One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-22 21:12:15

GreatShawn

Re: Eve Pharo vs Lisa Pharo

People, we have a lot of greivers on the forum.

#27 2018-09-22 23:41:21

NoraRose86

Wow. A mod had to tell you to stop. Shows your character even more in the way you’re behaving here.

And no. Baker was in charge. Ask him.

And no, you can’t see all the babies you were trying to feed on the lineage page, as a lot died from starvation due to the ginger-pocalypse. We didn’t have enough food for everyone, so of course few survived.

And no, he didn’t put a lot of effort into the camp. It was a horrible camp. I know this because I was born into it when there was an Eve there.

Several generations later it was livable. I was reborn there. He was reborn into it with a twin. The village was going down fast, his twin died. He decided to suicide by wolf but before that he wasn’t helping the cause by standing around, not helping, feeding babies that were abandoned left and right due to the food shortage. Got into an argument with several people and then suicided.

It’s not a big deal. That’s how he decided to play that time around. One game I ate a carrot because I was on the verge of death and was stabbed for it. Called a griefer. I once saw someone stab someone because they gave a baby a backpack. I killed an innocent once because their mom was in a cult and tried to kill me. [Read my story post if you’re curius]

But all of those things, they are part of the game. Things happen from life to life and we move on.

Listen, someone posted a story from one of their lives. I thought it was neat that I had another take on the story so I shared mine.

You’re the one who jumped in there calling Baker names and what not.

Not me. You starting calling people out, and then I explained what I saw and what you did.

You got so defensive, changed your story several times and started cursing and name calling enough that a mod even had to tell you to stop.

I’m new to the boards and so not as ‘established’ as you on here. I don’t care that you think that makes you automatically right. It doesn’t.

You were being a griefer.

Like Joriom said, we play anonymously. You’re the one who took it upon your self to start calling people out. I told the truth. End of story.

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-23 02:36:28)

#28 2018-09-22 23:51:10

NoraRose86

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

Eve's don't own a town, not in future incarnations at least. Just because you started a town dosn't mean you comeback hours later and yell "I'm Eve listen to me!!" besides I wouldn't believe someone who claimed that either.

They didn't insult anyone, just told them not to keep babies. You probably backtalked with that Eve crap and got yourself murdered, plenty griefers lie about being the original Eve just to get Gear.

I feel like Pharo is the only salty one here. The two "griefers" saved a kid and later got a sheep for the village. The one child policy wasn't true, It was to starve all the excess babies because we already had a bunch of children. So you kept a kids despite being told not to and here you on the forums insulting them for trying to save your town.

See? Now 4 people who saw what I saw.

#29 2018-09-22 23:59:26

PeaGirl

No need to get so sensitive over so minor. Just die and learn from your past and move on. Also having "ownership" is to the point when you can gaze and be happy of how long your eve's generation has brought you, but remain from putting on blame on others. Babies still are good in a way, and there are forests where berries are likely grown back if some big city. People also have so many kinds of food sources past eve, especially omelettes when you have managed to get for the plate age, especially around great amount of ponds. Having babies is still a good thing, since quite many will die during lifetime, so having at least someone to keep the generation going is important, no matter how dire the situation is. If you are really that concerned and are a man.... make compost while starving.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#30 2018-09-23 01:46:16

Jk Howling

NoraRose86 wrote:

And no, you can’t see all the babies you were trying to feed on the lineage page, as a lot died from starvation due to the ginger-pocalypse. We didn’t have enough food for everyone, so of course few survived.

See, the thing is, you can easily tell if a child was attempted to be kept or just outright abandoned. The key way to notice this is the fact that they starve at 0 years. Feeding a child even once will usually get them up to at least a year old, whgich only takes 60 seconds y'know. Another key point to note is that a few last words are "F" meaning they weren't suicidal, but wanted to be fed and survive there.

But instead, 4 of her 5 children were abandoned. One was fed, which you later killed because...?

If she were trying to "grief" as you put it, by feeding every single child that came before her, wouldn't she keep her own children as well? That'd be the most obvious sign. But instead, they were abandoned- just like 8 of your 9 kids were, which wouldn't she also try to "save" as well, for that matter?

The only real problem-child I can see of that generation is a gal named Angel Pharo, who appeared to try and keep EVERY child she had. Many of them starved later, as you pointed out, there wasn't enough food to sustain them.

