One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-28 10:48:12

JonySky
Website

Improvements in statistics since the last update

Today I have been reviewing the public data of the session of 2018_09September_23_Sunday and I noticed that the murders have decreased and the plays that reach 60 years have grown a lot

Although I can not make a correct comparison 100 since the number of plays of the session of the September file is much higher than August, if you look at the number of murders you can see that it has decreased a lot (think that in the September session there are almost twice as many games recorded as in August)

Do you think that Donkey Town has exiled all the killers? or that the new players before September already have more experience and have learned the lesson?

2018-09-28_12_31_13-_Microsoft_Excel_-_Nuevo_Hoja_de_c_lculo_de_M.jpg

#2 2018-09-28 10:58:25

MultiLife

Re: Improvements in statistics since the last update

I hope it's the Donkey Town working its magic.

I have had a lot of disconnecting and suiciding babies though, people are very picky where they want to live. Does closing the game cause the death to be a disconnection?

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-09-28 11:20:21

JonySky
Website

When a suicide bb can die in many different ways (hunger, disconnection, wild animals ...) in these numbers I have not reflected all deaths related to suicidal babies (only hunger and disconnection, but not deaths by wild animals)

Last edited by JonySky (2018-09-28 11:21:34)

#4 2018-09-28 11:43:56

UnnoticedShadow

The nice thing about this update is the fact that it does not rid the game of greifers entirely, and only gets rid of the psychos who don’t do anything but kill.  This accounts for a surprising amount of the player base, as shown above.

Also what’s with the ridiculous amount of disconnects, I almost NEVER disconnect, as normally it is easier to starve.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-28 11:46:09)

#5 2018-09-28 11:52:05

tana

my theory is that the kids went back to school and forgot about the game or don't have time to play anymore.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#6 2018-09-28 11:53:23

UnnoticedShadow

Good theory, at least this is only cutting into the deaths by hunger, and not effecting old age:)

#7 2018-09-28 12:31:24

JonySky
Website

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Good theory, at least this is only cutting into the deaths by hunger, and not effecting old age:)

I think the percentage of deaths from hunger are more or less the same ... think that in the statistics of September I have collected a session with many plays

Tana, I also believe what you say ... the children have returned to school, they have grown tired of the game or Donkey Town has struck them down!

What surprises me is the great amount of disconnections!

#8 2018-09-28 12:33:46

Baker

JonySky wrote:
UnnoticedShadow wrote:

I think the percentage of deaths from hunger are more or less the same ... think that in the statistics of September I have collected a session with many plays

Tana, I also believe what you say ... the children have returned to school, they have grown tired of the game or Donkey Town has struck them down!

Maybe an increase in baby suicides or lag?

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#9 2018-09-28 12:45:32

JonySky
Website

Baker wrote:
JonySky wrote:
UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Maybe an increase in baby suicides or lag?

there is one thing that is happening to me lately, I do not know if the others also happen to them ...

My last respawns are men in big cities ... formerly my respawns were more varied now I have 1 respawn as a woman or as Eve for 5 man

I do not like to commit suicide, but I do not like to play 3 hours like a man in big cities with little work to do

#10 2018-09-28 15:15:14

The_Llamacorn

This is really exciting cuz it shows that Donkey Town is actually working! big_smile

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#11 2018-09-28 15:58:02

WalrusesConquer

I was really sad once because after much waiting I had a girl, and was able to pass name on. When I lost my connection! Shame. Sorry Eve Mattson and Eve Dawn

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#12 2018-09-28 20:20:32

Glassius

Disconnection reason:
1. Born in donkey town.
2. Disconnect, waiting for ban to elapse, as in other games it is usually time related.
3. Log in.
4. Disconnect
5. Uninstall.
6. Griefer abandoned a game.

