One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-29 00:32:00

UnnoticedShadow

My Expirience Making a "Real" Fence Pen

I, Bob Camden was born into a village that was nothing out of the ordinary, having nothing but a Large forest and a Swamp Nearby, with all other biomes being rather far away.  I could tell this was a beginner camp, as it had no sheep, so I went ahead and started building the pen, right away.

Because of how resource intensive it is to build fences, I decided to build a 2x2 pen, barely, but just enough to contain compost, but could be changed later.  At first I found I was making great progress, making fences at a semi-fast speed, but as I depleted the shafts around me, it became harder, and so my progress slowed down.

However, I kept the work up, determined to house a sheep, and by the time I had finally finished my 2x2 pen, I had gone from a small boy to an old man.  I than used a berry bush to make a "doorway" and keep the sheep in.  Soon I had killed a mufflon and brought over it's baby.  When I finally did this, I raised its child, and got my first poop!  I than took this trophy and put it in the town square, where we worshipped "The Great Mighty Poo" 
        But I was old, and died soon after at age 55, with a neglected daughter I had rescued, and also named Bob, in hope that a Bob cult would rise.

Overall, I think that making a fence pen was fun, and very much worth it, though I cannot say how hard it might be to make in other places, as I happened to be in a forest filled place, though I think that in almost any environment a 2x2 sheep pen can be built over a maximum of 2 generations, and is definitely worth a try, as the pen gives the game a different feeling.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1163726

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-29 00:40:45)

#2 2018-09-29 05:31:28

pein

Re: My Expirience Making a "Real" Fence Pen

i extended one and tried to fix the top and bottom, but the first time someone didnt found a shaft for fire took one from the fence wall before i could of fix it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-09-29 05:54:27

Star

Bob's are great.

There should be another bob town again smile

Bob <3

#4 2018-09-29 14:39:23

InSpace

Haha, the bob cult I started is growing /devious

#5 2018-09-29 15:22:10

UnnoticedShadow

It's actually easier than I thought to build a 2x2 pen, and can be done in a lifetime pretty much anywhere, so those are the only pens I make, and when I see other pens, I replace them.

While it's better to use corner fence pens in almost every scenario, I feel it's worth the LITTLE bit of ascetic, even though it can be removed, as if a greifer really wants to destroy a pen, it's not that hard regardless of materials.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-29 20:33:51)

Board footer