One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-14 22:23:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Update: Dogs and Donkeys

izr5NGC.gif

Are you a pie gobbler?  Tool hider?  Seed thrower?  Forest chopper?  Congratulations!  You just won an all-expense paid trip to Donkey Town.  There, you will find a paradise where you and your fellow pie gobblers can gobble each other's pies for hours of endless, giddy enjoyment.

There will also be dogs.  Too many dogs, from early reports.  Not just in Donkey Town, but everywhere.  Did you ever read the book "Go Dog. Go!" by P. D. Eastman?  We're talking more dogs than that, even.  Perhaps we will add "dog-overbreeder" to the list, and you can hop on that train to Donkey Town with the rest of them.

The clicking user interface for the backpack, when you're holding food in your hand, has been improved.  Left-clicking on the pack puts food into the pack, right-click swaps the food with the bottom item in the pack, and left-clicking on yourself causes you to eat the food.

#2 2018-09-14 22:28:55

TheRedBug

Re: Update: Dogs and Donkeys

I wanna eat the doggos

Hot dogs anyone?

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-09-14 22:47:20

Booklat1

TheRedBug wrote:

I wanna eat the doggos

I wanna drink donkey tears

#4 2018-09-14 22:50:08

Turnipseed

Hooray for donkey town!

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-09-14 23:23:04

Joseph Stalin

donkey town? like hell?

#6 2018-09-15 00:09:03

Adveloq

I'd really like the details of this change if possible? I got cursed pretty badly the last life before patch, and been cursed for 2+ ingame hrs now.

Joseph Stalin wrote:

donkey town? like hell?

Circa 50K away from the active bell tower right now.

Last edited by Adveloq (2018-09-15 00:09:25)

I am Eve Raven. If not, I will name my babies after flying creatures. Or ridiculous and long names like Oluwadunmininu.

#7 2018-09-15 00:55:53

Turnipseed

Donkey town like in pinochio...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#8 2018-09-15 01:11:06

FounderOne

What happens when you get cursed in donkeytown? big_smile

And how do you get rid of those dogs? big_smile

Last edited by FounderOne (2018-09-15 01:11:39)

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#9 2018-09-15 01:19:37

Adveloq

Yeah confirmed you are now black texted for over one hour gametime.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1077350
Played 2 hrs before this and then an entire life as Eve. Still Black.

I am Eve Raven. If not, I will name my babies after flying creatures. Or ridiculous and long names like Oluwadunmininu.

#10 2018-09-15 02:14:02

SirCaio

Am I the only one that thought the update added ACTUAL donkeys? XD

#11 2018-09-15 02:43:06

Auner

OOOOOOOOMMMMMM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD.

100,000,000 dogs in 5 min

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#12 2018-09-15 03:15:11

Sovietico21

Jason, i want a refund, i didn't brake any rules of your game, and you ban me sending me to this "donkey town" wich is not other thing but a ban.

#13 2018-09-15 03:26:33

Booklat1

Sovietico21 wrote:

Jason, i want a refund, i didn't brake any rules of your game, and you ban me sending me to this "donkey town" wich is not other thing but a ban.

that's a game mechanic just like those that people griefing abuse

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-09-15 03:26:50)

#14 2018-09-15 04:12:33

Monolith_Rans

I love having 1,000 dogs. But I would like to put puppies in a basket.  That's a must, really.  Also, can we please throw unwanted dogs into abandoned wells?  Or can we hire bears to kill them?  Snakes?  If we can kill them, than we can bury them with graves and all.  the headstone can say "BEST FRIEND". I would like to see a pit-bull take out a cow also.  Dogs had a purpose in their creation, and they seem to have none at the moment except to tickle my fancy.  Teams of dogs pulling sleds?  Dogs getting tied to trees around the village to ward off penguins?  Can we kill cows to make leather collars?  More dog stuff please.  Gold name tags.  Veterinary care. Cats.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#15 2018-09-15 08:33:02

JonySky
Website

If the griefers complain, it means that the new system of Donkey Town works perfectly ... thank you very much Jason !!!

#16 2018-09-15 12:37:42

Thecolorthursday

What is Donkey Town?

use she for me please

#17 2018-09-15 13:16:00

karltown_veteran

Except instead of two dogs there's fifty thousand dogs and all the mutton has been wasted. XP

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#18 2018-09-15 17:04:49

ThatGirlOverThere

lol omg, I love it Jason nice for all the terrible griefers out there HAHA!