#13 2018-09-28 22:51:03

Monolith_Rans

The disconnecting babies began asking to be murdered so that they would be lineage banned from the town they kept spawning into.  Some townspeople obliged them.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#14 2018-09-28 23:00:29

Luniatji

I am a suicide baby.. but I won't like to be killed lol. I almost always kill myself if I'm a boy, often spawn more than once by one woman/family as boy. Yesterday for example I suicided two times before I was a girl in the same settlement. Most of the times if I respawn in a place I just ran out as boy, I apologize to my former mom though.. explaining why I quit.

(And yes, I know that boys are also good to play and stuff .. but I really love the baby aspect of the game; learning new players things and stuff. Beside, it happened more than half of the time that in an eve/early settlement everyone who can have babies died and you are there as man thinking "..Great. If only I was a woman..")

So if I get suicide babies its annoys me, but I also understand; beside, what can I say about it if I do it myself? The only thing I didn't understand is when a woman didn't raise her kids .. after all, you choose to be a woman, so you get kids, so you care. If you don't like that, play as male.

#15 2018-09-29 00:17:20

UnnoticedShadow

You don't "Choose" to play as a woman, and actually, you are not supposed to "choose" at all, as you are just supposed to play the life you are born in, and suicidal babies are not supposed to be a part of the game at all.

#16 2018-09-29 00:28:10

Luniatji

At the moment you can choose to stay there and play or not (after all, you can always choose to not eat so you die, so it IS a game mechanic). I'm choosing not to stay if I'm a boy by starving myself and yes, then I get a new life. I don't think that is wrong. Yes, sometimes I spawn three times in the same family, two as boy which I suicide and one as girl where I stay, but so what? It is not that I suicide because I don't like the players, I dont like my gender at that moment. Even if I'm reborn a couple of times, I maybe get two other babies away from a mom .. or one, if I don't respawn there/respawn by another mom.

If you say that suicide people are not a part of the game, so is the same with bots or with griefers (because, after all, they didn't "work for the future), or racist, or woman killers, or ... name it. We are all a part of the game so you can deal with it or not. And no, I don't want to have a discussion about the fact if my reasoning is "bad" or  "wrong", I just want to give my thoughts about it.

#17 2018-09-29 00:39:21

UnnoticedShadow

Ok, I just think that Woman should not be held accountable for not raising babies, as I play plenty of games where I don't raise a single baby, as I feel there are enough babies to begin with.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-29 00:39:34)

#18 2018-09-29 00:44:03

Luniatji

If you dont care for it but drop  the baby by a caring player/say sorry or something it would be different.. Lots of times I have been born to (or saw as child/adult) a woman giving birth and running away. If you're in a hurry/food low its understandable .. but dont let your child alone in the middle of a village without saying anything!

So the baby spawns in, hungry, looks around and sees only strange people, has no name, is just left to die. I feel sad about stuff about that. If you play as a woman you choose to play as a woman (and sure, some people don't sucidide so they don't 'choose' to, but if you REALLY dont want to have a baby and dont even care to say sorry/drop by someone who can feed it, dont start that life as a woman!)

#19 2018-09-29 01:56:44

pein

i think everyone looked the same so you could get away with griefing on ginger week

my mother the other game told me that 'scotty' throw her in the 'baby pen of murder' and shes back to repopulate and to curse scottie for cutting trees and killing babies
well that was me and i just 'lol' to her, she tried to drop me on a bear
she starved on the way back, i survived with 7 starting bars
i didnt cut any trees and i dont just kill babies
i got away with like 20 kills, thank yourself for ruining my outpost

donkey land might have some psychological effect, but remember, all those murders were mostly against blacks speech kids and adults so maybe compare the month before

also griefers operate in shadows now, i seen 55 year old lady corn seed griefing secretly her whole life, you would expect kids or adolescents do that,  and i seen several towns same day where bellows and fire bow went missing and there was bowl with iron bar in the desert, and the griefer doesnt rub it in your face

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#20 2018-09-29 02:11:19

GreatShawn

tana wrote:

my theory is that the kids went back to school and forgot about the game or don't have time to play anymore.

I am a kid, And I don't greive, and that theory made me uncomfortable.

Board footer