One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-10-09 16:25:44

Vexenie

Re: Is donkey town permanent?

Damn... Ok, I'll polish my skills and what not
Lately, I just became nomad and not really settled, but now I think I should go nomad and the settled

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#27 2018-10-09 18:05:57

Vexenie

HALLELUJA! HALLELUJA! I'M BACK IN SOCIETY BABY!

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#28 2018-10-09 19:02:49

Joriom
Website

curse Vexenie

#29 2018-10-09 19:04:25

UnnoticedShadow

Oof.  Too be fair, she earned it.  On another note, people in donkytown should not be able to curse, as they will just curse there own babies, to make them suffer even more

#30 2018-10-09 19:15:09

Stylingirl

You cannot curse marked people

#31 2018-10-09 19:27:26

Joriom
Website

Stylingirl wrote:

You can.

#32 2018-10-09 19:45:39

ShadouFireborn

Catfive wrote:

Sometimes you will even get another cursed player to be born to you and the fun you can have then!

Oh, yes. SUCH fun having someone be born to you in Donkey Town. Someone that you know is a griefer or murderer, because otherwise they wouldn't be there.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#33 2018-10-09 19:51:55

Catfive

ShadouFireborn wrote:
Catfive wrote:

Sometimes you will even get another cursed player to be born to you and the fun you can have then!

Oh, yes. SUCH fun having someone be born to you in Donkey Town. Someone that you know is a griefer or murderer, because otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Should I have put a /sarcasm tag on it? wink

#34 2018-10-16 17:35:13

Goliath

yeah seems to me donkey town is a joke and not a well thought out system.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#35 2018-10-16 19:08:01

UnnoticedShadow

It’s better there than not though, and helps against ohol ‘terrorists’ but the actual time spent in donkytown, from my experience is way too cruel, as it should allow you to respawn at your old base when dying from old age (Even if that means other donkeys will greif it).       While some people think the cruelty adds to he punishment, all it does is make you alt tab when in donkytown, which is just stupid.     Overall, keep it as it is, but allow eves to come back from old age!!!

#36 2018-10-16 21:26:42

Catfive

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

It’s better there than not though, and helps against ohol ‘terrorists’ but the actual time spent in donkytown, from my experience is way too cruel, as it should allow you to respawn at your old base when dying from old age (Even if that means other donkeys will greif it).       While some people think the cruelty adds to he punishment, all it does is make you alt tab when in donkytown, which is just stupid.     Overall, keep it as it is, but allow eves to come back from old age!!!

You can. Mark your spot with a home marker then die of old age, you'll often spawn back in the same spot as an eve again

#37 2018-10-16 21:56:37

Tarr
Banned

Catfive wrote:

You can. Mark your spot with a home marker then die of old age, you'll often spawn back in the same spot as an eve again

To my knowing Donkeys can't. Since the expanding eve spiral is always moving outward and donkeys are always dumped 50k away from the closest civ I'm pretty sure they get stuck playing from scratch every time they spawn.

Which I of course have no problem with. Punishment had been way too light for way too long. If you're annoying enough people to be exiled you deserve to be stuck either afking next to bushes or being stuck in limbo.

fug it’s Tarr.

#38 2018-10-16 22:46:29

Catfive

Tarr wrote:
Catfive wrote:

To my knowing Donkeys can't. Since the expanding eve spiral is always moving outward and donkeys are always dumped 50k away from the closest civ I'm pretty sure they get stuck playing from scratch every time they spawn.

Which I of course have no problem with. Punishment had been way too light for way too long. If you're annoying enough people to be exiled you deserve to be stuck either afking next to bushes or being stuck in limbo.

Interesting and I agree, if you're going to gather 8+ curses before you can work any off you have earned a timeout.

#39 2018-10-17 06:50:52

PeaGirl

Joriom wrote:
Stylingirl wrote:

You can.

When moderators correct each other...
*takes screenshot for meme*

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#40 2018-10-17 18:05:16

Jk Howling

Tarr wrote:

Wasn't it only like that when Donkeys spawned in the existing servers? I know in that first week Jason had a skeleton for a global curse server in progress, and had only applied the "spawn far away from existing settlements" thing as a temporary solution until he could finish the Donkey Town server.

It should be its own server at this point, in which case you should be able to respawn in home marked areas just like any other eve, no? Unless he kept the distance thing fsr in the Donkey Town server...

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer