One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-24 12:30:52

Solbusaur

Don't lock the useful rooms!

If you have locks, I think they should only ever be used to lock away weapons. And not even all the weapons, as over many generations the key will be lost easily, even the copies, and so the weapons will be locked away forever.
I spent half my life stocking a hospital and making sure it had everything we needed. Someone thought it would be better if we locked it up so griefers couldn't ruin the supplies. If you think about it, that does more harm than good. There is only one key (Unless it is copied) carried by a select few people. If the key is lost or in the hands of a mischief, it is more resource intensive to find the right key type or make another key than to just sterilise the pads again. You'd be doing the griefers a favour.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-08-24 16:38:04

pein

Re: Don't lock the useful rooms!

hide the pads in every corner, place needles in some places

good to lock up: sheep food, rope, extra fire tools, bellows, hoe, shovel, carrot seed in basket, so if city dies out people can find key and start to compost
selfish but ok: horse, cart, furs for pack, weapon, extra file

you can lock weapons with simple a key, if someone can make a key it wont stop to open it, just useless hassle

weapons on the open suck, but no weapons suck too

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-08-24 17:03:06

WomanWizard

If the hospital's big enough, maybe put a small locked room within it. Like a little closet for backup pads and a needle and thread.

But yeah, don't lock the main source of healing for your town. What if the person carrying the key is the one stabbed? What if someone needs help but the key holder isn't around? And the obvious, what if the key gets lost over time?

#4 2018-08-24 23:55:20

startafight

i subscribe to pein tactics n hide pads behind random stuff

#5 2018-08-25 02:38:39

Turnipseed

startafight wrote:

Yes.. first thing any experienced player dose is check behind pillars

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#6 2018-08-25 07:14:01

carbon

Turnipseed wrote:
startafight wrote:

Yes.. first thing any experienced player dose is check behind pillars

GG now everyone checks pillars.

Board footer