches later.

Last edited by BladeWoods (2018-12-02 08:48:33)

#10 2018-12-02 09:24:17

Baker

lionon wrote:
Stylingirl wrote:

You may as well upgrade deep wells when they dry out. Wells gives a lot initially after building them, Once they dry they are very slow to refill.

More pumps mean we can mass produce water and store it all in cisterns for later use.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#11 2018-12-02 10:50:25

pein

if you did two, one more should be easy just have the stuff near it, an oven near some hot springs and jungle
cost one kindling and a bit of time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2018-12-02 11:37:33

lionon

One can make a case for a second pump... but any more is just waste of resources. It doesn't get any more faster and how many buckets per minute would you need that you'd have several pumps run at the same time? An hell freezing over when you forget to put back the last bucket of water, and intact deep well can easily help out of the deadlock.

Board footer