One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-06 00:33:15

Lotus

N/A

deleting some of my old posts

Last edited by Lotus (2018-12-26 06:01:45)

#2 2018-08-06 01:10:14

Ribbz

Re: N/A

Lotus wrote:

Grey hair came. Baby ran over to me. From the original Moist family, unrelated to me. Lineage ban didn’t apply to Holland, he was reborn again. I named him Holland and gave him the backpack with keys.

The fact that you gave a baby a backpack with the keys is just silly.

Lotus wrote:

My daughter River locked her child in the room that Holland III had the keys to.

I did not lock my child in the room, when the murder happened I was trying to help the kid and when i ran by the room I saw my child in the locked room asking for the door to be opened.

Lotus wrote:

Got super mad when Holland was too small to unlock the door.

No I asked the child to drop the backpack so i could grab a key and unlock the door. I got mad when he said "no" "my" "bp" or whatever he said.

Lotus wrote:

Started cursing at the innocent baby. I threatened to rip her eyes out and force feed them to her if she hurt my baby. I was angry and just plain tired of the murder.

I just quoted this because all you did was ask for me to not hurt the kid. Stop trying to make yourself look cool.

Lotus wrote:

Apparently my threat didn’t work on her because she shot my baby. I stood in front of her to protect her but somehow the arrow shot her when I was in front. Yelled at my daughter who had the knife to heal her. She said that she wouldn’t and fed the murderer. They were in cahoots. Holland III died because my daughter wouldn’t heal her. She was being petty about it, because of the key issue Holland had misspelled “keys” to “kys.” I even told her that child was the one who helped find the griefer’s body, but she just sat around eating pie.

You're delusional we were not in cahoots she just agreed with me. Her with the "kys" thing was referring to the kid wanting the keys im pretty sure.

Lotus wrote:

I had to leave so I never got the chance to shoot River for killing my sweet baby. All the while, River was making up shit about how Holland was a “griefing sponge” when she had literally just been born and was a helpless toddler.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=798178
Your child was not a helpless toddler when she was shot. I was going to let everything go, but your previous was doing nothing but eating stew.

Lotus wrote:

So yeah. I’m so sorry my sweet baby. Holland, you were such a sweet amazing child. I wish we had more time together. I wish we’ll meet again, that life was made special with you in it.

Screw you River and Scarlet. I’m ashamed to call you my daughters. You may have done some good but it doesn’t make up for killing my sweet innocent baby and spreading rumors thereafter. I’m disappointed in you.

If you’re reading this, Holland, we need to be twins sometime. Consider emailing me by checking my bio. I’d love to talk again. I love you, sweetie. Please reach out if you’re reading this.

I spread the truth unlike this exaggerated post, there is some truth to the claims but it's all muddled to demonize Scarlet and I.

I'm not proud of what I did, but whats done is done.

#3 2018-08-06 03:49:29

Lotus

1. I did say that if anyone were to touch Holland, I would indeed scratch their eyes out. >_>

2. I don’t give random kids backpacks with keys. That’s ignorant. If someone’s reborn in the town who is known as a good player, shouldn’t they get their belongings back? Previously, Juniper gave those things to Holland.

3. She was still young. If you are too small to travel out of town to gather things, you’re still considered fairly helpless from what I’ve heard.

4. Only assume a person is a sponge if they have been sitting around eating nutritious food for many years. She had just gotten hair when she picked up a bowl of stew. She didn’t even eat it. tongue

5. If someone went up to you and asked for your backpack full of valuables for no reason, you’d tell them no too. When she refused, you hadn’t explained to her the situation yet.

6. Dramatic effect.

#4 2018-08-06 04:33:02

Ribbz

Lotus wrote:

2. I don’t give random kids backpacks with keys. That’s ignorant. If someone’s reborn in the town who is known as a good player, shouldn’t they get their belongings back? Previously, Juniper gave those things to Holland.

Oh you can give those items back sure, but its a child. Do you know I could have just swapped a BP with Holland's BP if I had one on hand? Because that's what I would have done if I had one to save my kid.

Lotus wrote:

3. She was still young. If you are too small to travel out of town to gather things, you’re still considered fairly helpless from what I’ve heard.

That is the most pitiful thing that I've heard ever. Did you read that before you posted this? What do you think children do in an Eve run miss Eve? Like holy hell if you can't go out into the wild on your own with a berry in hand then you need to practice foraging more.

Lotus wrote:

4. Only assume a person is a sponge if they have been sitting around eating nutritious food for many years. She had just gotten hair when she picked up a bowl of stew. She didn’t even eat it. tongue

I'll be honest, I was past the point of giving a damn. I saw the kid sitting with stew in her hand that had a bite taken out of it.

Lotus wrote:

5. If someone went up to you and asked for your backpack full of valuables for no reason, you’d tell them no too. When she refused, you hadn’t explained to her the situation yet.

Told the bb to drop the bag and followed up with the reason due to character limits. If you remember correctly you tried picking bb up to take it south and I did the same to show the situation but the bb kept jumping out our arms.

Lotus wrote:

6. Dramatic effect.

So cute

#5 2018-08-06 05:02:45

Star

I love watching this. lol

Bob <3

#6 2018-08-06 05:34:53

Alleria

Lotus wrote:

Fake news. If you are 2 years old without hair, you are old enough to start foraging. Sure, you might not be able to pick things up yet, but you will live long enough to find something. Frustrates me to no end when noob mothers try telling their kids that they're too small to start foraging.

Your child killed another by their inaction. They should be aware enough to have removed the backpack to save the other kid, but they didn't. As far as I'm concerned, that act alone could warrant their murder.

If you didn't have a backpack and you gave a baby one, then that's either a mistake or admitting that you're a bad player and your baby might be able to use it better than you can. If you had a backpack as well, then you are also responsible for killing Ribbz child.

From what we can read, you try to be a nice player, but you have a lot to learn about how to play in general.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#7 2018-08-06 07:49:47

Tea

Okay guys, you can't tell me you never did something not very intelligent, giving a baby a backpack or some stuff that shouldn't have been given. Everyone does some mistakes.

Lotus gave this player her stuff because this kid was reborn at least three times and went every time back to the player who was nice to him. He must have been a new player and if given the chance to life one proper life, Lotus would have teach him a bit.

I found this story cute and nice ^^

Sure some stuff should have been done differently in that but that life has been lived. Move on tongue

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#8 2018-08-06 08:19:45

JonySky
Website

kid with backpack and key, eating stew ... for me that's a death sentence!

a child does not need a backpack, does not need to travel far
a child is fed completely with a berry

I have been many hours in this game and I have seen many griefers, sponges, noobs, killers, etc ...
without being in the game, I recognize that there is a problem in the behavior of that kid

#9 2018-08-06 12:26:39

pein

dont give a backpack for a kid who cannot use it, its your belonging when you made it, each life is different,  each time you are a new character, i never seem to get back anything, and beggars are not the sweet considerate types

from what i heard he smart enough to know it needs a backpack, but not smart enough to see someone is trapped in a room, and act without hesitation, also you didnt stood around him or talk to ribbz, just run away assuming things giving a fuck about her kid
there are no babies, there are baby size players

if you are dumb at birth you gonna be dumb later too

giving a pack to a new player with items others need to use is enough reason to kill you and him
especially you think you are a special snowflake being the eve, workers run the city, the smith, the baker, the compost maker, the shepherd, ones who know where the stuff is, generally i dont mind them giving a crown for a baby or any kind of clothes, but dont give aprons, packs and tools (knife is a tool, and as long as there are sheared sheep in the pen, and you are holding a knife, you are just a monarchist tyrant who just scavenges people and amasses a family treasure while ignoring the responsibility coming with a knife)
i often just strip the baby off the aprons, or swap a pack for the tools he has, i dont mind if i piss them off, if you consider yourself a queen or something, show the skills
locking a room you didnt made also kinda annoying, yes, sometimes is kinda good to have some extra resources stashed to restart the town
having a lockable room open so a baby can be locked inside makes no sense to me, maybe someone dropped her inside or you left it like that and she miss-clicked

a baby is still a baby, he loses 1 minute and can be reborn
so when accidents happen or a mother shots a baby, i dont really care, its good enough for me if says was only a baby, i keep an eye on them, but same goes for everyone. i had several attempts to getting murdered for no reason or kidnapped at birth to be starved, if they lack the skill to finish me i will retaliate
if its suspicious, i would kill my kid too

and roleplaying is nice, but you lack common sense if you dont realize that all babies can be your babies, especially if you are role playing, especially now that you can name them

so you all cry about some people killing babies or starving them, but all i see is nobody giving a F for a kid yelling F, cause its 'not your baby', and you are too busy doing nothing but cant feed 2 kids instead of 1.
you are responsible for a colony
every kid is your kid if you choose to stay in it
you can always make an outpost and move out

it takes 3 feedings to raise a kid if its on a desert spot
i even had a bro who was raised by 2 feedings, as he could grab the onion i brought, it needs good timing
once you got 6 bars and you keep your medium temperature, you can technically temp run around the town
at 7 bars you got 30 seconds so you can safely go for a minute walk

ad you can jump off a kidnapper, and get back safe to your 'caring' mother
if you suicide you can put down clothes
if its a tool inside pack you can signal it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-08-06 15:12:38

Lotus

By the time we walked down to the locked room, the person trapped inside was already dead. Imo, you shouldn’t walk into a room with a locked door and not expect a griefer to trap you inside. And once again, the whole key thing, you hadn’t explained the situation when the child refused to give you their backpack full of keys. I wouldn’t randomly give my valuables to a random person out of context.

I don’t know why they jumped out of our arms, seemed odd. Maybe they thought we were trying to kidnap them. But they followed us down to the locked room after. People had already noticed she died.

This post was an apology to Holland, just tried to get in contact with them. It wasn’t about you. So yes, some things are going to be in their point of view. The “tragedy” is that this person was one of the kindest people I’ve met on the game and they got killed three times. This is just an attempt to get in contact with someone. Not an attempt to start a huge argument or anything.

edit: autocorrect

Last edited by Lotus (2018-08-06 15:14:11)

#11 2018-08-06 15:22:39

Lotus

The town was also really old, made way back. There wasn’t a way to tell who made the original keys. It was “first to the key” when we recolonized. Juniper found them and they were passed down to a trustworthy citizen, at the time we selected Holland. He died a fairly early death. And it’s not like it was a baby with a crown, apron with knife, and full clothing or anything. I gave him my backpack that had the keys inside.

Regarding the stew, anyone could have taken that bite. I was following Holland when he picked it up and it was already half eaten. I ended up feeding them a bowl of stew by accident while they were sitting there typing, so that’s on me, but if they were full they wouldn’t have accepted it anyway.

Keys aren’t a “family treasure” as you assumed. If they were, wouldn’t they just be passed to anyone nearby? No, they were given to a reincarnated citizen who had helped us charitably in the past. And despite being killed twice, they didn’t do anything bad in their third life. Kindness in this game is rare. And when kind people are killed three times in a row, it’s just kind of sad.

#12 2018-08-06 16:16:46

Turnipseed

Yeah dont gear kids... the only time you should gear a young person is if they are just busting ass.  Like working harder than alot of other kids. Then you know they are productive, and will make good use of the apron, backpack, whatever else.

Also not everyone in a town NEEDS a backpack. A shepard needs an apron to hold the knife, and a cart to haul mutton. A chef needs pretty much nothing, a farmer also needs nothing, a smith needs an apron to hold the hammer( makes it way easier than running to pick it up each time)

The people who NEED backpacks are resource runners. People getting clay, iron, rabbits, smooth rocks. Especially before carts are made, but even after carts. A runner with a cart can bring home 12 things, a runner with a cart and backpack can bring home 16 things. (11, and 15 respectivly leaving one space for a pie, and plate on return trip for the love of god bring home your plates)

Now, im not saying its not good for everyone to have a pack im just saying if they are scarce, make sure the people who need them the most have them first. If im a baby given the only pack in town you can bet your ass im gonna go get rabbits/clay/metal asap when i grow up, or give it to the person already doing that if id rather do something in town.

Just be mindful of the situation if you make someones job easier they will remember that. Generosity in this game is so rare it is always remembered.

Give your pack to the trapper without one, and i can almost garuntee they will make a new one, and it will be dropped at your feet.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer