One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-05 20:30:12

JonySky
Website

Sacrifice to save my family

I was born in a village with most tasks already done ... my mother raised me, dressed me and gave me a backpack .. I even let me choose what kind of hat I wanted to wear ... she named me "Dennis"

My first years I dedicated myself to compost, and to the raising of the sheep

a grandmother before she died she gave me her knife to continue my work with the sheep

I spent a few years raising and killing a lot of sheep and creating more and more compost with the help of my relatives

when we had excess compost (you never have enough) I started to create a small hospital ...

First create pads and needles with thread for the sutures and after creating 2 bowls full of pads, I made a small construction to store and have controlled the medical supplies

When I was about to finish construction, I heard a conversation from afar where someone was threatening someone who was going to kill her

I approached and was a girl with a seal coat that was threatening another for no reason ... anyway not having listened to all the conversation did not know if this person was right or not right and I decided to continue to mine and look from a distance this girl, she was called "Birdie"

When the clinic ended, I saw Birdie doing nothing, turning the city senselessly ... it seemed that I was looking for something, but I was not doing anything

I decided to follow her and review her movements ...
Suddenly she realized that he was watching her, and started to scream that he was chasing her to kill her ... that I was a murderer and wanted to kill her ...

Here I realized that this person was not looking for anything good ...

the people of the town did not pay much attention to her, I never threatened her, did not talk to her, did not even take the knife out of her backpack ... but she knew that I was watching her and that prevented her from doing anything bad.

After a while I saw her trying to forge something, but she gave up (I do not know very well the reason, but I think someone hid the Steel File)

imagine what would be happening to plan B, the bow ...

When I got to this point I knew that I would try to hurt the city and I began to warn people, sisters, brothers, children ... all who could avoid a mass murderer

I was already getting older, and here I realized that I could not fight against her ... I was beginning to have the risk that she would steal my backpack and my knife ...

What I did was give my backpack and my knife to a girl who was building a road: "Zebulon"

I had noticed her since she was a child, and she had been working hard for everyone

I was 56 when Birdie came with his bow trying to kill people ... first he tried with a girl, then with a woman ...

I knew I was going to kill someone, and I was not going to allow it ...

I noticed that in this game people do not realize the real problems of murderers until they see blood ....

I was 56 years old and I could not contribute much more to the city ...

I got in front of Birdie and I stayed still, without moving, so I was an easy target ... I just had to shoot, and of course that's what he did

she was in the middle of the city when she shot me and everyone saw it, that's what I was looking for ... that everyone is aware of what happens when this type of idiots is let loose

When she was relaxed, I told everyone not to worry about me, to kill her and Zebulon, she nailed the knife without mercy ...

The whole city surrounded me and I was fed during my last breath, I saw the idiot die ...
they wanted to cure me but I did not want them to heal an old man of 56 years ... they should not worry about me ... I'm happy to have fulfilled my obligation to sacrifice for mine, for my family, until the end

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1019726

Last edited by JonySky (2018-09-05 20:34:01)

#2 2018-09-05 20:49:50

Lotus

Re: Sacrifice to save my family

Yes, it’s sad that people won’t acknowledge that someone is griefing unless they actually kill or do some other act of griefing. Threats, making a knife, hiding things, Black speech bubble... people don’t acknowledge it unless the person actually does something. Good on you for saving them, although it did cost your life.

edit; autocorrect

Last edited by Lotus (2018-09-05 20:50:15)

#3 2018-09-05 21:30:29

hmrka

She actually came back later as http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1019785 , I didn't kill her because people would again call me "delusional/crazy/nuts" but as soon as she shot someone she was killed. i saw her try to pick up bow when young and make arrows but nobody believed me...

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#4 2018-09-05 22:03:09

JonySky
Website

good job zebulon! I thought we had taken her out of the lineage by killing her, and because she killed too ...

I hope you could cure the other victim, ...
in my case I was very old, it was not necessary to heal me ... I can assure you that I died very happy to see that idiot fall at your feet

thank you very much!

#5 2018-09-05 23:24:28

FloralAngel

Lotus wrote:

Yes, it’s sad that people won’t acknowledge that someone is griefing unless they actually kill or do some other act of griefing. Threats, making a knife, hiding things, Black speech bubble... people don’t acknowledge it unless the person actually does something. Good on you for saving them, although it did cost your life.

edit; autocorrect

Are those the only warning signs that someone is a griefer? People have started handing me knives and telling me to guard them lately, and make sure no one bad gets one, so I figure that I should know some signs that someone is up to no good. So far I've just been asking what they need the knife for and explaining that I'm keeping it safe, and if they ask me to do whatever they were going to do instead of giving them the knife, then I'm more likely to give it to them in the future. But I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way of handling things.

