One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-31 16:36:19

PeaGirl

What was the most "Brainfart" thing that you ever saw in OHOL?

For me, as dumb as I can sometimes be, I noticed that you could cut shafts and put it in basket and be able to make it into kindling later. I have placed shafts several times in basket in numerous Eve runs, but never ever did I think that it is possible to make kindling of it. The time I saw the technique being used by someone with handsome handcart full of basket with shafts, I cried little inside since I tend to be really perfectionist in Eve runs, and it made my heart ache when I realized how much time I used to waste while tending the camp.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2018-08-31 17:04:18

SomeRandomPerson

Re: What was the most "Brainfart" thing that you ever saw in OHOL?

When I learned you can make another fire without needing to do it from scratch.

Straight shaft plus fire plus kindling equals instant fire.

#3 2018-08-31 17:38:43

VioletLily

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

When I learned you can make another fire without needing to do it from scratch.

Straight shaft plus fire plus kindling equals instant fire.

Same

#4 2018-08-31 19:52:34

Tea

I just learned that you can still sheer a dead sheep. I felt so stupid when I saw it.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#5 2018-08-31 19:54:51

PeaGirl

Tea wrote:

I just learned that you can still sheer a dead sheep. I felt so stupid when I saw it.

I forgot it was also a thing. yikes Perhaps I will remember that when I need to do some sheep caring tasks.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2018-08-31 21:04:08

pein

yeah i generally got like 3-7 curved or short shaft (one for hammer, if there is no curved, can be ok for kindling) then do all tools with 2-3 fires
people on discord were surprised when i told them that you can light up the shaft, wait 3 sec  and use it as a timer on forging, same 30 sec as the fire goes out, even same sound so that 3 sec enough to put adobe on it or puut one more iron inside fast
i use the shafts on eve camp, i light up more of them so i still got time to light forge after fire runs out, its kinda more optimal to make new fire but less annoying to have one ready, this is in between, you can use one more time the forge, its just nice life hack

the rabbit bone trick was nice, filling the pits for sheep pen, its very fast and effective, but nowadays i make a berry bush in the doorway

the teleports were interesting and throwing kids in rooms to get the key, i been featured in honeybunny video from jones/pharo town doing that
well it took me a bit to realize i need to position the pits in front of the empty tile, so i had to use 3 kids until i pulled off, but i was still fertile female so no one died

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-31 22:49:49

PeaGirl

pein wrote:

yeah i generally got like 3-7 curved or short shaft (one for hammer, if there is no curved, can be ok for kindling) then do all tools with 2-3 fires
people on discord were surprised when i told them that you can light up the shaft, wait 3 sec  and use it as a timer on forging, same 30 sec as the fire goes out, even same sound so that 3 sec enough to put adobe on it or puut one more iron inside fast
i use the shafts on eve camp, i light up more of them so i still got time to light forge after fire runs out, its kinda more optimal to make new fire but less annoying to have one ready, this is in between, you can use one more time the forge, its just nice life hack

Yeah I remember reading about that, I was repeating it sometimes, and I can tell it is really handy. Helps getting double coal runs without worrying of needing to relight the fire on camp, especially if your camp is well organized.

#8 2018-08-31 23:57:22

Tarr
Banned

Dumbest thing I've probably done of recent was name myself eve back when returning to a village I just died at. I was excited to see my little family so I said "Im back" and boom accidentally named myself eve back.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2018-09-01 20:16:25

PeaGirl

Tarr wrote:

I was excited to see my little family so I said "Im back" and boom accidentally named myself eve back.

Hahaha, I remember saying "I'm Eve spawn", when I noticed there were two other eve spawn families in that one abandoned city. Ended up being Eve Spawn. Lmao. Next time I prob try to be more careful.

#10 2018-09-02 01:07:26

Lotus

I didn't know pouches could carry salt water until a few minutes ago

#11 2018-09-02 03:45:58

VioletLily

I just had an epiphany that in the absence of a cart, you can take a basket of pie crusts to the mutton, rather than taking the mutton to the pie crusts one by one. I wasted so much time in past lives carrying mutton. Wish I would have realized this sooner. XD

#12 2018-09-02 05:07:01

pein

VioletLily wrote:

I just had an epiphany that in the absence of a cart, you can take a basket of pie crusts to the mutton, rather than taking the mutton to the pie crusts one by one. I wasted so much time in past lives carrying mutton. Wish I would have realized this sooner. XD

2 guys tried to kill me for that thingy, i put the crusts in a cart and they tried to stab me for it, tellig me to get the carts of meat there

i was last female and ended up killing both of them

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2018-09-02 05:20:23

VioletLily

pein wrote:
VioletLily wrote:

2 guys tried to kill me for that thingy, i put the crusts in a cart and they tried to stab me for it, tellig me to get the carts of meat there

i was last female and ended up killing both of them

Seems like a silly reason to stab someone. Since pie crusts can go in baskets but mutton can't, taking a cart of pie crusts in baskets to the mutton is more time efficient, isn't it? You were last female too...

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-02 05:24:57)

#14 2018-09-02 07:28:14

gabal

Some people are really stab-happy...

#15 2018-09-02 09:24:30

tana

i just discovered that you can stack an empty basket on top of one that contains something
and didn't know you could still shear a dead sheep... was it added later ? cause i think at the begining you couldn't

otherwise, everytime i discovered one of those little features previously said
- getting one more adobe with shovel on reed stumps (i already knew about extra soil and clay)
- pie to mutton instead of mutton to pie (got the epiphany also by myself for that one, i felt so clever)

can't remember if i had others, but probably had ^^

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#16 2018-09-02 16:11:15

PeaGirl

tana wrote:

i just discovered that you can stack an empty basket on top of one that contains something
and didn't know you could still shear a dead sheep... was it added later ? cause i think at the begining you couldn't

otherwise, everytime i discovered one of those little features previously said
- getting one more adobe with shovel on reed stumps (i already knew about extra soil and clay)
- pie to mutton instead of mutton to pie (got the epiphany also by myself for that one, i felt so clever)

Those are obviously new things to me. I didn't realize it! yikes The pie crust it was pretty obvious but people still kinda rarely see the reason to get them to the pen, but I like it. Makes it much more efficient for baking progress. Keeps pen really clean too! I also never knew about the extra adobe from reed stumps. I wondered why those never spawn more reeds or dissapear, but that is perhaps reason why.

Board footer