Are you sure you're not mistaking Rose for Angel? She seemed to be more of an issue than Rose ever was, and it's not hard to get confused when literally everyone in the town looks identical.

Side note, I highly doubt she loosed the bears either. In a village where almost every kid was abandoned, whether they wanted to live or not, it's more likely one or several of them happened to run in the direction of bear caves and loose them. Even babies that go out of their way to suicide do this quite a lot, god knows why. It's not hard to imagine abandoned ones wouldn't.

But then again, you can't prove any of this. The only evidence we have is the lineage records, which lean against your claims.

Double side note, I'm not condoning her reaction, or any of the personal insults thrown around. From an outside perspective, I think she did overreact a bit and take things a bit too far with the name-calling and aggression. At the same time, I can also understand that it'd be extremely frustrating to do your best at playing a good game, then having someone turn around and start slandering your name on the forums, calling you a griefer.

On the other side of the coin, I don't condone yours either. There's no reason to get petty and personal with any of this. Your reactions are just as bad as hers, in a much prissier manner. There's no need to rub in the fact that a mod had to step in, nor start using this argument or even your claims of griefing as proof of someone's character. I understand that she may have started it, but that doesn't give you justification.

-Has ascended to better games-

#31 2018-09-23 02:34:29

NoraRose86

1. Most of what you’re saying involves assumptions. You weren’t there. You’re grasping at the lineage instead of listening to 4 people. 4 people who were there and saw. That’s concrete.

2. Killed because she was helping to keep alive her triplets, who were talking of killing. You would know that if you actually read the posts and not just jumping on the bandwagon. I get it. Pharo has been here longer, it’s expected. But again, 4 people were witnesses.

Side note of my own, why do twins and triplets almost always resort to killing? I’ve never played where they weren’t. So weird, but it’s a game and if they want to play that way then so be it. Just wondering out loud.

3. Pharo wasn’t the only one. The village was overrun by ginger babies and almost destroyed. At that point it was almost a total loss. Add in the fact that we were telling people not to keep the babies...I can see why several turned. Call it griefing or not, it’s along the same lines.

4. Pharo mentioned releasing bears. I don’t think anyone did in fact do that. Since he suicided by wolf after the triplets were running loose, I assumed (as you are with the whole lineage as concrete evidence thing) that he released them out of anger. I don’t think he did. But in the context of what he was saying in the previous posts, I assumed it as a possibility at that time.

I’m not getting petty or personal at all. I’m just explaining what happened. Again, 4 people back that up.

I wasn’t bringing to attention anything about the mod, or ‘rubbing it in’. Just saying that I wasn’t the only one who saw the name calling and cursing as wrong. You’re namecalling now, with the ‘prissy’ comment. I don’t understand why people can’t speak their opinions without name calling. Come on now. It’s not needed.

You can see and read my comments in any context that you wish, that doesn’t make it true. It’s hard to gain someone’s meaning or tone in written text alone which brings about misunderstanding. Misreading tone is one thing, namecalling, lying and pitch forks with friends is a whole different thing.

Again, it was one life. We can learn and move on.

#32 2018-09-23 02:44:06

NoraRose86

Pharo, I’m sure you’re a cool guy. I didn’t mean to come across that your play style is negative. In the one life I lived with you, I saw you as a griefer. In that instance.

The ginger-bug was frustrating, especially when you’re trying to build up a village from nothing. We all dealt with it in our own ways. No way was right or wrong, we can agree to disagree on the that.

I’m sure you don’t play that way every life, as attested by the fact that you have several friends who back that up.

But I got upset with the namecalling and bashing Baker, which then turned on to me when I and others explained what we saw. I’m sorry if my responses came across as such.

The ginger-bug is fixed. True griefers are taken care of with Donky town. A lot of cool new updates are being sent out and I’m sure much more is on the way. 

Let’s move forward and try and make some great lives with all of the new possibilities the updates bring.

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-23 02:46:58)

#33 2018-09-23 08:13:05

I am Pharo

Nora,
who are your four people that were there that can back you up.

post lineage if they were there.

Right now, we have:

You were there, you were Lisa

Baker was there, he was Amina.