Kind of dumb but trying my best!

If you're named after a Dragon Age character, I'm probably your mom. My sympathies.

#6 2018-09-05 23:52:15

Lotus

Not the only warning signs, a few more, anything suspicious in general could be signs of a potential griefer.

#7 2018-09-06 01:45:50

Jk Howling

FloralAngel wrote:

Are those the only warning signs that someone is a griefer? People have started handing me knives and telling me to guard them lately, and make sure no one bad gets one, so I figure that I should know some signs that someone is up to no good. So far I've just been asking what they need the knife for and explaining that I'm keeping it safe, and if they ask me to do whatever they were going to do instead of giving them the knife, then I'm more likely to give it to them in the future. But I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way of handling things.

The best we can really do is stay vigilant. Keep an eye on your fellow players, and be ready to act if you notice anything suspicious.

Some prevention tips:

-Check if your babies are cursed by making them talk before feeding. If they don't talk, let them starve, or better yet, kill them yourself so an uninformed family member doesn't mistakenly give them pity and raise them. This can help prevent a lot of the griefers who've been around longer, as their black text makes them obvious. A good way to do this is asking them to pick a letter when they're first born. It's also a fun nickname selector.

-Act before they do. See a child acting suspicious? Notice someone taking things out of the village? Find some things behind trees? Warn your family of these occurrences, and if you got a name, to keep an eye out for that person. The more people aware of a potential griefing situation, the easier it is to prevent it, and the less damage they can get off via surprise factor. I've also found that I'm much less prone to being revenge-stabbed mistakenly if I gave the town a name and reason before trying to take action myself.

-If you have multiple weapons, don't "guard" them all yourself. Hand them out to other teenage/adult players who have proven to be trustworthy, and have the means to store them. A town with multiple armed people is harder to take down than a town with one person and a backpack full of knives. It's not hard to find decent people to give them to- just look around camp for any players out of their child years and have been productive around camp. My priority is usually bakers and shepherds, and then older farmers and nursemaids. Be ready to pass on your gear to the next generation before you get too old, and try to swap out empty backpacks for ones with weapons in them if babies are given such.

Some other tips:

-If you have a weapon, fight back. Every player is equal in this game, once they reach of-age to pick up weapons. Most kill-griefers only get away with it because the town is unprepared, nobody has a weapon, or the few that do don't end up taking action [or don't know how to, or get surprised.] You can practice hitting people by sparring with berries- if you successfully feed someone, consider that a stab. The game is basically just clicking, its not rocket science to learn.

-See someone killing and don't have a weapon? If you're a fertile female- don't stick around to be killed! Grab some food, make sure you have a home marker set, and take a vacation from home. Go hang out in the wilds for a bit. Maybe trap some rabbits, gather some iron, etc. Raise your kids and explain that you have a camp, but are avoiding a griefer. If you're a male, I'd suggest taking the time away to make a weapon yourself. Check back at camp a bit later to see if the griefer has been killed or finished their mission.

-Check behind trees whenever you're out of town. I personally often like to do "collection runs" in larger cities, in which I take a cart out and scavenge the outskirts for any tools, weapons, or clothing that might've been abandoned or hidden. Discarded baskets and pie plates are common, but I've also found completely stacked corpses with backpacks full of knives, half-made weapons, a variety of iron tools, fire making tools, snares, you name it.

-Save your curse tokens for those who actually grief. I see people waste them time and time again on innocents, just because "someone told them to" or "everyone else was doing it." If you don't witness the griefing yourself, get both sides of the story before making a decision. The same can be said for feeding/healing a murderer or murder victim. I've seen griefers get healed mistakenly, and get fed after stabbing for no reason, because they spout bullshit and are believed. Knowledge is power, and making a snap decision can get you killed.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-06 01:49:02)

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2018-09-06 02:20:44

pein

unless noobs who tell that someone is a griefer cause stole a clothing by picking up faster than them or kids who had stolen clothing by some older ones, then stab them if they arent the age they couldnt of made themselves

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-09-06 02:48:13

SomeRandomPerson

Lotus wrote:

edit; autocorrect

People just want confirmation  before they act. I saw someone act early on a kid she was suspicious about.

The rest of the town ended up killing her since she murdered first. I thought the lady was right since the kid had a blade and file in his pack, Kid also said "gg" as last words.
But the rest of the town wasn't so observent and only saw a murder.

#10 2018-09-06 04:07:51

Tarr
Banned

FloralAngel wrote:

At the end of the day it's just sort of a sixth sense. As others have said you need to watch out for people acting suspicious. If someone is acting off I normally will alert others of someone giving me bad vibes (generally people who are hard working) to make sure others know what is up. If you aren't using one of the zoom out mods by now I definitely recommend it.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer