One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 02:50:14

Ribbz

Babies can take your backpack/apron when you are a baby?

A proposed update from this post

I believe this should be removed since we are no longer allowed to dress/swap gear with old people. I mean come on babies can not dress other babies, that's just silly.

For those of you who say "well kids can play house and make believe" I say "old people need help dressing".

jasonrohrer wrote:

This is a weird consequence of being able to dress the old (and young).

If they're already wearing what you're trying to put on them, a swap happens.

I'll think about fixing this when I get back.

On a side note it doesnt matter if they're already wearing what you're trying to put on them, the swap happens either way. So i can trade a tattered backpack for a regular backpack or a sheepskin for any torso clothing.

#2 2018-09-08 03:03:01

pein

Re: Babies can take your backpack/apron when you are a baby?

its a feature not known by everybody
i think it should stay, if someone swaps on you, at least is smart enough to do so
i often get a sheep skin and get an apron or a shirt for it from moving wardrobes called babies

maybe make it a longer process, as a baby you didnt prove anything yet, aprons and packs should even be wearable by kids of age 10-
so i totally understand when somebody older gets mad at full gear babies
my only concerns is weapon swapping from elders, i like to make sure gets in right hands
if swapping would take 3-4 seconds, you could stop it by side stepping and if you are picked up by that time, you even lose your clothing

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-09-08 03:09:33

Ribbz

I'm not saying anyone older than baby should be able to swap gear with other babies.

What I'm saying is a child, who can not pick up anything, should not be able to remove an article of clothing placed on them and swap it with another babies gear.

Older people swapping with babies is believable like that saying "taking candy from a baby". Stealing from old people was believable too because when you get too old you become weak and feeble.

But a baby stealing from another baby via swapping gear is a bit far fetched and should be removed.

#4 2018-09-08 03:57:27

pein

they walkie talkie why no clothing takie?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-09-08 09:20:11

JonySky
Website

I often take off the clothes they give me because of excessive heat, or because I think there are people who deserve it more than me ... there are many new mothers who give backpacks with knives to the babies and the town is left without a knife until the baby can use it ... that is absurd and unproductive ... I see well that the baby can take off his clothes ... this counteracts the unconscious mothers

a real baby can take off the clothes writhing and moving a lot ... but surely you will never be able to dress alone

Last edited by JonySky (2018-09-08 09:20:24)

#6 2018-09-08 12:55:22

Tea

I would love to keep it in game.

It's nice, you can play with it while you wait till your older, you can take it off when you are too hot or give it to someone else who needs it more.

It's nice, doesn't hurt anyone, keep it.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#7 2018-09-08 13:10:25

Anshin

Please bring feeble elders back!
I also propose, first minute/year babies crawl...

Board footer