One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-25 22:01:06

Mirelli

Murder by unknown weapon

So, I was playing a life yesterday where someone tried to shoot another person with a bow and arrow with note attached, but they missed. Then the arrow was picked up with note still attached, and they were able to stab someone with it. The game reacts as if they were injured, with red text and red hunger bar, but there's no blood or wound on the person. In one case, the wound turned into a potato sprout and when they died, there was a potato sprout on the ground.

29R8a9y.jpg

I had someone stab me with it to test it, and they were not able to heal me. Hot knife didn't work, neither did pads and thread. Another thing to note is that lineage counts it as murder, yet when they die in game, there's no bloody corpse. And there's no murder cooldown, so someone could just go around stabbing everyone with the arrow with no consequences..

k4ciHk8.jpg

So be careful around arrows with notes!!

Last edited by Mirelli (2018-08-25 22:01:54)

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#2 2018-08-25 22:16:58

Superfun2
Banned

Re: Murder by unknown weapon

DELETE THIS FAST BEFORE GRIFERS START SOING IT

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#3 2018-08-25 22:20:18

Tarr
Banned

It's important for stuff like this to be out there otherwise it's going to the butter knife situation all over again. If you see someone making an arrow note they're 100% valid and should be killed on sight.

Hell make and hide your own arrow note and be prepared for the coming shit storm. Thank you for putting this out there so we can know what to look out for.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2018-08-25 23:13:58

Mirelli

Tested again and the arrow note by itself is ranged as well... butter knife murder 2.0 but even more deadly.

Last edited by Mirelli (2018-08-25 23:14:11)

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#5 2018-08-25 23:28:28

I am Pharo

Yeah, I think we should delete this and PM Jason this news to in the meantime.

#6 2018-08-25 23:28:39

Tarr
Banned

Yeah that was an itty bit jarring to just stab you from three tiles away. Seems the arrow is tied to the bows actual range as any attempts to off screen snipe someone just led to me running towards them.

This patch confirmed for butter knife 2.0 electric boogaloo.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-08-26 00:01:52

helloworld

thanks for the info. Good luck in hell! ^ ^

#8 2018-08-26 00:49:27

sanchez

Uh i smell sh storm on the horizon cuz there will be no fix for this till at least next week. reeeeee

#9 2018-08-26 01:41:44

startafight

hmm this is interesting. see you in september folks

#10 2018-08-26 01:42:02

Neo

This is why Jason needs play testers. This is the second time we got the ultimate griefing tool added to the game.

#11 2018-08-26 01:54:20

Lotus

Whelp, see you in a week.

#12 2018-08-26 03:16:28

Neo

Nice job dumbass. Now all the griefer kids know about this. So this random Eve just killed our line with this
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=952445

Why'd all your idiots have to document all this on a public forum, What the fuck where you thinking. I know you didn't have intentions but this was a pretty stupid move on your part.

Maybe if you'd kept this quiet instead of posting it everywhere less griefers would have known about it. But no they have an exact guide to how to effortlessly kill a town in a few short steps. So now the games basically unplayable so thanks.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-26 03:26:47)

#13 2018-08-26 03:28:09

Mirelli

Lmao dude get out of here. I posted this so people are aware of a dangerous bug that could get them killed. If you choose to stand near someone with this weapon, that’s on you. Make your own arrow note and fight back, tell people in game to be vigilant, or you can just insult the person who tried to warn you about it.

#14 2018-08-26 03:54:57

Tarr
Banned

Known serial griefer griefs. More news at 11.

This information was already spread before the original post went out. Yes, even more people know about the bug but you should be aware of the issue just like when the butter knife stabbings were happening.

Just through a blue wool cap on some pleb and give him a note arrow and assign him to stab anyone who makes a bow/arrow/arrow+note.

I'm pretty sure you can still act until you die so arm yourself and if you get arrow stabbed walk over and stab the person. Does it suck that someone can quick murder villages AGAIN? Yeah of course. But it's a two way street. You gotta be prepared for someone to do these things when an exploit is found.

Last edited by Tarr (2018-08-26 03:55:37)

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2018-08-26 04:01:10

Neo

Yep, As predicted here comes the salt instead of just admitting you made a mistake. I love the Internet lol.

Well thanks for warning me, That helps so much.
I'm sure your all going to post some replies flaming me back and calling me stupid bla bla.

No need for me to waste anymore time in this thread. I'll stop before the mods get upset.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-26 04:06:32)

#16 2018-08-26 04:12:33

Tarr
Banned

I have no idea what you mean about any salt on my end. You let a known griefer eve into your home and failed to stop her. Did no one have weapons what so ever in your line? Did everyone just see someone with an arrow note and stand around?

The arrow note can't be stored and has a range of three. It's pretty obvious when someone is running around with one or trying to make one. Trolls gonna troll, what can you do?

fug it’s Tarr.

#17 2018-08-26 05:21:43

FryinggPan

Tried, and works. sorry about killing yall.

|Eve Otter| |Eve Black| |Eve Murders|

#18 2018-08-26 06:34:06

MissE
New User

Yes well I started this game about a month and a half ago, and now after being murdered by this today, and having been previously murdered by regular knifes, bows/arrow am going to give it a miss, and not recommend it to any of my friends.  I am a LONG time gamer, (been gaming over 20 yrs online) and was giving this a test  due to it's original content etc, however, because griefers can one hit kill you, irrespective of the weapon, I am gonna leave.  I just don't see the point in devoting time into a game where you have 0 redress and only seconds to get cured assuming there is a medic around.

A waste of my time. 

The thing is it is obviously children with nothing better to do with their time other than grief other players.  The game mechanics allow it, so there is nothing  you can do. 

The lame ass 'curse so and so' is fine if you are old enough to talk, but the last two times I was murdered I couldn't 'curse' the person as their name was too long for me to speak. 

Curse should be a word able to be spoken by toons of any age, and you should be able to just 'curse' and click on the person involved so long names are not an issue.

Anyways, is a great original concept but due to the ablity for little snot noses to just run through a village griefing multiple players minding their own business just because they can it is as I said not worth the time and effort. 

No other game I have played allows pk'ers one hit to destroy another players fun.  It is not like it is pvp where there is any actual fighting.  It is just a griefers game.

Laterz.

Edit:  Frankly I do not see a need at ALL for any player in this game to have the ability to kill another player.  What is the purpose of it other than to grief? 

I don't see one.

Last edited by MissE (2018-08-26 06:41:22)

#19 2018-08-26 06:58:06

The_Llamacorn

This is why you don't update something and don't properly check for bugs and then go away for like a week. I would rather not have an update at all but be able to play the game without getting griefed. Tbh I'm a little disappointed in Jason for missing this huge bug...

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#20 2018-08-26 10:42:55

Joriom
Website

Should get pinned so more people can have fun.

#21 2018-08-26 21:54:57

hmrka

MissE wrote:

Yes well I started this game about a month and a half ago, and now after being murdered by this today, and having been previously murdered by regular knifes, bows/arrow am going to give it a miss, and not recommend it to any of my friends.  I am a LONG time gamer, (been gaming over 20 yrs online) and was giving this a test  due to it's original content etc, however, because griefers can one hit kill you, irrespective of the weapon, I am gonna leave.  I just don't see the point in devoting time into a game where you have 0 redress and only seconds to get cured assuming there is a medic around.

A waste of my time. 

The thing is it is obviously children with nothing better to do with their time other than grief other players.  The game mechanics allow it, so there is nothing  you can do. 

The lame ass 'curse so and so' is fine if you are old enough to talk, but the last two times I was murdered I couldn't 'curse' the person as their name was too long for me to speak. 

Curse should be a word able to be spoken by toons of any age, and you should be able to just 'curse' and click on the person involved so long names are not an issue.

Anyways, is a great original concept but due to the ablity for little snot noses to just run through a village griefing multiple players minding their own business just because they can it is as I said not worth the time and effort. 

No other game I have played allows pk'ers one hit to destroy another players fun.  It is not like it is pvp where there is any actual fighting.  It is just a griefers game.

Laterz.

Edit:  Frankly I do not see a need at ALL for any player in this game to have the ability to kill another player.  What is the purpose of it other than to grief? 

I don't see one.

Yes!!! I liked the game at first but now there are too many retards "just having fun" (killing whole villages)

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#22 2018-08-26 22:16:08

PeaGirl

Joriom wrote:

..... EXPLAIN!

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#23 2018-08-26 22:30:53

Amber

everyone in our town just got stabbed sad

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=960245

he was my nameless third cousin

#24 2018-08-26 23:49:03

Joseph Stalin

my entire village died this way. is sad.

#25 2018-08-26 23:50:41

Joriom
Website

PeaGirl wrote:
Joriom wrote:

..... EXPLAIN!

Killing is fun.

Board footer