One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-13 17:08:38

Neo

Your best children

Let's be positive for a change, Who were your best kids.

Sadly I forgot who he was but I had a son who witnessed me get killed over some gear, He was only a baby at the time. I was happy when he avenged my death and lived to 60.

Then again I'm almost always impressed when one of my kids dies of old age. It's a nice change from my children being crap.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-13 17:10:31)

#2 2018-08-13 17:30:32

Mirelli

Re: Your best children

I’ve had lots of great children. Most recently, I had a daughter just as I noticed a griefer in town force feeding everyone sauerkraut and stew until it was all gone. I took her to the outskirts of town and explained the situation, telling her that I had to kill him. She agreed with me and told me she would feed me once she got bigger. I did end up killing him and she did feed me while I was on cooldown <3

Also my young, barely five year old son who stumbled across me with a bloody bow on cool down in the wilderness. I had just murdered a griefer and I was starving to death next to a full berry bush. He was confused and surprised but I quickly explained the situation and he said something like “you’re my ma” and “I believe you”. I was at one bar of food left when he fed me and I was so grateful. If he hadn’t found me by chance, I would have died. So happy he found me just in time smile

All of my wonderful Eve children deserve some recognition too for all the work they did to keep our family alive for so many generations.

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#3 2018-08-13 18:17:23

Jk Howling

First child that came to my mind was a daughter during one of my more successful eve runs [15 gens]. She got to work right away setting up the farm in nice 3x3 patches and had berries as well as a few other veggies growing pretty quickly, while I worked on getting steel tools going.

I think by the time I died as an eve they were already planning out the sheep pen, was a very solid start thanks to the kids I'd been given who knew what they were doing, and stuck around. Sadly it died off due to an update- babies stopped being born.

-Has ascended to better games-

#4 2018-08-13 19:04:05

I am Pharo

I think my favorite kids or family members have been Mirelli, Ribbz, Turnipseed, off the top of my head.

Mirelli is THE fucking sniper of trolls and griefers, and we've been through numerous battles protecting our towns.

Mirelli, Ribbz and Turnipseed know all the recipes and do all the roles they have to in order to sustain a village.

10/10 stars - highly recommend these family members.

#5 2018-08-13 19:06:06

I am Pharo

Jk Howling wrote:

First child that came to my mind was a daughter during one of my more successful eve runs [15 gens]. She got to work right away setting up the farm in nice 3x3 patches and had berries as well as a few other veggies growing pretty quickly, while I worked on getting steel tools going.

I think by the time I died as an eve they were already planning out the sheep pen, was a very solid start thanks to the kids I'd been given who knew what they were doing, and stuck around. Sadly it died off due to an update- babies stopped being born.

JK howling, do you name your daughters Aphrodite?

If you see a baby say "!"  that is probably me, realizing it is you, in excitement I am about to have a good life.

#6 2018-08-13 19:09:45

pein

played as an eve today, and lost my first kids, as i wasnt ready

had only one daughter who ran away

the place looked unorthodox, maybe thats why people suicided, it was a tiny desert near a tiny green biome and a tiny swamp, and an ice biome above, a bigger badland below
but actually was on a desert with 8-9 ponds, between 3 green biomes, next to savannahs

i choose the right side because of the desert, actually was harder to get branches, but good temperature so we could of made it work

as i went old, my son stood with me, even if were no girls. and made me a backpack, died to connection at 51, wanted to cut the trees there and die at old age

had a noobcamp and i wanted to help out mother anyway and was a small spot of desert so i made a new kiln there, was still far from water, just i wanted to help so i didnt wanted to go too far, ended up with a lot of sisters and brothers, who died anyway, tried to feed them all

had a son who was quite new palyer, but asked what i need, i told him we need to move the farm near water, we need branches, we need clay, etc.
he got everything for me, and in the end even got iron
he suicided after i died and thanked me on forum, freshly registering just cause of this

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-13 19:30:07

Jk Howling

I am Pharo wrote:
Jk Howling wrote:

JK howling, do you name your daughters Aphrodite?

If you see a baby say "!"  that is probably me, realizing it is you, in excitement I am about to have a good life.

I have often in the past! Greek [and occasionally Roman or Norse] mythology is my most common name theme for my kids, though I've also been using flowers for my girls lately [Rose, Lily, Posy, Iris, Aster, Daisy, Poppy, Zinnia, Holly to name a few].

That's so sweet ;w; I'll definitely keep an eye out for any !'ing kids

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2018-08-13 20:06:37

MultiLife

Youuu are one of my best kids Neo, Lacee! big_smile Lana too. Loved Lola also. Story in one sentence for people who don't know: Lana and Lacee killed two griefers, saving the town.

I can't help but love all my Eve-camp/early camp smith-kids, I have a habit of hauling food for them as an old Eve/mom. They are always so hard-working. Wesley Gala from my Eve Gala run for example (his last words make me laugh every time: "Why do you need clothes on desert", poor boy was being pestered by some newbie :'D).
In a non-Eve run; Ramses Thanos and Magnus Thanos, Mila Thanos' sons come to mind. Very effecient duo in smithing in the early camp, helpful all around.

There was also Stanley, my son who got reborn to the small town he had been to. He helped block the bear caves with walls, built an Eve Road, had a sheep pen project and so on. Productive, and also shared a small chat with him. Sorry I didn't notice we ran out of food in that dying camp.

There was also a sweet grandson in one life, Andre. Rewarded his hard work (composting like a mad man) by granting him my knife, so he could butcher sheep by himself after I was gone. He was keen on burying me, instructing me to my grave space. :'D Thank you!

I hope I am not forgetting some awesome kids. There have been so many good ones, with some I just have the extra time and chance to observe them more than others so they stuck to my memory.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-13 20:08:08)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2018-08-14 05:56:35

Neo

I am Pharo wrote:

I think my favorite kids or family members have been Mirelli, Ribbz, Turnipseed, off the top of my head.

Mirelli is THE fucking sniper of trolls and griefers, and we've been through numerous battles protecting our towns.

Mirelli, Ribbz and Turnipseed know all the recipes and do all the roles they have to in order to sustain a village.

10/10 stars - highly recommend these family members.

BTW I met you recently, You gave your stuff because I said "oof". Even if it was because of a mistaken identify I did appreciate the stuff.

Thanks for giving it to me instead of the brat little girl.

Board footer