Mirelli was there, she was my twin sister Vera.

and I was there, I was Rose.

who else was there that is backing up your story, seems like it was only you backing up your story,
and people who were not there chiming in.

I know Baker was there when you called me an idiot for no reason,
gave me grief about how I Eve, and blamed me for a host of your problems.
Idk how that is not supposed to come across as beef. 
If you see me as a griefer, get your eyes checked,
which has been the heart of almost every post I've sent calling you out on being foolish.

In case you forgot, Baker was to our right, we were by the forge on edge of desert,
he was by the bushes with triplets.

"You’re namecalling now, with the ‘prissy’ comment. I don’t understand why people can’t speak their opinions without name calling. Come on now. It’s not needed. "

Says the guy who literally called me an idiot, for something I wasn't doing....
That sounds mad prissy.

If people describe your disparaging behavior with disparaging adjectives,
then maybe stop calling people disparaging things in game.

Can't you understand by calling someone an idiot over nothing is toxic AF.
Ultimately, this behavior just makes the game harder for everyone, and makes ppl grief out of spite, i.e. bear cave babies.
Nora, now you can realize your errors of the past, and work on being more careful making judgements.
Tomorrow is a brand new day, and can start fresh again.

#34 2018-09-23 14:16:03

NoraRose86

Read back through the story post and this one. You were specifically told to stop calling people out. I don’t want to post screen names. So, you have me, as both Elisbet and Lisa. You have Baker, who you mentioned above. The person who originally posted their story and another one in the original post...who you yelled at too. It’s no wonder they haven’t come back.

I never called you an idiot? I’d have gotten admonishing from the mod too if I did. Not sure where you got that from?

I didn’t know you, as Rose was the Eve. You told several people in game? I’m sorry they didn’t care. Maybe they didn’t believe you? But when I was playing, I didn’t know that. Does is make a difference? Like several people have noted, you don’t own a town. Even being reborn into a town again doesn’t give you any ‘rights’ to it? So not sure why you keep bringing that up?

And yes, namecalling. Saying someone is a jerk is the same as someone saying you’re being a jerk.

Example: Hey I hate you and I’m going to keep spewing mean things at you. When you respond upset, I’m going to now call you prissy!! Prissy isn’t as mean as cursewords, so it’s okay! When you are still upset that I won’t stop, I’m going to say you’re ‘being’ prissy now and change it up a bit.

And if prissy is the meanest thing you can call me instead of coursewords, shouldn’t that be the time you stop? Like reflect on your behavior and just stop.

Like I said before, everyone has different playstyles. Those change all the time too depending on what type of village you’re born into. It’s not right or wrong, play as you will.

My life as Lisa, I wasn’t the one murdering people. Again, that was Baker. He was ‘in charge’. So you’re mad at him for the way the village was run. I only killed once I believe? but she was protecting griefer babies. I read on here that is griefing. So is giving a baby a pack when there are adilults around. Stealing is too. Someone mentioned feeding the dogs during the dog-pocalypse was griefing. This is why I say that you feeding all of the babies during the ginger-pocalpose was also griefing because Baker told you to stop. Albeit, few survived as it was mass chaos in that village and it takes babies longer and more feeding to grow up...so it wasn’t as bad as the dogs. I can find the post if you’d like to see it? People consider all sorts of things griefing if it hinders the growth of a village. It varies though.

Anyway, not sure what ‘lesson’ I’m supposed to learn from that life, as the only one being a griefer was you?

Edit: Thank you for giving me an Eve name idea. I wonder if Prissy is allowed to be one in game?

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-23 14:36:20)

#35 2018-09-23 14:25:28

NoraRose86

Oh and the title should be, Rose Pharo versus Lisa & Amina Pharo: The Ginger-pocalypse and Other Short Stories.

Maybe that’s too long, so maybe shorten it to Rose Pharo Vs Lisa and Amina Pharo.

But Eve in the title doesn’t make sense. You weren’t Eve there when we were there several generations later when all this happened.

Again, as several people have noted, being Eve originally doesn’t give you ownership of the village.

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-23 14:26:16)

#36 2018-09-24 00:16:47

Jk Howling

I was going to step out of this. I saw no reason to respond to that wall of text directed towards me, as I'd already made my observations. But, to clear one thing up:

- Don't suddenly spin this as if Pharo was personally insulting you with the term prissy. She was quoting me, as you very well should know given you read and responded to the very message she quoted. She never once used the term prissy in reference to you or your personality, so stop taking it like a personal attack. It's not.

