One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-07 03:17:12

Tea

The Lifes I wished I had never lived

I love this game. I love being a shepherd, doing some compost and baking for the whole family.

I am usually a positive, kind-hearted player. If I starve, it's okay, should have been more careful. If I get killed, that's okay too because a new life will let me forget that it ever happened. I don't griefe, I don't kill unless I have real proof that that person is a bad person. I help where I can and even do the jobs no one wants to do. I love teaching new players, reading their happy response once they understood one little thing in this game.

But the lifes I lived these past days had worn out my positivity. It makes me sad and angry and disappointed. It is not the game that makes me feel this way. It is some people that play it. Here are some lives I wish I had never lived :

__________________ 1. _____________________

I was born to Aurora Sass II. She had given birth to five kids only few seconds appart. She managed it well, keeping every kid fed and named while staying fed herself as well. She wished little Pablo Sass good luck and off he was searching for work.

Few years later, a murder happened, it was my brother Sarah Sass II who was shortly killed after by my mother. She got later shot by an arrow by my brother Diego Sass. After he death, I took her apron as a little memory to my dear mother and had found a whool hat that I wanted to dye later. There were only few people so I wanted to do my best to help the town get back on his feet.

Past forward few years and I found myself being chased by Peyton Sass. She just started to run after me with a knife. Without saying anything. I ran around town, asking for help, telling people that she wanted to kill me.

Why ? Well she told the others that I had killed her mother and am wearing the same gear as her. Of course I told people that it was not true. Did they believe me ? No. One conversation was like this :

"Help me / the old lady wants / to kill me / I didn't do anything"

"I know / But you can never / be too careful"

" But I'm innocent"

"Then tell her "

"She will kill me once I / stop moving / I can't work with her chasing me"

For Peyton, I was a murderer. Said something about my twin that looked like me and that I had helped him kill her mother. No one helped me. I worked and helped and no one helped me in return. In the end I got stabbed. And no one helped me, no one believed me.

_____________________ 2. _______________________

The time I was killed because I took the knife from a toddler. One word. Griefer. One word from a kid that just had been born ruined the life of a man that was working since he could grab stuff. Because the kid wanted her knife back. If it was the backpack, I had swapped mine with hers. No, she wanted her knife that granny had given her.

I was called a griefer and was already as good as dead. Only one man wanted to ask me why I took the knife. The others didn't wanted to think about it, they just wanted to kill a griefer that the kid said he was.

______________________ 3. __________________________

Another town let a cursed child live, because one kid said that he was good. Said that he can be trusted. That's what is always said in the beginning until bloddy corpses appear.

To be fair, this kid helped out at the farm. But I got killed by one of the twins soon after so I can't say if he stayed nice or not. One of the twin killed a player pretty much in the middle of the town. And no one did something. I went take a bow and arrow and shot him while his twin was feeding him. When I tried to escape, he stabbed me. No one tried to heal me or go after the guy. They just stood there as I was telling them his name.

There are other lives where people got killed because they were "a griefer". One player got shot because he was "using all of the bowls" but another player who was running around with a cart full with baskets and never letting it go isn't griefing.
Killing children that just got hair because they were "griefing".
Chidlren suiciding in early Eve camps or the last girl demanding to get the backpack or else she would suicide.

I remember the amazing lifes I had. My cursed daughter and my sweet twin sons. Adrian Tree and his friend Harold. My drugged afterlifes. My first successful Eve-Run. The time when I was married to another man and died together of old age. The nice little house north from a big city that some of us had started and continued to build.

Those lifes got rarer and rarer. Why ? Because people who want to RP or have a nice time are called griefers or sponges. Aren't Mothers who just stand still next to each other holding their infant and not helping at the farm sponges too ? Why do people feel the need to stab someone as soon as they hear griefer or curse someone as soon as they are told to do without even thinking about it ?

Yes, some deaths I could have avoided. But I don't like killing without being sure and since I don't kill so often, I am not an expert doing it.

I don't want to attack anybody or bitching about how mean everyone is or that I can't play with all these people around. I love this game and I will continue playing it. I just could really use a good life once in a while. Please, be nice to each other.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-09-07 11:43:22

Roblor

Re: The Lifes I wished I had never lived

I usually ditch town when things get too hot.

Actually I usually live on the outskirts of town most of my lives just cooking a shit-ton omelettes with all the unused swamp resources. That is of coarse unless my presence in said town is not crucial for the lineages immediate survival.

I think I can barely recall some awful lives myself, and I know they are many, but They seem to be buried pretty deep.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2018-09-07 15:52:32

SomeRandomPerson

My worst lives are ones where I get needlessly murdered because of someone's bloodlust or when all my daughters suicide.

One time a griefer took over the town I was in. They called themselves dictator and killed alot of people. He even had a goon helping him.
Him and his goons terrorized the town, They had all weapons and killed for fun.

