One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 16:49:04

Catfive

Any life playing

After trying out all the 'ok - good' setups and just re-rolling awful ones I had a change of pace the other day and started playing every life I'm rolled. Have to sy the most fun ones have been those with poor setups or as an eve/1st gen when there is so much to do, plan and/or fix to give best chances of long lineages. The fact that with so many newer players few last more than a couple of generations is a bit of  shame but the actual gameplay in my 1 hour is very fun. Steam is going to be chaos but maybe that's where the best fun will be?

#2 2018-10-24 16:50:46

Roblor

Re: Any life playing

Well done.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2018-10-24 17:20:27

AmyJ

I'm going to try that this weekend. I've started suiciding a lot when I'm born as a boy, just because I like raising the kids a lot, but some of my best lives have been when I'm male, so I should probs give it a go more =P

#4 2018-10-24 17:44:11

pein

had a life where mom wasn't eve and she was in the green biome eating, when we go home it's a desert
ok so far but no water anywhere
one kid tells me there is water north
yeah but no desert and lot of animals and no green biome there
generally this would suck but we had tons of cacti, 6 people could just survive on cacti

so i told my kids we are cactus farmers and i made a kiln a bit north of the original location, was still near desert and small green biome but closer to that swamp
yeah i checked the map, there was no good places anywhere close
but i didn't missed the farms, i just went with it
i had too many kids, and branches were far, i should have just made a road to water and grind up to cisterns and bucket
the second part was done, some smartass could have done after me, didn't checked, was fun despite was so bad placement
also kids stayed with me

i had a life in milk family where the two girls just hunt rabbit disregarding anything
i made the well and tools, shears, was a decaying town around gen 3-6 level and missing tools, a pen in desert from adobe
later that day me and tarr was there and they made shittons of design errors but we played along

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-10-24 21:09:43

sarannwrap

AmyJ wrote:

I'm going to try that this weekend. I've started suiciding a lot when I'm born as a boy, just because I like raising the kids a lot, but some of my best lives have been when I'm male, so I should probs give it a go more =P

Male lives and being an elderly lady are the best.  It's so fulfilling if you save the town from griefers and you don't have to try to kill them while you're popping out children. 
I had one life where I was a girl... my mom put me down to stab someone.  She told a fertile lady to save me, but that lady then restabbed the girl who just got saved.  So three fertile women around me who all can't feed me because two are on cooldown and one is dying.  And I'm like thanks guys, I'm dead now.

#6 2018-10-24 22:42:48

MultiLife

Catfive wrote:

After trying out all the 'ok - good' setups and just re-rolling awful ones I had a change of pace the other day and started playing every life I'm rolled. Have to sy the most fun ones have been those with poor setups or as an eve/1st gen when there is so much to do, plan and/or fix to give best chances of long lineages. The fact that with so many newer players few last more than a couple of generations is a bit of  shame but the actual gameplay in my 1 hour is very fun. Steam is going to be chaos but maybe that's where the best fun will be?

Nice. smile Three months of playing and I still play all lives I get. Lately I've been enjoying odd lives in almost empty cities; I've been making rose gardens, dyes, snake boots, mushroom tripping, poetry... I really want to record mushroom tripping visions on papers like some effed up PokéDex but damn that annoying character limit when writing! And damn how rare the mushrooms are! Old people can die during tripping but I need to write as much as I can so it gets hectic. Pls Jason add more writing space for papers and faster shroom farming? And easier rose colours that can be achieved during one life.

It's also nice to do nice things to others like write about them and the good things they have done. You just gotta play a stalker role for a while. Maybe bring a rose so you seem like a nice person while stalking.

But yeah Steam will be chaos. I'll probably be carrying places with a broken back but it's fine.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2018-10-25 10:25:52

Aname

ye its fun to play an eve and die with no girls because you got only 2 kids and both where boys yes!

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

Board footer