One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-16 02:18:34

AltyBagU

The most annoying thing

What is the most annoying things people do in the game that makes you mad?

The few pet peeves I have is when someone cuts down all the wheat leaving us with no seeds. Also what happened to me a few time's is I got get everything together to make a backpack and make it and someone snatches it up on me after i did all the work to get it. Otherwise I'm pretty chill.

#2 2018-08-16 02:45:08

Auner

Re: The most annoying thing

When you're standing so you cover the water >.>

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#3 2018-08-16 04:02:40

sanchez

When someone is standing a tile down covering an item i want to use ooooooh

#4 2018-08-16 05:06:25

desertsyd

1. Oh look an axe, time for some deforestation
2. Not leaving gaps in farm fields
3. Not returning tools
4. Basket stealing - don't be lazy and make one
5. Making rabbit fur shoes
6. Not letting the rabbit hunter claim the first backpack
7. Filling all the bowls with pork
8. being overly protective of knives/arrows
9. making a Home Marker in the middle of the village

#5 2018-08-16 05:27:04

EllynEve

Fire in desert lol

#6 2018-08-16 05:38:56

Neo

Babies.

That move too much.

That F too often.

Jump out while I'm trying to name them.

Run off at birth and comeback yelling F.

Ones that continue to F when they get older.

Ones that try to tell you full sentences with one or 2 letters at a time.

Point towards gear.

Let you raise them for 2 years before suiciding.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-16 05:48:36)

#7 2018-08-16 06:06:56

pein

1. when they take my brand new tool, i want to use for a project- generally shovel or froh+mallet
2. when they put stupid questions and cover the forge, while its still burning
3. when they dont see the level of civilization you are on and try to make useless things, stew before axe, stone rooms before file fucking up 3 chisels
lock and key before froh, the 5th hoe before one shear
4. when they give babies aprons and backpacks, generally the ones i made the other life, especially knifes
5. when they enclose the front entrance over and over or dig extra pits cause they only know corner entrances
6. when a kid tries to forge wasting firewood and doesnt understand that you dont need, it just makes it slower
7. when they chuck down multiple home markers in useable places, dig graves where they died or plant bushes in front of kiln
8. when they run around scavenging holding a basket, taking everything from everywhere, pads made to shoes, taking the needle+yarn from medic, and your dead sons belongings
9. when they beg for packs or aprons cause they found a knife and they instantly are the owner of it and they think you should give them a pack, not that they should give you the knife
10. the lazy asses in crowns who pass down a knife the a newbie girl, while the sheep is roaming free, they withold it for 3 generations never using on sheep or griefers, cause its a family treasure
11. taking baskets, firewood/kindling from forge, long shaft from tortilla station, carts you just made, while they could make their own
12. extending berry bushes while they arent even picked off, soiled and watered
13. babies in fire near the desert, multiple fires, big fires from kindling
14. watered carrot, with no intention of harvesting it
15. noob players who are cocky, lazy and think they deserve everything (they die on first famine)
16. the ones who stab me after killing  a griefer, if im healed they die in pvp and try to curse me, its a fair duel with no slowdown and weapons in hand, wait your time
17 dumbfuck females who give useless jobs to kids and leave them in poor spots and they got 12 babies dead before age 5 but once you kill a griefer, they are the most useful person in city and tell you are a killer or griefer or both and they get saved every time so you need to stab them twice
18. full fur clothes in 2nd gen, clothes before finding a spot and you are a boy, rabbit shawls and shoes, clothes made using milkweed when you got sheep

Last edited by pein (2018-08-16 06:08:29)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-08-16 16:54:22

MultiLife

Annoying things, smaller and bigger:
- people covering a kiln instantly with adobe, not giving me any time to dry pottery (just few seconds, please! I am standing right here with the wet bowl!)
- people standing in smithing area/raising babies in smithing area/talking in smithing area (many have to rebuild smithing areas due to this)
- roleplayers who cause unnecessary chaos due to them wanting to roleplay (spreading rumours and killing due to rp reasons... once I was a target of a "jealous wife" with a knife, another time a "crazy woman" just killed men)
- female character players who insist to go hunt, scout or get iron etc., when there is no need to (and then die out in the wilderness) - please let willing males or old females do these jobs firsthand, just ask around first! You might doom a small town when taking risks like these, dying to a snake or a boar etc.
- moms who force me onto too hot tiles

Usually speaking up has solved issues related to blissfully unaware players. But issues like moms and hot tiles are so difficult to explain when you can't say words (sweating effect when?). The "roleplayer griefers" are perhaps the most annoying ones, borderline plain old murderers/griefers, but thankfully they are rare and you can avoid them. Unless they are the type to hunt you down to fill in their story or something. Acting out an insane character etc..

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-16 16:58:06)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2018-08-16 17:14:19

Aurora Aurora

People stealing shit im working with makes me livid. And new players who have no idea what they're doing but wants to help me make super advanced items anyways and end up ruining everything.

Learn how to do something before you help someone do said thing.

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-08-16 17:14:38)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#10 2018-08-16 23:40:32

Anshin

Ooooo Br'er Fox, I hate it when griefers use up all the soil and water on berry bushes... and use up all the plates making pieomes of food. Also, please don't make piles of fur into backpacks... or hunt all the wolves and snakes into extinction. That would be terrible. So annoying. Much bad.

#11 2018-08-17 05:41:30

Turnipseed

People not doing anything their whole life...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2018-08-17 06:18:04

LaughAtlantis

People who just talk about bears.

If a bear is attacking the village, either A) hunt it and kill it, B) help lure it away, or C) go about your regular job while being careful to avoid the fucking bear.  Stop standing around talking about the bear. Ooh, bear. Bear. Bear. Bear. Bear.

Yes, we get it, there's a bear.  Get on with it.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#13 2018-08-17 16:36:20

Lotus

In regards to someone standing in front of an item you need, use the right click trick on the tile they're standing in front of to "swap" items.

I hate it when a baby gets full gear while adults are naked. That makes me so fucking aggravated. I also hate it when, say, you've hunted rabbits or shorn sheep for ages to make yourself some clothes or gear, and then a random person either turns it into a lesser item of clothing, like a shoe, or sews it themselves while you're eating or something. That's why I always make my clothes behind trees.

#14 2018-08-18 01:30:10

Jk Howling

Surprised nobody's mentioned a few of these:

- Letting the last fire go out/putting a flat rock over the last fire, especially in big civilizations that don't have any nearby fire trees thanks to repeat grief attacks.

- Putting firewood onto a fire when there's already one going, or kindling/a flat rock on the coals someone were just about to use.

- A civilization letting the compost stop running, then panicking when they realize their berry field is dead. Also, the mass amount of noobs who die from this event instead of foraging for food or trying to find natural soil pits.

- People who jump to conclusions when they see a murder or someone asking to curse so-and-so. Figure out the whole story before you grab your knife or throw out a curse lmao. A lot of the time it's not what it seems.

- Naming and raising kids that were purposefully abandoned by their mother, whether for being sketchy [constantly jumping out of arms, not saying anything when asked, etc.] or being noobs that don't listen when you say to stay put, or because of a population boom. Bonus points if the kid comes back for "vengeance."

- People who eat the corn meant for cows/stew, or carrots meant for compost. There's a reason I go out of my way to hide some of these things, or grow them on the outskirts of town.

- People who plant and water 10 rows of carrots, especially those who don't come back to pick them. You don't need that fucking many. Three, maybe four rows at most. Four rows gives you 20 carrots. That's plenty for feeding sheep, composting, and maybe making a few pies.

- Tilling piles of 3 soil. It's just wasteful. Splitting it into piles of two extends the soil usage, and saves on iron. Tilling piles of one is also fine, but only if you've got plenty of iron for extra hoes.

- Wasting kindling on a large-fast fire. It's useless. That kindling could've been a brand new fire but instead it was wasted making a regular fire last what, ten seconds longer?

- People who hold grudges over the tiniest fucking thing. Okay I get it, I didn't know mutton pies had been released and that they were better than rabbit. You didn't have to snarl at me for "impeding on your work" and then track down a knife to stab me 30 minutes after the incident. I'd already switched over and moved on. Why couldn't you?

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-08-18 01:32:25)

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer