One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-16 02:01:09

helloworld

just not as fun as it used to be

maybe I played too much, but i played like maybe 6 hrs past two weeks. i think i played close to 15-20 hrs a week. when i first got it.
donno is just not as fun anymore. maybe i played too much and i did pretty much everything possible multiple times. this sucks, the game was fun while it lasted, but i will be taking a break from this game for bit. see you guys in a month or two.

#2 2018-09-16 02:03:38

UnnoticedShadow

Re: just not as fun as it used to be

I left the game for like a month and now i'm coming back to it, and it feels much better than before, as I have tons of new stuff to look at.  If you think it is boring, definitely take a break, but do look back at it eventually.

Edit:  If you have and constructive feedback for the game, please say what makes it so boring, besides time:)

(I'm kinda curious why this person is acting this way though)

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-16 02:39:25)

#3 2018-09-16 03:52:59

JellyLegs

Of course after you play a game for that many hours it will begin to loose its charm. Take your own advice and wait for a few more updates to come out before playing again.

#4 2018-09-16 03:54:17

Tarr
Banned

Yeah basically either play a different style or take a break. I've been playing more eve gen runs because puppy hellscape and a bit of boredom in big city.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-09-16 06:11:48

pein

it was kinda bad in last few weeks, i get that is important to have tutorial, it just too bad to have only cosmetic updates and no gameplay elements to try out

i was a bit bored of the game and didnt found food too much interesting, cows were okay

i started doing berry farm optimizations and road making, bread distribution and stuff i never thought i would
i did some projects again (my rose pen attempt last time was kinda a failure, the last was pretty good, and some people were interested in it, it was certainly an unique city with so much savana and my weirdo pen), or some projects on sides of cities, like secondary composter areas, new pen styles combined with berry, or just cow stations
on forums people also went on an on about little things, like the berry farm discussions or what to do with cursing

we kinda need some new things to keep the veterans active, the game has still much potential, and if jason listens to few suggestions we can have better replay ability

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-09-16 07:43:48

MultiLife

I think OHOL is a game that has a wave-like lifetime when played routinely. Sometimes you may get a string of lives that are boring (or frustrating) to you, which drags down the gameplay experience. Now what is boring to people can differ but yes, at some point it turns dull, so take a break, have fun and come back excited and happy like many do!

I haven't had long breaks but I did stay away during butter knife murders and note&arrow glitch. I'm not bored yet, but have had "almost dull life" week or so ago; I was in a city that had it all and it took me a long time to figure out what to do so I could start a project for myself; I ended up being busy farming milkweed for thankful people who needed buckets and other things. That's probably dull to someone else but I actually never had to farm milkweed like that before. Belltower or a building would've been a fun challenge for myself too as I never have done those, even with almost two months of gameplay (but only like few lives a week). When I am absolutely not looking forward to a life when I am born, I will take a break.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2018-09-16 17:32:31

Auner

Honestly, I'm sick of how people don't seem to understand how hard a videogame is to produce all by yourself. like 50 years of mastering programming and pixel art will still  have a much more chaotic and unprofessional user experience vs an industry backed and fully funded project.

Back when you first started playing- you were eating up months and months and months of Jason's labor in those 10-15 hours.

Honestly- why do you want to play a videogame for 6 hours a day? Can you imagine how much happier you'd be in life if you spent just an hour cleaning, going to a community event, try and find a date-- and if you can't go out cause you're nasty- pamper yourself for an hour.  Fuck fixing up your RESUME?

Anyway- get with reality- take a break if you need to. IT's not Jasons fault- it's just the reality of the situation.

Also long breaks == gaps in learning so you find you hovered over content you havent explored that way smile

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

Board footer