One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-27 00:27:15

Neo

Has a public town ever lived longer then 24 hours.

Ik that gen runs lasted several days but that was specifically coordinated in voice chat with a small group.

They all inevitably die off for various reasons, Usually to excessive murders or no fertile women.

I guess it dosnt matter because Eves just repopulate your town after Joriom destroys it.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-27 00:41:48)

#2 2018-08-27 01:26:23

Roblor

Re: Has a public town ever lived longer then 24 hours.

I don't like that only the towns located within the eve spawn algorithm are the only ones that are allowed to develop.
It doesn't feel like they've earned it. Monument drafts are an other thing though. That would actually be a really amazing feat if only it ever happened out side of the eve-spawn sweetspots.

Now if a town is to live past it's current life-expectancy I actually think that the PvP needs to be improved.
How do you kill a knife wielding heat-runner that never needs to stop?
I like to run around with the heat bonus myself, but a potential serial killer becomes virtually untargetable (for all I know, god knows I tried) for up to 10 minutes if I'm not mistaken. Should we start adopting strategies of bating them out with a seemingly unaccompanied player and try to kill him when he got the murder-penalty? (or she but whatever)
Our in-game communication tools are hardly sufficient enough for plotting complex strategies like that. I'm barely able to get any words out while at the same time trying to read what the people around me are saying.

To my understanding the life-expectancy of a family or town goes as far as the increasing risk of a veteran serial-killer spawning into the area. (Other factors also currently include the only boys or no babies at all scenario and other bad luck or just plain failure to play competently situations)

And also; no. There is no even remotely viable way of "detecting the signs" of a baby sociopath within the span of 10 minutes. They are not npcs. They are not stupid. (except for maybe socially stupid as real sociopaths never can do anything other than pretend to be successful in that specific area)

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2018-08-27 23:05:35

pein

Re: Has a public town ever lived longer then 24 hours.

around 55-60 gens which is 19-20 hours?
surprisingly mines in proximity are more important than water, people still survive a few generations on cacti, but without iron seems they get griefed  or people lose interest

generally with a 2-3 hour break some cities serve one more family for 20 gen
where odd hours, low server population, careless females or griefers end them

sometimes outpost extend lifetime for 10 or so generations
but most often than not lag is heavy, trees are cut, and generally just looks bad

few weeks ago two or three families lived in a city and nobody used the stone rooms for anything in the end

and this week 'homos' town had two families of 20-25 gen before die out

i guess some last 5-6x 30 gen and update wipes most stuff, and the map is partially regenerated so its not the same city by any means

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer