One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 00:14:51

Rebel

Suggestion: Crock pot used for storage.

Be able to store Flour/grain/salt other powder/grain like items, in a crock pot.

Every time I make wheat farms to make compost or baskets and don't care about the grain, it ends up just sitting on the floor or in bowls making clutter. Plus its a kind of a solution for empting bowls, even palm kernels could be stored in them.

Plus it kinda acts like a drop-off point for grain/flour at the bakery. Doesn't have to be huge, just holds like 4-8 bowls.

#2 2018-11-28 01:20:58

Sirryan

Re: Suggestion: Crock pot used for storage.

Yeah, I agree with you on this one Rebel. In my last life, we used a lot of baskets to do clear up the clutter and it worked to an extent, but some villages aren't fortunate enough to be around enough reeds. Although do you recommend them being permanent structures almost like a silo or moveable like stew pots already are?

Birth. Eat Berries. Bake Mutton Pies. Die. Repeat.

#3 2018-11-28 01:33:50

Ellesanna

There NEEDS to be a way to store stuff like wheat, eggs, meat, and beans. They always end up cluttering up the whole of the town with no end in sight as to their numbers.

#4 2018-11-28 03:41:02

wavesandsand

You can always start a wheat farm and make a ton of baskets. I did this one time when I spawned as male it was rewarding to clean up the entire city

#5 2018-11-28 03:57:54

denriguez

Oh this is a really, really good idea. Crocks become like cisterns for food. They could take on a little label like the bowl of squash seeds does to indicate its contents. Maybe a crock could store like 8 bowls' worth of raw materials like wheat or picked beans, and maybe 12 or so of processed materials, like flour or soaked beans. I like that crocks, which are very inexpensive, would have more uses, like bowls.

If we ever get food spoilage, it'd make sense to have crocks of stored food go bad somewhat quickly if they're not stored in the right conditions: on a floor, in a cool biome, preferably in a room. Crocks would be easy enough to empty with bowls, but once they become a storage crock, they're immobile, to prevent griefers from running off with all of that stored labor.

Idk why but I feel like this would be a milestone update, similar to the big farm update.

#6 2018-11-28 12:11:19

pein

or sack, sacks of wheat, maybe barrels made of iron rings and boards

the other game i cleaned up 12 wheat i used for only compost into the 2 carts i made and put into the bakery
they can never keep up with pies

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-11-28 15:01:20

Rebel

Sirryan wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you on this one Rebel. In my last life, we used a lot of baskets to do clear up the clutter and it worked to an extent, but some villages aren't fortunate enough to be around enough reeds. Although do you recommend them being permanent structures almost like a silo or moveable like stew pots already are?

It will be moveable until something is put in it. or its emptied.

#8 2018-11-28 20:07:24

WomanWizard

I love this idea! we desperately need a way to clean up the wheat clutter.

#9 2018-11-28 21:21:50

Lum

Storage! Storage! Storage!

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#10 2018-11-29 01:17:15

Rebel

I don't think It should store alot of things, as its fairly early on, maybe just grain and salt or maybe even corn kernels (for animal farms).

It Should less than 10 but more than 4, 4 bowls can be put in carts, and more then 10 is just too overpowered, thinking 6-8 bowls to fill would be nice. and it can not be moved if there is something in it. So you have the bonus of having more slots then a cart, but the disadvantage of not being able to move it.

Hence you would have one at a bakery and wheat farm, and someone could do logistic runs between them. its more for cleaning up clutter then making life easier, and tbf it doesn't change much of the gameplay.

Board footer