One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 17:46:42

Turnipseed

Heat reducing clothing?

Desert farming has been a thing for a while now, but the best way to work the farm is naked, and your still on the hot side of the spectrum.

I think the straw hat, and reed skirt should REDUCE heat.

I own a floppy straw hat, and i wear it to keep the sun off my head in the summer.

Just a thought

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#2 2018-08-02 17:51:26

pein

Re: Heat reducing clothing?

In 2hol you got silk for that and you much berries in spawn city until you realize it's cause of silk

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-08-02 17:52:47

Neo

Hell yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I hate it when your in an advanced civ and everyone is still naked.  Clothing is great for reducing hunger but we never utilize it because so many towns are deserts which makes clothes useless.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-02 17:59:27)

#4 2018-08-02 18:39:22

LaughAtlantis

I personally hate it when people continually tell me to put on clothes.  I'm in the damn desert.  It's not helpful for me to wear a rabbit loincloth and a sealskin coat because you don't wanna see my johnson.

That said... I agree with Turnipseed.  Floppy hats, reed skirts, and some light colored shirt should reduce heat.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#5 2018-08-03 04:51:33

Turnipseed

I dont even think we neccicarily need new cloths just a temp shift on the hat and the skirt.

I would say the snake skin boots too, but anyone who has worn such boots would know while they are protective they are not by any means a way of keeping cool... talk about some sweaty feet...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#6 2018-08-05 22:42:10

pein

i would rather like something which has absolute bonus toward middle rather than warming effect
i guess in real life only silicone gel is kinda similar?
technically we wear clothes for protection as well, not just for heat
so even on a desert you wear clothes to protect you from direct sunlight

and its a game
the most simple and fun would be clothes giving you bonus toward middle, cool you in heat and heat you in cold
or at least rooms should balance heat much better

the ability to terraform tiles a bit, even with hot or cold tiles, but best would be trough inbuilt heating systems

we dont actually have buildings or cities until the game can recognize them as a whole

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-07 21:28:34

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Cooling clothing IS possible with the current engine, because objects can give off negative heat.  Like, an ice block sitting on the ground could produce negative heat (the opposite of a fire).  An ice shirt could do something similar.  This is a bit of a stretch in thermodynamic terms, but I guess they're really just heat sinks.

I've been hesitant, so far, to use this for straw hats.... because they're not really icy or heat sinks.  But I suppose it would feel good to put one on in the desert and cool off.

However, the entire thermo model is going to be overhauled in the near future.  It's way too finicky as it stands.

Board footer