One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-20 23:48:54

Stylingirl

Jason changed the way curses are removed

To combat bots and autoclickers, time in Donkey Town now does not count towards getting rid of curses unless you have lived for at least ten minutes. If you live for nine minutes, nothing is counted but if you live fifteen minutes then it counts for fifteen minutes. He said he may eventually try to implement recognizing more advanced bots but for now that is all that has changed.

#2 2018-09-21 00:19:38

Leilani

Re: Jason changed the way curses are removed

So glad to hear this! Thank you Jason!

#3 2018-09-21 00:29:25

UnnoticedShadow

You rock Jason, SUFFER SUPERFUN!!!

Edit: BURN!!!
Edit: NOT HAVING SO MUCH FUN NOW ARE YOU?
Edit: I will stop editing

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-21 00:37:56)

#4 2018-09-21 01:26:23

Superfun2
Banned

I'm having fun cause I just made my bot eat big_smile big_smile big_smile

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#5 2018-09-21 01:28:47

Superfun2
Banned

I had to desing a bot for school so WIN-WIN

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#6 2018-09-21 01:31:21

UnnoticedShadow

Yeah, not sure if I want to jynx this but. . . I'm pretty sure you just can't accept defeat:(

Even if not, it will slow down you're bots progress as it does not have the rationality to predict foods locations, and use sharp stones.  so it will only live to 10 minuites a small fraction of the time.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-21 01:34:00)

#7 2018-09-21 01:37:55

Leilani

Superfun, you could try... you know... not being the sort of player everyone wants to put in Donkey Town. I'm pretty sure it would take less effort than improving your bot. You might be surprised at how fun it can be.

#8 2018-09-21 01:57:17

Superfun2
Banned

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Yeah, not sure if I want to jynx this but. . . I'm pretty sure you just can't accept defeat:(

Even if not, it will slow down you're bots progress as it does not have the rationality to predict foods locations, and use sharp stones.  so it will only live to 10 minuites a small fraction of the time.

No stones required big_smile. berries and onion AND my bot stays in the green unless there is no food then it will venture out on a cardinal directon until it finds green!

#9 2018-09-21 01:59:23

UnnoticedShadow

If you say so.

#10 2018-09-21 03:05:56

Booklat1

guys, pretend he doesn't exist for fucks flying sake. Have you never heard "dont feed the fucking troll"?

if you wanna complain about botting talk to jason directly, just ignore this guy

#11 2018-09-21 16:25:44

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Global curse server is going to be tracking lifetime curse points, along with total score.

So... if repeat offenders and bots become a huge problem, I can just turn on that quadratic formula, where your time-to-serve gets longer and longer as your total curse score grows.

#12 2018-09-21 19:09:10

Lotus

Booklat1 wrote:

guys, pretend he doesn't exist for fucks flying sake. Have you never heard "dont feed the fucking troll"?

if you wanna complain about botting talk to jason directly, just ignore this guy

+1

#13 2018-09-21 19:55:21

marsrider
Website

Fantastic job, Jason!

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#14 2018-09-21 20:05:27

UnnoticedShadow

Yeah, after thinking about SuperFun's post, at least at the time of writing it, she had not actually formulated a bot, as. . .

1:  It is highly unlikely she could design a bot within this amount of time, and also unlikely she would admit to defeat

2:  If she had to make a bot for school, lets be honest. . . she is not showing this game to her teacher

3:  Unlike last time, despite this claim being even LESS believable, this time she decides NOT to post evidence, despite the fact we know that she can

Regardless, she will probably respond with some sort of counter, and if she does, ignore it.  Although I have no been doing this in the past, it is time we do.

#15 2018-09-22 10:25:00

Joriom
Website

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

2:  If she had to make a bot for school, lets be honest. . . she is not showing this game to her teacher

Why would you denounce OHOL in such an ugly way? Are you saying that we should be ashamed to play OHOL and it might be embarrassing to show it to someone else?
OHOL is a perfect game to experiemtn with bots. Its open source, protocol is well documented and really easy, its 2d tile based which eliminates many problems or simplifies them, its not against ToS to create a bot and gameplay is based on simple action-reaction interactions without enviromental conditions and multiblock structures.

