One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 21:46:00

Solbusaur

Nearly gave up, stumbled upon an advanced city

I dont want to make this too long, but it was my luckiest run yet.

I was generation 11 I think, and our village was a stump. My son was nearly grown, but I had lost all hope and though of it as a dead end. However, he suggests we find somewhere else to go where it might be better, and I'm very happy that he did.
We packed up our highest tier items (which were mere pouches and bow drills) as well as some food for the long journey. We walked for many hundreds of tiles and avoided multiple predators (I had thought we were going to die on the way as with previous attempts). There was no bell tower, we were heading East aimlessly, picking up food on the way.

Eventually, we start seeing signs of human interaction; branches on the ground, cut up burdocks and milkweed seeds. As we moved further East, there was a increasing amount of these sights and I was getting more and more excited. I was beaming when we found some fields of fertile soil, and was screaming at my son with glee. We were on the outskirts of this city, not very close to all the juicy stuff. A hungry lamb came towards us from the north, and that was my call. So when we moved North, we started seeing some really good stuff. For example:
stone walls, Roads, berry farms (BIIIG ones), lots of steel tools, sheep pens, medical supplies (And about 5 bowls of antivenom blood), pies etc.

Our journeying had paid off. I was hoping to find people, and tell them about mine and my son's journey, only to be greeted by corpses. Everywhere.

For the rest of my life, I only had two sons in that village. I taught them how I got there and fed them till childhood (Apart from Woodley Gemar, Rest In Peace). That was the most amazing thing that has happened to me.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-08-20 21:51:48

Solbusaur

Re: Nearly gave up, stumbled upon an advanced city

My name was Jan Gemar, so you can find my lineage (Can't post links yet)

Extra note: It turns out my son, Myson (Without a surname), had lived in the village during its downfall. I was a bit skeptical primarily, but a few of his statements seemed true from what I saw. He had told me a queen was killing all who cursed her, and she had all the weapons in town. Eventually he killed the queen after being in hiding. He had told me just before I died.

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#3 2018-08-20 23:46:37

pein

gemars died out by Jo
we were 6 babies on a field, both females killed

tried to steal attackers knife or lead him into a bear, couldnt
i disconnected sadly, tried to move out as i had no weapon and didnt wanted to risk a duel

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-08-21 00:24:22

Mad_Villager

pein wrote:

gemars died out by Jo
we were 6 babies on a field, both females killed

tried to steal attackers knife or lead him into a bear, couldnt
i disconnected sadly, tried to move out as i had no weapon and didnt wanted to risk a duel

I hated that guy so much, i had 3 gold ingots and a carrot crown. And you can guess what i was doing. Jo saved "us". I had some time to find monolith also with backpack and at age like 40.

#5 2018-08-21 13:44:27

Falsewall

Does Jason still push updates out when the monilith is activated?  Never seemed viable for him in my opinion

Board footer