Weight and body mass

I'm not fat shaming anyone or anything
To make ohol more realistic, body mass changes should be in game
This affects your speed and warmth
There would be fat, skinny and bulky

Fat and skinnies is made by eating:
Fat is achieved by having hunger filled more than 2/3
Skinniness is hunger filled less than 1/3

Fat gives warmth, but slows you down and skinnines is oppisite, fast, but colder
(Children aren't affected, but only happenes once reached maturity)

To get results, you have to achive one of those for 10 min
It can be also turned back

Bulky though is achived by carring or lifting heavy items (big rock, rock pile) and done 20-40 lifts
Bulkiness can't be reverted back

I'm gonna post a picture soon

Last edited by Vexenie (2018-11-23 21:45:17)

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2018-11-23 22:55:32

Rebel

Re: Weight and body mass

I like it, but I prefer..

if you overfill the food bar, you get fat,
if you are constantly starving you get skinny
if you craft alot of things, you get bulky

thus, food wasters are fat, hard workers are bulky and people that are likely to die from starvation are skinny.

Its would be a helpful visual aid to see who is doing work, who is eating too much food and who needs help keeping food bar up.

#3 2018-11-23 23:16:52

Tramax

I agree Rebel, and it shouldn't be anything more than those indicators I reckon.

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#4 2018-11-23 23:21:15

PeaGirl

I personally would like to see this happen. Imagine virtual stickmen with sixpacks and dingling penises wobbling in cold air...
... I mean I prefer the sixpacks.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#5 2018-11-24 07:38:07

pein

the  fat could work, the skinny only if it would be an advantage to it, cause most of us eats when low, doesnt hyper optimize each bite, so staying low or medium has not much chance
it could work if we would have higher food bar, and some eating capacity which could be upgraded somehow, like not 20 bars, more than that but a time limit to eat again same food? now if its low nutrition you would just waste time, this would give some meaning to food and berry eating would be much worse long term

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-11-24 08:42:02

Rebel

pein wrote:

the  fat could work, the skinny only if it would be an advantage to it, cause most of us eat when low, doesn't hyper-optimize each bite, so staying low or medium has not much chance
it could work if we would have higher food bar, and some eating capacity which could be upgraded somehow, like not 20 bars, more than that but a time limit to eat again same food? now if its low nutrition you would just waste time, this would give some meaning to food and berry eating would be much worse long term

could be linked to the food chain, <5 bonus you are skinny, >5 you are normal.

Well that was my first thought, people normally don't eat until they are starving, making people skinny may add the little touch to stop people from doing so.

and tbf, it could simply be just that, if you start starving you get skinny, helps other people see that you are dying. and if the annoying bing doesn't tell you to eat, your skinny bones may. and as soon as you eat, you stop being skinny.

I personally would love to see some visualization like this in the game, even if its just skinny and fat models,

fyi, would help mums feed noob kids who don't know how to F

#7 2018-11-24 20:07:25

Solbusaur

+ one for rebel's idea. It would really help weed out the weak, or identify which people are noobs and need help. The problem is, how do you distinguish hard work from someone just rapidly picking up and dropping/crafting simple items?

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#8 2018-11-24 23:05:32

pein

same reason bigger food bars should be present so you dont change in 5 seconds to skinny when step in a hot place, in a minute would be ok

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-11-25 13:14:12

Lum

A perfect recipe for bloody feuds over who ate all the pies.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

Board footer