One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-27 04:27:43

willfrank84

All that was left after I griefed a large old family

https://youtu.be/fZKaZVGp8nQ

Btw, I firmly support changes to the game to make it much more difficult for families to be killed off by a single griefer. Possible changes I would like to see:

1. Lowering curse limit where it shows you are cursed to 6, or lengthening the hours you remain with curse tokens. I've killed many families this week and remain uncursed.

2. Requiring three people in a town to curse someone before they are murderable. If they are evil, more than one person should be able to agree to that. I also believe anyone who murders the cursed player should be murderable for the next 5 mintues just in case twin/triplet/quad griefers work together to curse players.

3. Lengthening bleedout timers. All too often there isn't time to heal wounds.

4. Allowing the murder of murderers in slowdown period with something other than knives/bows, maybe tools like shovel, axe, etc.... Only murderers and only during murder slowdown.

My main point is it's VERY VERY easy to enter a family with 3-8 players and kill off enough people the town dies. Jason thinks this is controlable by organized communities but this isn't what I see. Perhaps jason intends interperson murder and strife to be a game mechanic, but I think most towns killed off by griefers feel quite disheartened at the loss of their work.

Last edited by willfrank84 (2018-08-27 04:37:15)

#2 2018-08-27 04:37:34

startafight

Re: All that was left after I griefed a large old family

:ok_hand:

#3 2018-08-27 04:51:55

Anshin

Yes.

#4 2018-08-27 16:50:52

Trick

Oh look... a griefer who actually thinks that griefing is too easy.

Perhaps it's actually a real problem, then?

#5 2018-08-27 17:42:01

PeaGirl

I think you have a point. Since people have very limited of sight, especially on retail version, and you need to rely on other people's speech or doings (murder in broad daylight? Oh wait it's day all the time!) Having 10 curses reached on your back requires you to murder at least 2-4 towns before you reach the goal and you run about with black bubble. The curse system is still rather lax, and let's griefers do pretty much anything they want for one time, and then move on doing normal shit with others. It's easy to blend in if you have successful killing run where people have cursed you less than 10 times. But then again generations generally almost never last long. People often forget that what is important, is the material fortune you leave behind for any of the coming eves that stood the long age in there. Griefers aren't all bad, they just do it differently. (Of course I won't back down in killing cursed one. They obviously were not careful of curses and should be butthumped with knives. smile )

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2018-08-27 18:01:51

Dodge

Sounds boring tbh, but i agree that a griefer can too easily kill off a village, imo a good solution would be to allow a wool pad in the apron or at least  the medical apron (wool pad always get easily trashed on the ground by griefers), town would only need 2-3 medics and it would make it  a lot harder for griefers to kill an entire lineage.

#7 2018-08-27 22:28:03

pein

no more nerfs to killing , the retaliation is too easy and 90% is not for the intended purpose

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer