One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-27 16:19:08

lionon

Re: Rant

Floofy wrote:

I think a decent solution could be to make people who are very close to starvation visible to other players (for example, if only 2 bars left), so that experienced players can save newer players if needed.

I like this, making their speech bubble gray was also part of my suggestion.

Instead of some additional time on zero without ability to do stuff but taking food (which Psykout seems to really hate) also x more seconds slow movement might be a nice boon for new players.

Well anything that really makes them a hammer on their head they need to do stuff now and yet give them a somewhat reasonable timeframe to do it.

Or turn the whole screen gray of the client gray. Yes that bubble in the lower left and music stopping is easy to miss.

#27 2018-11-27 16:21:06

lionon

PS: fair enough, I'll delete the reddit suggestion until a fair majority seems to agree on some variation on the topic to consider in more depth, I see different variants that all would accomplish the same thing and yes it does not need to be *everyone* (looking at a certain person).

PPS: At the end it's jason calls what he wants the game to be. I personally just operated under the assumption... better to market to a somewhat wider audience, if it is supposed to be a unforgiving thingy with a steep learning curve at the beginning which gets longer and longer as the game gets more stuff, also fair enough, than this is the way he wants to move his work to cater for a specific niche.

Last edited by lionon (2018-11-27 16:24:00)

#28 2018-11-27 16:29:35

Azrael

This is a rant, unproductive, useless, and your experience based on one life? What if they were a new player? Like you once were not too long ago?

It's so pointless to continue this discussion when nothing useful is coming out of it, and you're defending your rant?? Your one time experience is apparently valid for all players and now we have to take this bs?

Nah, delete this post, it's just ranting and mindless babble on your part.

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#29 2018-11-27 16:50:32

Floofy

Azrael wrote:

This is a rant, unproductive, useless, and your experience based on one life? What if they were a new player? Like you once were not too long ago?

It's so pointless to continue this discussion when nothing useful is coming out of it, and you're defending your rant?? Your one time experience is apparently valid for all players and now we have to take this bs?

Well, this was an extreme example (i don't always spawn in a town full of food), but the experience of people dying next to food happens to me all the time. It doesn't happen to you?

#30 2018-11-27 17:00:53

lionon

Azrael wrote:

Actually first even ranting sometimes can be good for yourself and for others joining in and secondly actually I was inspired to make to try to make something positive out of it.

#31 2018-11-28 08:00:10

pein

they just bored, and got no goal, you got to talk to them and rp a bit
ofc you can make a few baskets  in meantime, but teach something fun like tire making

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer