One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-27 01:31:39

LaughAtlantis

Re: Murder by unknown weapon

Yeah.  I've been taken out by this three times now.  It's annoying AF.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#27 2018-08-27 03:27:01

MissE
New User

Joriom wrote:
PeaGirl wrote:
Joriom wrote:

Should get pinned so more people can have fun.

..... EXPLAIN!

Killing is fun.

Well I guess if you want people leaving in droves, then yes, killing is fun.  Although I note that killing in this game is just plain lame as it is not pvp, it is just griefing for the sake of it. 

Very easy to run up and stab someone when there is bugger all they can do about it.  Just shows how immature people are who get off on this.  They should go play a game where the victim has the opportunity to actually fight back, but then again, they don't have the maturity level for that.

Suprised with a comment like that, that you are a moderator here.

#28 2018-08-27 03:43:46

truedemon

MissE wrote:

Yes well I started this game about a month and a half ago, and now after being murdered by this today, and having been previously murdered by regular knifes, bows/arrow am going to give it a miss, and not recommend it to any of my friends.  I am a LONG time gamer, (been gaming over 20 yrs online) and was giving this a test  due to it's original content etc, however, because griefers can one hit kill you, irrespective of the weapon, I am gonna leave.  I just don't see the point in devoting time into a game where you have 0 redress and only seconds to get cured assuming there is a medic around.

A waste of my time. 

The thing is it is obviously children with nothing better to do with their time other than grief other players.  The game mechanics allow it, so there is nothing  you can do. 

The lame ass 'curse so and so' is fine if you are old enough to talk, but the last two times I was murdered I couldn't 'curse' the person as their name was too long for me to speak. 

Curse should be a word able to be spoken by toons of any age, and you should be able to just 'curse' and click on the person involved so long names are not an issue.

Anyways, is a great original concept but due to the ablity for little snot noses to just run through a village griefing multiple players minding their own business just because they can it is as I said not worth the time and effort. 

No other game I have played allows pk'ers one hit to destroy another players fun.  It is not like it is pvp where there is any actual fighting.  It is just a griefers game.

Laterz.

Edit:  Frankly I do not see a need at ALL for any player in this game to have the ability to kill another player.  What is the purpose of it other than to grief? 

I don't see one.

My girlfriend and I are at this point as well. I just got killed by this method as well, and that was it for me. Honestly, we got this game because it seemed like a wholesome sandbox game to just live out a cooperative existence with other players and enjoy watching civilization grow. We originally enjoyed playing Don't Starve for many of the same reasons. But now that the griefing has gotten so bad (We've both been killed 7 times in a row mid-life tonight), there just isn't any desire to play any more. I frankly don't see any point in allowing other players to kill each other, since we tend to step on each others dicks all the time regardless, but that is just part of the chaos of living one lifetime in one hour. The game was tons of fun before the griefing started or anyone knew how to kill each other. It didn't make things interesting, it just took away from it. In the end, all it does is ruin someone's good time they spent contributing to the town/village they were in. Wasn't that the point anyway?

We've decided to just give up on playing this game altogether, which is really disappointing because it was so good. If Jason comes back to read this thread, he should know that nobody but children enjoy running through the servers murdering everyone in sight. If he insists on people being able to kill each other, there needs to at least be permanent consequences to rampant griefing, up to and including outright revocation of a player's license code. Say after 100 curses in under 30 days or something like that. There wouldn't be a need for it if there wasn't the possibility to kill other players, but this has just gotten absurd. The game was meant to be about developing a civilization over several lifetimes, but nobody can do that any more because it only takes one brat with a god-complex to wipe out an entire city because they think it's hilarious.

Sorry, but we're done. sad

Last edited by truedemon (2018-08-27 03:45:36)

#29 2018-08-27 04:58:14

MissE
New User

truedemon wrote:
MissE wrote:

Yes well I started this game about a month and a half ago, and now after being murdered by this today, and having been previously murdered by regular knifes, bows/arrow am going to give it a miss, and not recommend it to any of my friends.  I am a LONG time gamer, (been gaming over 20 yrs online) and was giving this a test  due to it's original content etc, however, because griefers can one hit kill you, irrespective of the weapon, I am gonna leave.  I just don't see the point in devoting time into a game where you have 0 redress and only seconds to get cured assuming there is a medic around.

A waste of my time. 

The thing is it is obviously children with nothing better to do with their time other than grief other players.  The game mechanics allow it, so there is nothing  you can do. 

The lame ass 'curse so and so' is fine if you are old enough to talk, but the last two times I was murdered I couldn't 'curse' the person as their name was too long for me to speak. 

Curse should be a word able to be spoken by toons of any age, and you should be able to just 'curse' and click on the person involved so long names are not an issue.

Anyways, is a great original concept but due to the ablity for little snot noses to just run through a village griefing multiple players minding their own business just because they can it is as I said not worth the time and effort. 

No other game I have played allows pk'ers one hit to destroy another players fun.  It is not like it is pvp where there is any actual fighting.  It is just a griefers game.

Laterz.

Edit:  Frankly I do not see a need at ALL for any player in this game to have the ability to kill another player.  What is the purpose of it other than to grief? 

I don't see one.

My girlfriend and I are at this point as well. I just got killed by this method as well, and that was it for me. Honestly, we got this game because it seemed like a wholesome sandbox game to just live out a cooperative existence with other players and enjoy watching civilization grow. We originally enjoyed playing Don't Starve for many of the same reasons. But now that the griefing has gotten so bad (We've both been killed 7 times in a row mid-life tonight), there just isn't any desire to play any more. I frankly don't see any point in allowing other players to kill each other, since we tend to step on each others dicks all the time regardless, but that is just part of the chaos of living one lifetime in one hour. The game was tons of fun before the griefing started or anyone knew how to kill each other. It didn't make things interesting, it just took away from it. In the end, all it does is ruin someone's good time they spent contributing to the town/village they were in. Wasn't that the point anyway?

We've decided to just give up on playing this game altogether, which is really disappointing because it was so good. If Jason comes back to read this thread, he should know that nobody but children enjoy running through the servers murdering everyone in sight. If he insists on people being able to kill each other, there needs to at least be permanent consequences to rampant griefing, up to and including outright revocation of a player's license code. Say after 100 curses in under 30 days or something like that. There wouldn't be a need for it if there wasn't the possibility to kill other players, but this has just gotten absurd. The game was meant to be about developing a civilization over several lifetimes, but nobody can do that any more because it only takes one brat with a god-complex to wipe out an entire city because they think it's hilarious.

Sorry, but we're done. sad

The problem with that lame curse system is if you are killed before you have enough letters to speak curse xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx you are shit out of luck. I have been murdered this past week about 4 times where I couldn't type in the required name due to being under 15 yrs old.   Also if the person runs off real quick before  you can get their name, or their name is some weird spelt thing that you cant spell you are also out of luck. 

It is funny, as I said in my original post, I am a long long time gamer, with heaps gaming friends who might of been interested in this game for something to do when we aren't running raids in wow or doing stuff in other games, eve, ultima etc.  But having spent my $30 aud to play I am not gonna recommend any of my friends/gamers come here.  It is just grief city.  Doesn't need to be, there is ZERO reason for anyone to be able to kill someone in this game.  It it not like it is fair player v player combat, it is as I said just pure griefing.

Sad, could of been an interesting game to follow with civilization progress. Not as it stands atm.

#30 2018-08-27 05:12:02

Anshin

How are all of you dying so easily? I can understand one surprise death, but after that move away! Like, leave the scene of the crime! The number of times I see everyone rushing TOWARDS the action and then practically lining up to be murdered next is astonishing. The only times I approach an injured person is to sew them up. Then I get out of the kill radius ASAP. I do my best to figure out who the killer is, and then avoid them.

#31 2018-08-27 07:31:44

JonySky
Website

I've been away for a few weeks on vacation, but reading this forum, I've noticed the commotion that has been generated with the griefers, the new weapons of destruction (arrows with notes) and serial killers ...

For my part I wanted to check the data first hand to see if they have increased the figures of the murders and ... I noticed that everything remains the same

I have collected the data of a session of yesterday 2018_08August_26_Sunday (SERVER 1) and although there are fewer registered plays, I compared it with the graph I presented a few days ago ...

If you look carefully and you have in mind that in the session that I collected yesterday there are fewer registered moves, you will see that we practically have the same situation as a few weeks ago

there are more tools to kill, if correct, but the murderers are the same as weeks ago

2018_08August_12_Sunday - SERVER1
2018-08-13_12_09_40-_Microsoft_Excel_-_Nuevo_Hoja_de_c_lculo_de_M.png

2018_08August_26_Sunday - SERVER1
GRAFICO1.jpg

#32 2018-08-27 07:46:49

Jk Howling

Anshin wrote:

How are all of you dying so easily? I can understand one surprise death, but after that move away! Like, leave the scene of the crime! The number of times I see everyone rushing TOWARDS the action and then practically lining up to be murdered next is astonishing. The only times I approach an injured person is to sew them up. Then I get out of the kill radius ASAP. I do my best to figure out who the killer is, and then avoid them.

This, pretty much. Yes, they have a new overpowered killing toy. Yes, life sucks when you have people running around stabbing everyone with little to no consequence. But no mid-to-late game village should be that vulnerable to being wiped out by a single person, even with this fancy new weapon. All players in this game are on an equal playing field once they reach the age to pick up weapons. If your entire village dies to one person, then honestly you were kinda asking for it.

Here's a few tips, plain and simple.

-If you have a weapon, fight back. Every player is equal in this game, once they reach of-age to pick up weapons. Most griefers get away with what they do solely because either nobody has a weapon, or the few that do don't end up taking action [or don't know how to.] You can practice hitting people by sparring with berries- if you successfully feed someone, consider that a stab. The game is basically just clicking, its not rocket science to learn.

-See someone killing and don't have a weapon? If you're a fertile female- get out of there! Grab some food, make sure you have a home marker set, and book it. Go hang out in the wilds for a bit. Maybe trap some rabbits, gather some iron, etc. Raise your kids and explain that you have a camp, but are avoiding a griefer. If you're a male, I'd suggest taking the time away to make a weapon yourself.

-Check if your babies are cursed by making them talk before feeding. If they don't talk, let them starve, or better yet, kill them yourself so an uninformed family member doesn't mistakenly give them pity and raise them. This can help prevent a lot of the griefers who've been around longer, as their black text makes them obvious.

-Act before they do. See a child acting suspicious? Notice someone taking things out of the village? Find some things behind trees? Take down the person and explain why they were killed. If they were innocent, they'll be reborn and have learned a lesson- little harm done. If they weren't, you just saved your town.

-Followup: Check behind trees whenever you're out of town. I personally often like to do "collection runs" in larger cities, in which I take a cart out and scavenge the outskirts for any tools, weapons, or clothing that might've been abandoned or hidden. Discarded baskets and pie plates are common, but I've also found completely stacked corpses with backpacks full of knives, half-made weapons, a variety of iron tools, fire making tools, snares, you name it.

-Save your curse tokens for those who actually grief. I see people waste them time and time again on innocents, just because "someone told them to" or "everyone else was doing it." If you don't witness the griefing yourself, make sure you know the full story before making a decision. Knowledge is power.

-Has ascended to better games-

#33 2018-08-27 13:00:18

Falsewall

Oh God why you post.  Jason's still on vacation.  It is too early to reveal this.

#34 2018-08-27 13:27:33

Tarr
Banned

As I said earlier this was already known before posted on the main forums.  Just some friendly reminders:

-If you get poked by an arrow note you can still do the normal things an uninjured person can do. This means you can attempt to attack your killer as long as you are armed.

-For an arrow note to become stabby it must kill someone or be a missed shot. If someone is chasing you with a bow and arrow make sure you run around cluttered areas as arrows are deleted if there is no room for them on the ground.

-People can be healed if you are able to apply a wound on someone. You're likely just going to die should you get poked but having someone stab you will leave a real wound which can be padded then sewn shut.

-If you aren't using the zoom out mod by now you probably should. The extra vision is just way too helpful not to use.

-Remember right clicking someones tile aka: dropping your knife on a tile a person is standing on is the same as right clicking their body. If you're bad at clicking bodies just try to drop the knife on them.

Someone tried to get me with a arrow note earlier and I just stabbed them after they got their arrow deleted. At the end of the day you gotta take some sort of measures to deal with trolls yourself.

fug it’s Tarr.

#35 2018-08-27 14:40:20

LaughAtlantis

Tarr wrote:

-If you get poked by an arrow note you can still do the normal things an uninjured person can do. This means you can attempt to attack your killer as long as you are armed.

FYI: my experience is that at least one griefer has found a way around this, so you don't even have time to curse.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#36 2018-08-27 14:45:38

LaughAtlantis

JonySky wrote:

If you look carefully and you have in mind that in the session that I collected yesterday there are fewer registered moves, you will see that we practically have the same situation as a few weeks ago

there are more tools to kill, if correct, but the murderers are the same as weeks ago

https://s33.postimg.cc/pyvj8p8xr/2018-0 … o_de_M.png

https://s8.postimg.cc/3nlq74uth/GRAFICO1.jpg

Yep.  To be clear: JonySky has pulled data from 8/12, the date of the butter knife murder bug. It's not like this *every day.* But people are lying in wait to be giant assholes.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#37 2018-08-27 19:41:32

Ribbz

JonySky wrote:

I've been away for a few weeks on vacation, but reading this forum, I've noticed the commotion that has been generated with the griefers, the new weapons of destruction (arrows with notes) and serial killers ...

For my part I wanted to check the data first hand to see if they have increased the figures of the murders and ... I noticed that everything remains the same

I have collected the data of a session of yesterday 2018_08August_26_Sunday (SERVER 1) and although there are fewer registered plays, I compared it with the graph I presented a few days ago ...

https://s33.postimg.cc/pyvj8p8xr/2018-0 … o_de_M.png

https://s8.postimg.cc/3nlq74uth/GRAFICO1.jpg

Jony I think there is a problem with your calculations, I'm showing a total of 270 murders for 8/26/2018 utc.

Wait you said you pulled the data yesterday right? If so then that is not a complete days worth of data. For example the publiclog currently has 8/27/2018 available but that only includes 1/3 of the day.

I want to point out that Mirelli brought this issue up Saturday and I'm assuming folks either looked at the post sometime or heard about it via discord or through the game and decided to try it out Sunday due to the spike in murder. Sunday accounts for 46.71% of all murders in the past six days.

Murder has def increased with the bug becoming public knowledge.

https://imgur.com/a/2WKMlEB

Last edited by Ribbz (2018-08-27 19:57:11)

Board footer