One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-09-12 11:28:55

PeaGirl

Re: Drawing the line

Spockulon wrote:

Jason, if you're paying attention, this bullshit is one of the reasons I stopped playing. It's like watching the current American political crisis play out in this video game.

Who's correct here?

Those who are claiming the right to offend whomever they choose -or-
Those who are claiming the right to not be exposed to offense and hate-speech.

Ugh. Back to Minecraft, I guess...

I think the political stuff is more in forums, where people have more time to think about their words.
Also Rohrer doesn't seem to shush anyone here. Exception being in discord and in forums.
For these typical snowflake posts (which often come rather often considering that winter is coming and we need to brace for the "cold arrival") I think there should be rant forum section where players can put their concerns of any. At least lets people have all their toxious ooze splattered in more "secure" location.

And when it comes for racism in game... I already thought that the nudity in game already provides enough evidence of what is to come of the game. It's the wild west of all sorts of imagination people have to offer. Instead of being sandbox of censors and censors and censors... it is actually good as it is (as far as I've seen it). People are racist no matter how much you try to sugarcoat it. If you though kill over someone's saying of bad words, I don't know what to say. It's hard to save someones eyesight from such narrow mind.
And I congratulate those people who push ppl's limits. I have always appreciated free speech... let it be black humor joke or political debate. Those around you who try to criminate your joke on something, oh... thank god there is rebirth button, you can always revive and repeat your process. No harm done. I'll be like baby who sees sugarflakes for a first time when I name my baby after Stalin, or Levin.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#77 2018-09-12 11:47:38

Kerbal weapons inc.

Can we just stop fighting about this. I personally do not care if someone makes distasteful jokes but if anyone hates those things they should just install something in the client to censor thing you do not like and does not ruin the experience for everyone else

#78 2018-09-12 11:54:26

PeaGirl

Kerbal weapons inc. wrote:

Can we just stop fighting about this. I personally do not care if someone makes distasteful jokes but if anyone hates those things they should just install something in the client to censor thing you do not like and does not ruin the experience for everyone else

That would be useful to make it look more friendly and less "trickering".

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#79 2018-09-12 21:43:30

redbird

I will unapologetically curse and end the game for anyone spouting bigotry, sexually harassing players, or pushing pedo fantasies. I will try to seek the village’s blessing first, and I will of course give my blessing.

Nasty bigots are just a specific kind of griefer and deserve to be cursed and have their run terminated for the sake of allowing normal people to enjoy the game, same as with all griefers. Basic decency isn’t hard, people.

And for the inexperienced, don’t be fooled; they never argue in good faith, and demand a podium without consequences (for them—and they don’t mind ruining your fun/game/life/etc. cuz they’re entitled. You have to realize there really are people out there who aren’t just a little “prejudiced on accident,” or ha ha such an edgy silly head, but truly into some messed up stuff and want to normalize it).

If you give them an inch they WILL take every mile and completely toxify the forum, game, platform, whathaveyou with their poison to greater extremes. All the good people will leave, which is fine by them. What do you think happened to 4chan?

Stamping out blatant bigot-griefing is basically just moderation, not someone overzealously trying to cater to everyone’s sensitivities. If you have serious problems with women or brown/black people that affects your ability to play nice with others, then you shouldn’t be playing.

Last edited by redbird (2018-09-12 21:47:02)

#80 2018-09-12 21:56:03

Raliax

Trick wrote:
Raliax wrote:

Freedom of speech?  No??

The USA is one of few places that allows hate speech.  It's probably one of the reasons why you have a problem with Nazis, police murdering black people in cold blood, immigrant children in jails, Trump, and walls (to name a few).

Obviously your 'freedom of speech' is working out really well.

Nice try, they brought it apon themselves lmao...

You're soo wrong.

#81 2018-09-12 23:07:54

Spockulon

PeaGirl wrote:
Spockulon wrote:

Jason, if you're paying attention, this bullshit is one of the reasons I stopped playing. It's like watching the current American political crisis play out in this video game.

Who's correct here?

Those who are claiming the right to offend whomever they choose -or-
Those who are claiming the right to not be exposed to offense and hate-speech.

Ugh. Back to Minecraft, I guess...

I think the political stuff is more in forums, where people have more time to think about their words.
Also Rohrer doesn't seem to shush anyone here. Exception being in discord and in forums.
For these typical snowflake posts (which often come rather often considering that winter is coming and we need to brace for the "cold arrival") I think there should be rant forum section where players can put their concerns of any. At least lets people have all their toxious ooze splattered in more "secure" location.