#16 2018-09-22 11:06:06

Rohen

Joriom wrote:
UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Why would you denounce OHOL in such an ugly way? Are you saying that we should be ashamed to play OHOL and it might be embarrassing to show it to someone else?
OHOL is a perfect game to experiemtn with bots. Its open source, protocol is well documented and really easy, its 2d tile based which eliminates many problems or simplifies them, its not against ToS to create a bot and gameplay is based on simple action-reaction interactions without enviromental conditions and multiblock structures.

There are naked breasts and penises. Not really PG. I guess that's the point.

#17 2018-09-22 11:16:46

gabal

There is a mod that removes it, streamers use it all the time.

#18 2018-09-22 13:03:05

Joriom
Website

Rohen wrote:

Naked human body IS actually PG. Sexualized naked human body is not PG. Thats quite a difference people stopped to noticed some time ago which saddens me. Also, as pointed out - you can cover it up with mod if you're oh-so-fragile.

#19 2018-09-22 14:36:21

UnnoticedShadow

I suppose I am "oh-so-fragile" as I would never DREAM of showing this game to my teacher, I even refused to show it to my mother the first couple of months I had this game.  I am irrationally effected by nudity to a point, so this game was not a easy choice to make, so I suppose from that aspect I do not fit in with the general fan-base.

#20 2018-09-22 14:40:43

PeaGirl

Joriom wrote:
Rohen wrote:

Naked human body IS actually PG. Sexualized naked human body is not PG. Thats quite a difference people stopped to noticed some time ago which saddens me. Also, as pointed out - you can cover it up with mod if you're oh-so-fragile.

I love mods when they are savage. Also it is not because people are sensitive. Youtube would start striking youtubers who have anything that would break THEIR Terms of Service.
Also, botting doesn't break the ToS for free domain servers... but it definitely does for multiplayer games, where macroing or botting is considered cheating. OHOL is in exception with this one, though after this patch from Rohrer I see that these cases are still being little compromised, no matter how much you consider there is no issue with bots and macroers... though, most of us still do feel so, because we play the game and we end up having meaningless feelings when someone bots his way from cursed town back to destroy generations.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#21 2018-09-22 14:44:35

UnnoticedShadow

Other than Santan (Who is a whole different story)  Botting is pretty much dead, at least for now.  The only reason people would bot would be to be some kind of "Terrorist" or waste their own electrical bill.  Weaught to put our worries towards more concerning things, like what direction the actual game is going in:)

#22 2018-09-22 16:52:18

Joriom
Website

PeaGirl wrote:

Youtube would start striking youtubers who have anything that would break THEIR Terms of Service.

YouTube is waaay different story as its oversensitive to many things. Try recording wholesome 60 minute video and say just once that you "killed" those cows or that creeper "blew up someone". Say bye bye to adds revenue. Its not without reasons most YouTubers (especially political ones or "let's players") have whole books of forbidden words and their replacements like "destroying animals" or "processing animals".

PeaGirl wrote:

Also, botting doesn't break the ToS for free domain servers... but it definitely does for multiplayer games, where macroing or botting is considered cheating. OHOL is in exception with this one, though after this patch from Rohrer I see that these cases are still being little compromised, no matter how much you consider there is no issue with bots and macroers...

As much as I value your input, are you sure you know what you're talking about? Whats "free domain server"? Did you mean "public doman"? And what does it have to do with server?

Botting is not against ToS although some actions performed by bots might be considered intrusive and gamebreaking. Just like single person without bot being able to kill whole town without consequences was (before curse, staggering, murder graves, etc).

The point about bots though, is - its almost impossible to keep bots at bay when game source code is publicly available and even then, Jason would have to waste time on bots instead of content itself. Some things are beyond of human capabilities of one-man-army developement "team".

Board footer