One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-28 21:11:17

Randomname

You Really Upset Me

So I worked hard all my life grew carrots in my childhood, made sure the wheat was regrown when a young child, made six piles of compost all before popping out my first child a sweet boy I named Halloween.  I asked him if he wanted to stay to which I was delighted when he agreed, moved him to a nice warm spot and continued my work.  When I returned one time he had hair but hadn't moved so I gave him a berry and again went back to work.

When my daughter Pumpkin was born I had to tell her that her brother was in a coma but I was feeding him as he was such a good baby.  She made the sad face and I told her he was a good child.  He was on a good temp tile, he never said anything bad, never done anything wrong and I only fed him one berry when I'd lost seven of my food and went to eat.  I had hope he would come back.  People can do that now with disconnect and sometimes they are just AFK for a time.

Pumpkin grew up and I once again went  back to my work, taking time out now and again to feed Halloween.  This mean lady Anya said stop feeding him and I said he isn't harming anyone.  Her and her man friend said he wasn't contributing, I exclaimed that I work hard and he makes me happy which is a huge contribution.  However she pulled out a knife and cold bloodily stabbed my first born son right in front of me, starting screaming griefer.  Is a few berries really worth hurting someone that tried their hardest to keep the village going?  Why did she have to ruin my fun, I put in way more food to the town than either of us ever consumed.

Anya was killed for killing him but he was dead now and her man friend kept telling people that I was a griefer.  My second daughter Moon Light was born over the bloody corpse of her murdered eighteen year old brother.  I however was too upset to continue on I fed her until hair and let myself starve.

Think I need to time out of this game for awhile, people are getting really toxic.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1292141

Last edited by Randomname (2018-10-28 21:13:22)

#2 2018-10-28 21:21:06

VioletLily

Re: You Really Upset Me

I'm sorry this happened to you sad

As long as the town wasn't short on food, I see nothing wrong with you keeping your son alive. Especially if you are contributing enough for the both of you. Being called a griefer in this case was a little much... sad

#3 2018-10-28 21:24:48

Crow

I was your daughter Pumpkin. It did seem a bit odd since food isn't really as bad as it used to be. A few berries out of a big field of bushes that are regularly being tended to, plus other food sources like the pie station just above it, really isn't going to do much damage. Especially since by the time I died me and my daughter were continuing the road which is clearly going to lead to a second village.

#4 2018-10-28 21:46:10

Catfive

I came across exactly the same situation earlier but managed to pad the wounded kid and its mum stitched it up in time. As long as the mum is doing all the running about and working for the town who cares? As it was the kid came attentive right after this or reconnected whatever but long story short they survived and random bitter knifer ran away to die smile

#5 2018-10-29 08:41:33

Lum

Yes, there are toxic people in this game. But there are also kind and caring people like you who write stories to warm our hearts. I think it's good that you cared for your son and it definitely wasn't that wasteful. You never know when he might have returned. Please don't stop doing it just because of one incident, we need altruistic people in our villages.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2018-10-29 09:59:54

Tarr
Banned

The fact someone came over to you while you were minding your own business screaming griefer shows who the real griefer was in this situation. I've been noticing someone doing this sort of thing trying to stir shit in by calling random people griefers and what not. I'm sorry about your son, it's unfortunate that some people have nothing better to do than specifically go out of their way to ruin the things people cherish.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-10-29 16:39:11

pein

i had a guy other life actively framing me

i made a road in one life, like 10 tiles, i died young cause of a snake
then i born back and i continued it, i seen it's a cacti on the way so i checked ahead and decided to move the whole thing south
so i made a pickaxe and moved the whole thing

someone destroyed one of the kilns with it, i asked who did that and a guy was telling "'you'', i told him to don't joke around

it was like seconds after i finished with road
a bit later the muflon went out so i lured back in when i hear old guy cursing me
i literally was south went north, lured the muflon back and someone followed me, and opened the pen on other side
and this bitch framed it on me again, ofc they kill me and curse me even

next time if i see someone joking around i gotta kill on sight

my only problem with afk people is that you put gear and backpack on a kid who doesn't move, than 30 min others are naked while a comatose girl is standing in full gear
don't gear babies without asking if they want to play, and they don't answer, they didn't loaded yet, or maybe they don't want to play there
if afk people got backpack i totally support killing them
also is so annoying when people gear all their idiot kids and even grandkids while im working hard full naked and if i ask for a pack, no cause she has grandkids

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-10-29 16:50:03

boggers

Framing people for griefing is the new griefing.

#9 2018-10-29 18:28:52

WomanWizard

boggers wrote:

Yeah, I once had one of my kids start telling me that I was the murderer because I had a knife. We were in the middle of town and everyone just kind of stood around looking confused. Nobody had been murdered and nobody knew what this kid was going on about.

#10 2018-10-29 20:38:44

PeaGirl

People often think you griefing when you act way too emotional. Don't want to sound toxic but your son was a dick for leaving you behind like that so that he would be afk and becoming a sponge in return. Perhaps next time just leave them to die if they plan on being mute for rest of their lives.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#11 2018-10-29 22:11:20

VioletLily

boggers wrote:

I've seen this so often lately. It's gotten to the point where I am more likely to suspect the person who is accusing someone of griefing than the accused person themselves. I can't even blame people when they kill me for killing a griefer anymore. I might have been inclined to do the same thing with all this lying that's been going around (Although I usually just end up keeping a close eye on everyone involved before resorting to killing).

#12 2018-10-30 06:58:11

WalrusesConquer

People do jump to conclusions. We needed knifes I was told (I assumed for sheep) the second it was made some kid went "GREIF" because a lady picked it up. I told her it wasn't true, then the girl screamed "STFU".
I mean turns out the lady wanted to use the knife to 'protect the village' (we were fourth gen?) And passed the knife onto her kids. Not the ideal use for a knife but since they sliced bread, sheep seemed like a harmless thing to do.

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2018-10-30 06:58:53)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#13 2018-10-30 10:23:17

Carrot-Seedling

I was cursed twice for moving the bow out of the way to make paper. I don't really know why that was a bad thing. But it seems like we've all had our share of toxic players. @originalpost
Sorry about your son! ;(

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

Board footer