One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-18 12:53:38

helloworld

Is there a reason for letting people swap & dress old people?

Just curious why this function exist.
Played a game where someone swap backpack with knife in it and murder someone.

#2 2018-08-19 04:37:02

Matbat

Re: Is there a reason for letting people swap & dress old people?

The only positive time I've ever used it for was a old lady was doing some noob purging and had stabbed a guy trying to kill her, I  swapped my pack for hers to take her needle and thread that I didn't have to sew up the guy she stabbed.
Any other case I've seen is griefers taking old people's stuff.
So tip, as you might already know, when your character model is old, find someone to pass your stuff down to immediately, I just go to the nearest farm and give it to any person who looks like they're working hard. Anyone who works hard is 90% not a griefer, anyone who is not working is 65% likely to be a noob, 30% griefer, and 5% a vacationing good player, but in order to tell if they're not working you have to keep an eye on them a while.

#3 2018-08-19 04:46:11

thegolfpantsguy

its okay to have favorite kids...
just always look who is your favorite kid and pass them your items later

#4 2018-08-19 05:42:13

pein

and its 99% that if takes it from you its not a noob, and 100% that no genetics exist in the game

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-08-19 14:56:00

MultiLife

I'd also like to know why exactly it is a thing. When I got told people can swap my stuff off of me as I get old, it just made me stress out when I am getting older: I have to be alert in my elder years so I have enough time to pass my stuff on: I'm usually still busy and riddled with work at 40-50 years and I have to stop things to spend time finding the good people.
Currently my reasoning to this swap thing is that you are weak enough to not be able to struggle if someone undresses you or steals things from you. Something realistic but also something I don't really appreciate in games but that's the only reasoning I have right now.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2018-08-19 17:07:08

Anshin

MultiLife wrote:

I'd also like to know why exactly it is a thing. When I got told people can swap my stuff off of me as I get old, it just made me stress out when I am getting older: I have to be alert in my elder years so I have enough time to pass my stuff on...

Just like real life.
Better hurry up and decide who inherits your stuff, or get taken advantage of and picked clean by human vultures.

#7 2018-08-19 17:10:39

startafight

Anshin wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

I'd also like to know why exactly it is a thing. When I got told people can swap my stuff off of me as I get old, it just made me stress out when I am getting older: I have to be alert in my elder years so I have enough time to pass my stuff on...

Just like real life.
Better hurry up and decide who inherits your stuff, or get taken advantage of and picked clean by human vultures.

yep ive just started giving away my stuff when i start to get grey n lose hunger (unless im going out of town) n then ask ppl to murder me at 55. havent had shit stolen offa me yet

Board footer