a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-04 09:28:44

pein

Deadrick family

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=783477

spawned near berry so got the creative name berry

at least bro was hammer

got a brother, a worst kind of new player who clicks everything to see what it is, of course cant just tab
he cut a few trees and took shovel far away so had to hide it, he died at 18

had 2 decent kids and 2 suiciders
had a good grandson and a dumb granddaughter

most of people starved, was gen 8 we had axe and shovel

a lady planted milkweed, i seen an arrow as baby but couldnt find later, from animal skins i guessed someone hunting

i started smithing as a kid with an older cousin, we made more tools, i was gettign firewood and bowls, putting coal in them, hitting iron

it was no food at start and big mess soon enough
lot of trees cut by a few people who didnt knew they shouldnt

i was then taking the bones as it occupied all space near kiln
and might as well started a grave pen, 5x5 plus a side entrance
seen a few stones above in desert and were a few ponds

granny died with only pack, after hauling few bones next to ones died near, i was taking them to extend grave pen
then i was lucky taking her pack and shoes
my aunt came back with arrow and told us t hide it, i was asking for it and we went hunting for a muflon, misclicked on one killing too early, then i got other
told her we need pen or at least sheep food
had to plant carrot as they ate a lot of it

then i wanted to finish tools, but had a son, put him on desert, a newbie girl planted two berries and was so  happy having a garden, coudlnt explain to her that she should of planted on desert near ponds
she also didnt fed my daughter after asking it, actually almost starved her own, then had one more and died
that one was weird too, like 12 year old and keep repeating milkweed but didnt work then died with her first kid

with my son came a nameless girl, who was asking for feed but its rude to run on a fired forge, soon after i was oldi kept taking her afar and i think starved, after i told not to disturb she was throwing bellows left and right so she deserved it

finally made the saw and a knife, and went out with my new cart, first north getting a few flat rocks, needed 8 more so went south next to the muflon i shot, was pretty late but finished my grave pen, and got the sheep to it

gave muflon hides to my grandkids and told daughter to tell them to put back flat rocks where they were so not to release sheep
as blondie granddaughter did it once and justthrew it away on ground
gave the only pack to her with only knife and file
as she was helping a bit making wells and bucket, luckily we had ropes, as she almsot used the one before getting lamb
my son cursed her so might of killed someone

based on the family tree it was an outpost and some people lived until age 60 somewhere else, north?
wont play more anyway today so not much chance getting back

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-08-04 11:50:44

Randomname

Re: Deadrick family

I was your mother and sadly Hammer was just as original a name as yours was.  You see when I was born my mother asked me if I could smith and I said N.  She then said the town really needed a shovel, so I explained I know how to smith but I'm really slow.

Your brother was born whilst I was making a hammer and your grandma raised him for the first year of his life.  I managed a hammer, shovel, axe and hoe in that order before lifting your brother and naming him after my great achievement.

In this stage of my life I decided to extend the Berry farm, which was when you came along and I looked at my new rows of Berries and I named you Berry.  I knew it would be awhile before new berries grew so I took you to the wilds to forage and wait leaving poor Hammer to starve in the village.

Before you got hair, you ran off and I followed.  I seen you were ok when I got to the village but you were busy so I went back to the berry farm.   My goal being two separate five by five berry farms above and below the well in the desert.  Times were tough and I killed the next few kids that I had, but I raised my nephew Maximus (thinking he was mine) and said sry boy to my next son.

He was a scrapper though and made a lot of noise and therefore the other girls of the clan decided to feed him and I named him Thunder as he reminded me of load banging.   It was a quiet life after that I had my ten rows of five berries to tend and soil to cart in.

Thunder often popped by and picked up my bowl, put down my bowl, lifted my soil, dropped my soil.   He loved to run around the Shovel and Hoe, he died next to the berry bush as many do.   So I scooped him up and put him next to the bones of our family.

In my later life I also named my great niece Amazing, because she was but she was also taken at a young age.  I died a proud mum next to the forge seeing you and your daughter Daniela with the happy knowledge the village still had girls and my line continued.

My last words were There well after telling someone where the water was.

My Nephew I Thought was My Son
My Great Niece I Named as a Child

Last edited by Randomname (2018-08-04 12:17:00)

#3 2018-08-04 23:39:57

pein

hi mom
well the worst names are when they call you as a given job, not even knowing your skills
like on a noobcamp i was named water
i totally thought you wanna name me for berry farmer
also i hate faith and hope, to cliche

yes i temp run at 7 bars, and dont lift the mouse until i get to food, i generally find stuff fast

we still had some wild berry south and could of been put in bowls
you never knwo when kids are good, you can just put them on desert and if they dont move, but talk, worth giving a chance
on the famine we still had food

that niece spent her life asking where to plant milkweed i dont think she even started doing it, she starved feeding first kid
her mom was worse do, she was planting a garden of 4 rows and then forgot about her kids when needed to eat

i died cause gave pack before taking one more berry out, but had to tell daughter to keep the stones on graves as that held the sheep in

38 gen, not bad

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-08-05 04:52:07

Neo

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=783773

I was never quite sure about your daughter, She killed someone for being a griefer and doing nothing. I was a kid so I didn't know how true that was.

My mother thought she might kill again, told me to stay away. She didn't kill anyone else and I never saw again until she and my mum where both old. I saw your daughter die at 57 and I told mum. She was happy but then she died of old age.

We had a bear attack and a few people died before it was eventually shot down. We had a guy who suicided on us the second he was born in our town, I don't get why. The town was going good besides the bear attack. That person suicided on me several times and I saw them do it to other mothers too. I guess they where trying to get to the other town that was running at the time.

Few of my kids died young, 1 got eaten and some lived for awhile. One of my daughter's killed some griefer kid,   Sadly it was her own daughter. Looks like Diamond tried to kill as soon as she was old enough but she got dealt with pretty easily. Before I died I passed on my knife to Maria so I'm glad it helped her later.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-05 05:13:42)

#5 2018-08-05 04:57:18

pein

killed my son, who was a good baby but not sure afterwards, didnt seen much, other than scavenging clothes

Board footer