- I wasn't using it as a direct insult, or an insult at all for that matter. Moreso as a descriptive term. I'm not sure what other word you'd wish me to use to describe the tone of some of your messages that you wouldn't take as a direct insult to you personally, which none of this is.

My point was, the connotation of several of your 'points' in a few messages came across as petty, and a little immature. Namely, the "haha a mod had to tell you to stop" bit. Reminds me of Kindergarten, when a kid would get in trouble and there was always that one kid who'd go "OOoOOooOO~ Jonny's in trouuubleeee~"

Part of an argument is how you come across, which is doubly hard via text where it's so easily misinterpreted. Also, like you yourself pointed out, some things just aren't necessary to get your point across. Name-calling isn't, for example. Neither is making petty jabs at someone's character, and pointing out moderator action against the other user.

Please, try not to get confused and drag me back into this mess.

-Has ascended to better games-

#37 2018-09-24 01:38:35

ShadouFireborn

She said, she said. 'Nuff said. This isn't going anywhere, and I'm surprised it's still going and hasn't been shut down by a mod yet. They've already started handing out warnings, yet both sides are still going at it. It was two days ago. It doesn't matter anymore. Chill out and let it go.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#38 2018-09-24 16:32:01

I am Pharo

ShadouFireborn wrote:

She said, she said. 'Nuff said. This isn't going anywhere, and I'm surprised it's still going and hasn't been shut down by a mod yet. They've already started handing out warnings, yet both sides are still going at it. It was two days ago. It doesn't matter anymore. Chill out and let it go.

Hey superfun, then stay out of it.

#39 2018-09-24 16:44:09

ShadouFireborn

You...

I...

Wow.

Ok, I can't even respond to that. And I probably shouldn't, in case a mod takes your comment accusing me of being superfun and evading his ban seriously, and decides to ban me before checking IPs. So I won't. So have fun thinking I'm superfun, I guess.

Just do me a favor, and read some of my other posts and topics before you start slinging wild accusations at me again.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#40 2018-09-24 19:02:56

I am Pharo

this is a wild accusation thread, maybe this isn't a suitable conversation for you to partake in.
p.s.
1. this post was created by a mod
2. superfun def knows how to forge an IP, he makes bots, and has no known meaningful existence.

yes, be the bigger person and don't respond.

Last edited by I am Pharo (2018-09-24 19:04:27)

#41 2018-09-24 22:40:15

NoraRose86

ShadouFireborn wrote:

You...

I...

Wow.

Ok, I can't even respond to that. And I probably shouldn't, in case a mod takes your comment accusing me of being superfun and evading his ban seriously, and decides to ban me before checking IPs. So I won't. So have fun thinking I'm superfun, I guess.

Just do me a favor, and read some of my other posts and topics before you start slinging wild accusations at me again.

This is exactly what I’m dealing with!!

Side note, Pharo is the only one who was warned...no one else. And on and on he goes. I feel like he wants the last word maybe. And no...I’m not saying “moooom Pharo is calling me naaaaames!”  It’s a simple fact and coincides with why this thread is pointless and irelevant at this point.

I agree with you. It’s he said/she said. Done and over with.

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-24 22:45:02)

#42 2018-09-24 22:44:33

NoraRose86

I am Pharo wrote:

this is a wild accusation thread, maybe this isn't a suitable conversation for you to partake in.
p.s.
1. this post was created by a mod
2. superfun def knows how to forge an IP, he makes bots, and has no known meaningful existence.

yes, be the bigger person and don't respond.

Please stop.

Can we close this thread somehow?

It’s not even productive and Pharo refuses to stop.

Now he’s on to accusing someone of being superfun??

How is this not locked yet?

#43 2018-09-25 03:07:01

Stylingirl

I literally just ignored this thread because I knew it was going to be nothing but pointless squabbles. All ya'll had to do was stop responding and it would've ended but you kept going, so don't just blame Pharo because it's obvious he wasn't having a conversation with himself. But now I see that it's veered to the point of not being anywhere remotely related to the game so I'm closing this.

Board footer