I tried to shoot them but missed, Ended up starving myself rather then dying to him.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-07 16:10:57)

#4 2018-09-07 17:47:12

pein

about first one, i was peyton

we were triplets, we choose our names
started off all wrong when a chick gearing all her babies and even was rude about swapping something on the kid
i dont take well the threatenings
so i shot her, sis raised my kids, twin girl, while i made the next apron, the first my mom wear was also made by me previous life

i kept that town alive a last life, was a griefer who digged out the pen, killed all sheep, i was getting a cow, making arrows against a bear, people tried to steal bow and arrows, so a few more people got killed by others, or by me, had a nameless girl feed us two on the berry farm, so we trusted each other, i was getting sheep back, the last muflon i seen which was cut by my mother in the triplet life, my first thing was taking back the cow to the pen i made

my sis raised the kids and we were talking on discord, she got shot by her own kid and asked if they got me, my other sis died too but i didnt go yet, cause i liked that town

they told me it was pablo
i seen them with two bows i tought they duelling, but as people went missing and they told that it was you i started chasing you
only afterwards they realized that it was ricardo, you had the same skin and the same clothes, wasnt big age difference either and they were sure on discord it was you until the family tree loaded in

it wasnt many people left by the time, was the little guy who was with you, quit on spot
my daughter who got herself a pack with a knife and first i was going to take but later i seen she is good at smithing and its my daughter
later i seen the knife and she starved running back with a kid

i was alone with a 40+ age guy at that time

my other daughter who collected cactus fruits, i just checked her, she had 10 daughters and 2 sons, and kept none of them and didnt even stay home so others wont suicide or tend for her kids

it was kinda bad town logistics, that room made into the middle, a huge berry farm, and no one cared about the cow
no one built the road up to the new swap so we ran out of water soon
i was still getting some stone for a cistern or well, and made a 3x3 patch of berries there on desert next to pen then died of old age
other guy got back a lot of packs and clothes

sorry for killing you, my sister was sure it was you, and my other sisters worry made me deal with you
piggy left so he couldnt see that was killed by ricardo or diego and didnt post us his link

i had 5 lifes other town town, made 2 aprons, got a pack, made a pack, just to see people gearing their random offsprings, i disconnected 4 times
and at 5 lifes all i had given was a straw hat, thanks for your work kiddo, we gonna gear everybody else so they start killing each other earlier

Last edited by pein (2018-09-07 17:47:31)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-09-07 19:12:07

Falsewall

That road was weird.  The one going north was surrounded by skeltons and the floor stakes wouldn't take flat stones to create a road section. Also lots of wolves.

Last edited by Falsewall (2018-09-07 19:12:47)

#6 2018-09-07 21:36:13

pein

maybe was made long tiem ago and they arent culled properly, have you tried cut out with a sharp stone?

generally the pen was made far south and was hard to carry the berry bowls, but also no water and nothing planted there other than wheat
i already told early we would need a cistern there but then havent had cart or time, and all that drama, still a good place to be an eve if the wells refill

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-09-08 07:34:19

Ilka

Tea, all these people's behavior in the game is griefer's fault. Experienced players say that if someone murdered the entire city, this city deserved it. But I think that we are really being forced by a few idiots to play a completely different game - their game. If there is a griefer in the city, you must leave your job and try to make or find a weapon. Track a griefera who is lying, or run away and hide. As a result, you do not do what you like, you only waste time playing the game of griefera. Another result is that no one believes anyone, because grieferm can be your mother, brother or daughter. I believe that the damage done by griefers is not only killing but destroying the very idea of the game. As a result, everyone is afraid of everyone and suspects everyone, and nobody seems to think that it is normal. This game has adapted to several people. There are really a few of them, because I think the rest of the killers are frustrated players.

#8 2018-09-08 08:58:01

JonySky
Website

I was like your Tea ...
was a person who was for my work, doing mine and helping society or the camp early to advance to the top ... without killing anyone and smiling

but in this way I have had many stories to forget ...
Maybe one of the stories I remember most (unfortunately) ... was that of a serial killer who killed all my people, I was a very young girl who had to flee to the forest for years to save my life and that of my lineage

in my stay in the forest, I had several children, they committed suicide all but one daughter to whom I explained my story

when the years passed I decided to return to the town and it was empty of people, this was when my daughter picked up a hidden knife and stabbed me ... in my last breath she explained to me that she had been the murderer of my town and for that reason she knew exactly where was his knife ... I was left in shock

these experiences teach you to be cautious and if you have to lie ... or you have to kill a baby because it seems suspicious, do not hesitate do it !!! ... or you will have a hard time you and all your people

I prefer to go wrong killing a baby than to see my people disappear along with all their work

#9 2018-09-08 17:54:29

gabrielaisamoron(Me)

My worst life, was a long time ago, when there were really big cities, full of carts with carrots and pies.
I was born in this very big city, but only me, my mom and uncle lived there, my grandma probably said 'no boy' or something, I just remember she despised me, my mom fed me anyways. She gave me full clothes, backpack and even a wolf hat. There were no names at the time, so I wasn't named anything.
I started helping with farming, bringing water with a basket of water sacs, from nearby ponds, I even asked about the seed row for my mother, who did not talk too much, but she certainly cared for me.
Not long after I started gathering carrots and leaving some at the seeding rows, my grandma looked at me and started to call me names, my uncle did the same, calling me brat and other offensive names. After a while of just ignoring them, I angrily cursed back at them. A mistake, because my grandmother immediately took a knife from her backpack and just ran, ran towards me like a mad women. I took a basket of carrots and somehow maneuvered her attempts at killing me, then I followed a road, hoping to find another village.
I might have gone the wrong way, because I spent the rest of my life stopping to get some berries, and walking somewhere I would never reach.
I died alone at age sixty, and it was horrible.
Because I did not make any difference, because no one would care about my existence.

It was worse than being murdered by griefer's you know, not a fulfilling life.

#10 2018-09-08 20:45:26

UnnoticedShadow

(This is my first forum post, so forgive me for any mistakes)  Tea, I was the baby with the crown that said you were a greifer, I'm sorry that I got you killed, but in my defense I was told there were already shady people on the loose.  When you took my knife, I was suspicious of you, and when you did not respond when I asked for it back, I thought for sure you were up to no good.  I am sorry though that I got you killed. 

Also, I ended up being the last girl, but started making the compost again regardless, and the lineage went on.  We did not catch the horse though:(

Board footer