#19 2018-09-15 19:13:52

seth

LOL, this gif has great comedic timing.. cracked me up big_smile

#20 2018-09-17 05:25:55

unholythings

Either this update goes or I want a refund. I was actually a bit excited to see what "Donkey Town" was. I thought maybe it'd be a broke down village that a couple cursed people would have to revive. But its not. And now I have been cursed for hours on end. This is ridiculous Jason. There are already so many consequences of being a griefer and now you've just shot any fun there is in the game. Im not saying that being a griefer is the only fun in this game because its not. I enjoy showing newbies the ropes, helping an eve build what will become a huge city, and even the simple things like farming and baking. But every once in a while, I do like to be mischievous. And anybody saying that they dont, is either lying, or hasn't played ohol as much as I and others have. I can understand where you were coming at with this update. Bunching all the griefers together. But theres just not enough players in the game for that. And theres tons of people who are still learning the game and dont even know how to grief. The game isnt even playable for me anymore. So, as stated earlier, if this update doesnt go like the monolith update, I want a refund, and I will be explaining to my youtube subs why I no longer play.

#21 2018-09-17 07:15:13

Czak.

There is too many dogs dogocalyps wink

#22 2018-09-17 09:15:18

marsrider
Website

Hahaha, in your face griefers!!! Finally a greta update to send those fuckers to hell! And those who complain about getting a refund - get a life you cry babies! You've been asking for this a long time and this is a ridiculous way to ask for a refund - you still PLAY THE GAME, except that you won't be able to to ruin other ppl experience. It's like life and prison - take a god damn responsibility for once!

And as somebody said - if ANYBODY complains, that means it's working it's magic! Thank you, Jason, you rock, man!

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#23 2018-09-17 15:07:39

PeaGirl

marsrider wrote:

Hahaha, in your face griefers!!! Finally a greta update to send those fuckers to hell! And those who complain about getting a refund - get a life you cry babies! You've been asking for this a long time and this is a ridiculous way to ask for a refund - you still PLAY THE GAME, except that you won't be able to to ruin other ppl experience. It's like life and prison - take a god damn responsibility for once!

And as somebody said - if ANYBODY complains, that means it's working it's magic! Thank you, Jason, you rock, man!

You really like repeating yourself. Although the ones who have been whining and complaining are the innocent folk. I think it should have been opposite, innocent recking griefers who are doing evil things, but since it is morally impossible for you sugar butts, you need them in way different side of server. I though prefer as a mild griefer in more own space because the most reasons I griefe is because players are just ridiculously stupid, even after careful instroducing at job. Though this won't get rid of white collar griefers, so I doubt you'll be seeing your picture perfect pen for long or huge pie piles. smile Why? It's because murders are more seen, and likely people are more eager to go to Donkey Island for more professional people.

Last edited by PeaGirl (2018-09-17 15:08:51)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#24 2018-09-18 05:59:47

Sovietico21

The thing is, this update do not realy work, with the ammount of people playing the game right now, being in donkey town is the same as beeing baned from the game.
There is no rules of conduct in the server, so a ban is unfair.

There are more serious problem with this game, and grieffing was kinda solving them in a mild way.
There are people exploiting game mechanincs to always spawn on the town they build, and this are old and experienced players, these towns are always thriving because of this, and absorve all the new kids in the server, this make the end game boring as hell, you are allways spawning in the same towns over and over again. The griffing mechanics in the game, make this big towns a lot more interesting, since there were active guards, and assasins on far aways roads, but now that will die.
The game got to a point, were a couple of experienced people build their always alive town, and the rest just forced to spawn there and eat berries, with nothing interesting to do, because they wont integrate anybody else to the task of building, you have to be happy always reseeding carrots, or berries ad eternum.

#25 2018-09-18 11:43:24

tana

it's not a ban, you still can play.

think of it this way, you got caught, you got cursed and sent to "prison" and when you done serving your time you can play in main population again.

As for the big cities, you can grab a basket of food and go away and branch out, or suicide and try to build your own, or you can try to find new players and teach them stuff, big cities are ideal for that purpose since everything is done, theres no urge to survive. As an eve i often have children asking me to teach, i really try, but often i forget cause i'm lost in all the tasks that absolutely need being done for survival and have no time to teach.

Also don't blame experienced players fo respawning in their city, it's how the game mechanic is implanted, there will always be eves spawning in big cities abandonned or not.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

Board footer