And when it comes for racism in game... I already thought that the nudity in game already provides enough evidence of what is to come of the game. It's the wild west of all sorts of imagination people have to offer. Instead of being sandbox of censors and censors and censors... it is actually good as it is (as far as I've seen it). People are racist no matter how much you try to sugarcoat it. If you though kill over someone's saying of bad words, I don't know what to say. It's hard to save someones eyesight from such narrow mind.
And I congratulate those people who push ppl's limits. I have always appreciated free speech... let it be black humor joke or political debate. Those around you who try to criminate your joke on something, oh... thank god there is rebirth button, you can always revive and repeat your process. No harm done. I'll be like baby who sees sugarflakes for a first time when I name my baby after Stalin, or Levin.

Okay, but here's my point:

I am a 30-year-old with a career, partner, and dogs. I work 40+ hours a week. my free-time and energy are generally limited by my other responsibilities. I have multiple entertainment options available. Television shows, streaming platforms, other console & PC games, etc.

With the current climate in-game (baffles me why you point out that most of this is on the forum. EXACTLY the problem BECAUSE these are the people actually playing the game regularly), why would I want to allocate my limited time to a game that has become an unenjoyable experience because of all of this political garbage. THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO ESCAPE WHEN GAMING! THE REAL WORLD!

This b/s where people kill only black/brown/white babies in game has gone on for months. I've been called "libtard" in-game because I picked up an axe that someone felt belonged to them. People go around saying "Heil" and "MAGA" and shit.
WHY WOULD I WANT TO PUT UP WITH THAT WHEN TRYING TO ENTERTAIN MYSELF

Let me be clear that I'm generally pretty thick skinned, and have no issues or fear standing up to people in general. It's just the amount/volume that is now past my limit of patience.

That's my point to Jason. I want to enjoy this game. The idiots on both sides are making it impossible. As it stands now, I went from recommending this game to all of my gamer buds to recommending AGAINST it.

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#82 2018-09-13 03:57:28

Anshin

Spockulon wrote:

... THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO ESCAPE WHEN GAMING! THE REAL WORLD!...

Then maybe you shouldn't play a game made entirely of REAL PEOPLE.

#83 2018-09-13 17:05:05

Catfive

YAHG wrote:

If you  want to tell me what to think and do. Please understand that I will resent you trying to control me and impost your views on me.

I am not you, I do not need to be you. You have that covered already.

It is about you wanting to limit what other people can say because you don't want to hear it.

Why not just limit what you can hear instead? Let people talk.

Limiting what you can read achieves the same thing yes but generally I want to see people using such language so I know who to target smile

#84 2018-09-14 00:33:56

Spockulon

Anshin wrote:
Spockulon wrote:

... THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO ESCAPE WHEN GAMING! THE REAL WORLD!...

Then maybe you shouldn't play a game made entirely of REAL PEOPLE.

Every online multiplayer game is comprised of real people. That's a faulty premise.

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#85 2018-09-14 11:06:53

TrustyWay

People roleplay cavemen, let them be cavemen and not a dude driven into political correctness. Maybe these problems are real issue in your country but in mine those things are almost non existant, it's internet, let people be themselves, it's not USA...

Not doing wierd things while you are anonymous on a game is a sign of NAZISM (jk)

I have stolen children for my tribe, I have kill children for gods. Once I have played a bandit and strip people from their goods, once I was a king that killed all the men, another time I was king that married as much women as I could and ended  up crazy. Once I have killed an entier town and kept a girl as my daughter so she could save the megacity. Once I took over a little farm of few people, I killed some of them and the rest were my slaves, I let one of my villager slaughter them because he never killed anyone. Once I ask my mother to name me hitler, then I told it was her fault, she got killed by dumb sjws.

Don't except people to act just like in real life, even more in a game where you are supposed to live an other one. I'm living in a country where relations with people are totally different than US, I'm not an american so I wont act like an US citizen by default.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-09-14 11:17:55)

#86 2018-09-15 04:17:39

EllynEve

I feel like this sort of behavior needs to be maintained by the populace of players. It's atrocious, terrible, and sad, but I think Jason's intent with this game is for it to mirror our realities and development.

As far as your moral code in dealing with this behavior, that's also up to you. Kill 'em. I would.

#87 2018-09-15 07:24:44

arkajalka

So next patch we are introduced with gender fluid attack helicopters and maybe a jewish owned media platform.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer