One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-31 11:56:11

Tea

The Yum Bonus

How far did you manage to get your yum bonus ?

I just had a life where I managed to get it to thirteen. Got really pissed because I oversaw the potatoes which could have given me at least two more points !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-08-31 12:05:38

tana

Re: The Yum Bonus

yeah in main server it's a bit tricky to get a high yum bonus, unless it's your goal and you personnaly make all the different foods for you. I usually get around 10-15, i try to ead different stuff all the time, but it's not always possible and can't stop what i'm doing to suddenly start to make tacos or burritos  just to get a higher yum bonus.

But by myself in an empty server, i went 20+, don't remember exactly how much, maybe 24 or so, it's funny cause you can work till you die of old age without having to feed yourself at the end.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#3 2018-08-31 12:39:08

Falsewall

Is a yum bonus +20 just an invisible 20 extra food points in an invisible yum bonus bar?

#4 2018-08-31 13:09:43

Alleria

Falsewall wrote:

Is a yum bonus +20 just an invisible 20 extra food points in an invisible yum bonus bar?

Yes and if that doesn't get you wet, then you just might be a sociopath.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#5 2018-08-31 19:33:49

D3mon1cblack

21 but that was in a controlled envirement playing with other good players (could have been bigger it was before stew i think)
around lets say 15 on the main server

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#6 2018-08-31 19:57:12

PeaGirl

I like the yum bonus, but since when you are ambitious in making village do better, I often forget what food I last ate so I rather often get only 3-4 yum bonuses and it stops there. Highly depends of the situation.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#7 2018-08-31 20:39:49

VioletLily

I've been getting to 7-9 in cities recently. I could probably get more if I put in some effort but I'm usually too busy with compost. Plus, by that time I've forgotten what I ate at first. I would need to write them down if I wanted a high yum bonus.

I kind of want to see how high I can get that bonus now.

#8 2018-08-31 21:07:47

D3mon1cblack

if you keep forgetting what you ate first try and make a sequence of eating like i usually go berrie, berriebowl, popcorn, corn, bread, carrot, pie,  and depending on the situation wild stuff after i go exploring. Ill usually keep in mind what wild stuff i ate and what biomes.  green biome: onion burdock,(berrie in early game) savanna wild carrot and if we didnt have carrot at home domestic if i have a bowl to use at home (putting a wild carrot in a bowl and removing it makes a domestic one) you usually see me near the fire asking babies if they wanna see a magic trick tongue best to do as a old naked holding a carrot guy haha. And so on

and yes i know i didnt add all the food if i did ill still be writing tomorrow

Last edited by D3mon1cblack (2018-08-31 21:08:47)

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#9 2018-08-31 21:11:07

Tea

D3mon1cblack wrote:

... and if we didnt have carrot at home domestic if i have a bowl to use at home (putting a wild carrot in a bowl and removing it makes a domestic one) you usually see me near the fire asking babies if they wanna see a magic trick tongue  ...

I never knew about that thanks for telling me big_smile

Yeah when I am not in an Eve settlement, I don't pay much attention to the yum bonus but in bigger cities I give myself a challenge and try to go as far as possible.

#10 2018-08-31 21:25:11

VioletLily

D3mon1cblack wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of foods in the game? It would be nice to have a checklist. If all else fails, I could make my own but there's no reason to if somebody else has already. I am absolutely determined to get a +20 now.

#11 2018-08-31 21:33:31

Turnipseed

VioletLily wrote:
D3mon1cblack wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of foods in the game? It would be nice to have a checklist. If all else fails, I could make my own but there's no reason to if somebody else has already. I am absolutely determined to get a +20 now.

https://onetech.info/filter/food

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2018-08-31 21:35:41

Turnipseed

So technically 34 is the maximum, but mushrooms are something you have to plan as soon as you grow hair, or they wont show up in time

#13 2018-08-31 21:36:37

VioletLily

Turnipseed wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
D3mon1cblack wrote:

https://onetech.info/filter/food

Thank you so much! I don't know how I failed to notice that.

#14 2018-09-01 00:36:33

Schlorghan

I tend to get 3X without thinking and X11 as my best and only try

I prefer kidnapping to giving birth.

#15 2018-09-01 03:04:32

Monolith_Rans

Please bakers, maximize yum by making a variety of pies! There are 7 kinds of pie: berry pie, rabbit pie, carrot pie, berry carrot pie, berry rabbit pie, carrot rabbit pie, and mutton pie.  Even though mutton pie fills the most hunger, it doesn’t give those extra yum points.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#16 2018-09-01 06:19:10

gabal

I don't know, I think using carrots in a pie is a waste of resources necessary for composting.

#17 2018-09-01 10:03:14

Tea

gabal wrote:

I don't know, I think using carrots in a pie is a waste of resources necessary for composting.

Use a wild carrot and transform it in a domestic one like D3mon1cblack just told ^^

If you want to get your yum bonus up, one carrot pie is enough. Some carrots will always be eaten by some random player passing by so why not use one for a good cause ?

#18 2018-09-01 14:16:54

Turnipseed

Tea wrote:
gabal wrote:

Use a wild carrot and transform it in a domestic one like D3mon1cblack just told ^^

If you want to get your yum bonus up, one carrot pie is enough. Some carrots will always be eaten by some random player passing by so why not use one for a good cause ?

I hide carrot plots behind trees

#19 2018-09-02 15:43:19

pein

plant more for pies only, or put in bowls, newbies less likely will drop carrot out from a bowl to eat it
there is also rabbit-carrot-berry pie, so its 8 types

compost pie is kinda annoying smile
or putting rabbit in the compost so make sure you make on your own not taking from others

so carrot and mutton can be directly put on it
berry
berry carrot
berry rabbit
berry rabbit carrot all needs berry first
rabbit
rabbit carrot needs rabbit in it
total cost: 4 berry bowls, 4 carrot 4 rabbit, 1 mutton , 2 grain 2 water, 8 plates
best to make 4 each to use one sheep
this way uses
12 berry bowl- 4 soil
12 carrot-  3 soil -3 extra
12 rabbit- not always available
6 wheat- 4 soil per 2 bowls tilled
6 water
1 sheep-4 mutton meat - one sheep food
so 1 extra soil for 2 more berry bowls and 1 for sheep
12 soil is just 2 compost, 8 extra basets of soil which is 12 extra tilled rows, which can be milkweed, 3 ropes
32 clay for plates
you get 4 extra straw for 2 baskets or more compost

i could imagine digging pits and placing pies in each row with a note before each row and a note before each note like 'grab a bite and leave it there'

you get extra berry, carrot , bread and cooked mutton maybe
thats already 12 yum

in public server few extra carrot pies and mutton pies for age restricted food
also a few more plates as it gets lost with time, thats already 3 carts of clay

a grave room could be even better s people eat and place it back on grave and you can take from inside, 8 marked graves on a line
pie buffet station big_smile

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer