One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#151 2018-08-24 02:58:46

hihibanana

Re: Having Fun and Messing Around is NOT Griefing

Doctor Steve wrote:

Yeah I know I was there. If I remember correctly, someone told me that the village was full of griefers. Then there were suddenly a bunch of complete walnuts standing around doing "-----" etc., and they died, and suddenly no more griefers. Weird....

I really doubt the person was saying there were griefers because there were actual griefers. People tend to vent their frustrations on other people. From what I saw, there weren't any griefers at all (aside from a murderer and a babykiller). We were all old age, having contributed a lot to the society as a whole. We taught eachother how to use the paper system, made more plates/bowls to help the bakery, helped the farm through a famine, tried to sort out a murder, among other things. If anything, we were the reason why any griefing there stopped.

Uncle Gus wrote:

hihibanana, I think you should keep your comments about other members' mental wellbeing to yourself as well.

I didn't think my comments were hurting anybody. I'll try to be more careful about sharing my insight.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-24 03:04:37)

#152 2018-08-24 03:35:44

Ribbz

@hihibanana, cause I'm on my mobile and dont want to edit the quotes lol.

I've got no rebuttals on the streamer portion since I lack the knowledge to form any educated guesses or opinions.

Force feeders have been less common now a day since weve got the different food options, but I'll still see them from time to time. Typically the new force feeder is a mom who is fertile and feeds her kids berries. Some of them dont know they breast feed and when informed they breast feed, others dont care and in one instance the mom started force feeding me.

My idea of a sponge transpires the standard "sit around and just eat". I consider those who want to do nothing more but build stuff sponges at times for example. I've seen many that will work on roads then run to the berries to eat and half of the berry farm is dying. After they fill up they run back to road building not even considering the idea of helping out the farm since "that's a job for children".

I'm not going to kill people for not doing things a productive way or for just working on their special projects. I kill people when they put the town at risk and it's not a call I like to make. I've had one life where I had a son who was roleplaying like he was a kid that could never do anything right. At first it was manageable and I would tell him hes doing good yadda yadda, but nothing swayed him. Near the end of my life he had grown very erratic in his behavior and was constantly yelling at people. Being one of the three knife holders I had to make a decision. Either i let him live and hope he doesnt make or obtain a weapon then start killing innocents or I kill him then and there. I killed him while he was smithing, that's when I noticed he had forged a blade blank and after he died someone pulled the file out from his corpse.

I had to step away and get a smoke after that life. I mean I was relieved that I did the right thing, but if I had let him live then he would have more than likely killed the only girl left in the family. What I'm getting at is these arent decisions most of us take lightly.

On another note you'd be surprised how little the amount of deaths are a result from murder even with the young children starving excluded from the totals. I've posted some excel stuff from a processor I use to get the public data into a workable format to check the stats time to time.

I dont hate you hihibanana, I think all of our issue is using a text medium to discuss this. So many things can be misread or misjudged in text.

#153 2018-08-24 04:23:54

hihibanana

Ribbz wrote:

My idea of a sponge transpires the standard "sit around and just eat". I consider those who want to do nothing more but build stuff sponges at times for example. I've seen many that will work on roads then run to the berries to eat and half of the berry farm is dying. After they fill up they run back to road building not even considering the idea of helping out the farm since "that's a job for children".

Ah. See, the sponge problem would disappear with more organization.

Ribbz wrote:

I'm not going to kill people for not doing things a productive way or for just working on their special projects. I kill people when they put the town at risk and it's not a call I like to make. I've had one life where I had a son who was roleplaying like he was a kid that could never do anything right. At first it was manageable and I would tell him hes doing good yadda yadda, but nothing swayed him. Near the end of my life he had grown very erratic in his behavior and was constantly yelling at people. Being one of the three knife holders I had to make a decision. Either i let him live and hope he doesnt make or obtain a weapon then start killing innocents or I kill him then and there. I killed him while he was smithing, that's when I noticed he had forged a blade blank and after he died someone pulled the file out from his corpse.

I had to step away and get a smoke after that life. I mean I was relieved that I did the right thing, but if I had let him live then he would have more than likely killed the only girl left in the family. What I'm getting at is these arent decisions most of us take lightly.

I see how much thought you put into this decision, and it all seems to be objective and clear-thinking. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the others in this community.

Ribbz wrote:

On another note you'd be surprised how little the amount of deaths are a result from murder even with the young children starving excluded from the totals. I've posted some excel stuff from a processor I use to get the public data into a workable format to check the stats time to time.

I do understand that the murder rate is relatively low, but when it comes down to it, you can really ruin someone's day when they're murdered the first game(s) they start. Though I bet more often than not, they'll be confused and not know what just happened, and just start the next game.

Ribbz wrote:

I dont hate you hihibanana, I think all of our issue is using a text medium to discuss this. So many things can be misread or misjudged in text.

I never thought you did. You and pein have been the more respectable opposition in this thread.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-24 04:25:55)

#154 2018-08-24 05:22:14

TheRedBug

Just a random bug throwing stew around passing by

Keep attending to your usual business

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#155 2018-08-24 11:44:49

Anshin

SimplisticLivelyBlackandtancoonhound-small.gif

#156 2018-08-24 12:40:48

TrustyWay

If you can't eat stew with people, you don't worth anything

#157 2018-08-24 13:06:44

carbon

Sooooo in conclusion: communicate more, initiate the conversation and tell people to stop mooching... and then cull out the moochers?

#158 2018-08-24 13:24:28

I am Pharo

hihibanana wrote:

I didn't think my comments were hurting anybody. I'll try to be more careful about sharing my insight.

LMAFO

????

Board footer