One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-27 23:42:34

addme2day

People can take your backpack when your old?

So I became old in the game and had a knife in my backpack. Some random person walk up to me and switch my backpack with his. Is this a bug because the person that switch my backpack end up killing everyone?

#2 2018-08-28 01:25:46

Ribbz

Re: People can take your backpack when your old?

Not a bug mate, think of how when folk get old how they need help dressing themself and such. If anything it's an incentive to find someone you deem worthy to pass belongings to.

#3 2018-08-28 02:47:06

addme2day

Well it the griffer that auto swap your backpack when your old and you didn't have the chance to give the backpack to someone you trust.

Last edited by addme2day (2018-08-28 02:47:27)

#4 2018-08-28 03:03:27

jasonrohrer
Administrator

This is a weird consequence of being able to dress the old (and young).

If they're already wearing what you're trying to put on them, a swap happens.

I'll think about fixing this when I get back.

#5 2018-08-28 05:00:36

Anshin

jasonrohrer wrote:

This is a weird consequence of being able to dress the old (and young).

If they're already wearing what you're trying to put on them, a swap happens.

I'll think about fixing this when I get back.

It's a feature, please don't change it!
The very young and the very old are vulnerable and the realism is what makes the game so great. If you want to give your baby your stuff you better pick them up and keep them safe so someone doesn't take it, like candy from a baby. Also the very old having to choose their heirs and pass on their belongings is a good thing. Yes don't let yourself get advantage of. If you're an elder with knives and you're raisin old you better be passing that stuff along before senility gets you and you die of forgetting to eat... don't leave those knives to be picked off your bones!

#6 2018-08-28 05:06:21

FryinggPan

Jason, if you change this i will cry. As one of your investors, I really advise against this. Anshin is totally right.

|Eve Otter| |Eve Black| |Eve Murders|

#7 2018-08-28 09:36:26

willfrank84

This should remain. It is both hilarious and accurate that old people are feeble and can be undressed and dressed by force. Although I suppose it is another tool in the griefer arsenal.  I may be biased. I love stealing backpacks and crowns off old people.

Last edited by willfrank84 (2018-08-28 09:53:21)

#8 2018-08-28 23:03:49

pein

i hate people giving away things they didnt make
and its generally 90% of the case
if no one gives me stuff and im scavenging sheep skin, decayed stuff, i always swap on babies, thats perfectly fine, ads a bit of skill, i dont think its so bad thing, ive been killed for it and people tried to kill me cause others told me so, taking a hat from a kid, now seriously bugs me, why is theirs if cant even defend it and why others try to kill me, not the person who i stole from? isnt that big of a deal

same for elders, if soemone takes it , at least is smart enough to do so, so you shouldnt rant about it, you got to give to someone in last 5 min

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer