One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 19:08:32

MultiLife

Eve spawns into a dead village - it was her village!

How exciting, first time I have had this happen, and first time my Eve spawns into any village in general! (This would be my thirty-something'th life as an estimate.)
27th of July I had an Eve run, this time I found a good set of biomes and resources for a base as an Eve ("Gala" lineage 713725). I died to old age with my home marker set in ground.
Now, a week later, I spawned into a rather familiar looking village with deteriorating items everywhere, nobody around ("Gala" lineage 768945). I scanned the place and realized it was my village: after the eight generations of changes! My lineage had died to a griefer first, but I got back there, so nice! The berry farm was expanded towards the desert (I don't know why my daughter wanted to have it in the green biome in the first place) and berries were ready for picking (glad the farm was left in good condition so the bushes were alive and well!), iron had been hoarded and people had built things (like floors and the new baking and smithing area... in desert... for some reason. Maybe there was more space there back then...).

NyeuAxq.png

Thank you to everyone who helped keeping up the place and a special thank you to whoever helped in expanding the berry farm towards the desert (that's where the warmth is people! big_smile).
mfBACaO.jpg

I should've made a deep well when I was there, that was an alarming thing to lack but I was too focused on getting the place scanned and reborn.

Perhaps it is intended that old age deaths and home markers function as beacons for future spawns? Could it be tied to your old lives only or could other Eves maybe spawn to your marker too? For now it seems that it could be so that it is tied to your own old markers and old age deaths of past and works only for your own Eve spawning.

Anyways it was great seeing the place again! I hoped I'd get to see it once more. I still think it is a good location, maybe if the snow biome was savanna and few more ponds but that'd be just a garden of Eden then. big_smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-08-02 19:30:20

West

Re: Eve spawns into a dead village - it was her village!

If you get to die of old age as an Eve that location gets added to your possible Eve spawn locations. (Jason mentioned this somewhere in the past)

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#3 2018-08-02 19:35:27

MultiLife

West wrote:

If you get to die of old age as an Eve that location gets added to your possible Eve spawn locations. (Jason mentioned this somewhere in the past)

Lovely! Thank you for the confirmation. I wonder if it is strictly "old age -death only" that does the trick, as sometimes old Eves die due to forgetting to eat, but at like 57 years. Ah well I guess it could be seen as a prize for the sweet 60 years.

Would be cool if other people's old age deaths (especially old age male deaths in dying cities) could trigger a spawn for an Eve for repopulating the place.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-08-02 20:01:33

West

If I remember correctly its only old age.

Maybe other peoples old age deaths trigger too. I have spawned in old citys where I have never been before. Idk tho

Edit: Just spawned back into a village which i founded earlier today. Strange thing is, that I did not reach 60 that time. Spawned back in none the less. hmm

Last edited by West (2018-08-02 20:53:09)

Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"

#5 2018-08-03 10:07:47

pein

happened few times

most weird when you die in a 2nd gen and come back and barely recognize

my best was once in an overpopulated village i felt like scouting and i found tons of cacti then tons of ponds on a corner of desert, tied to huge green biome

didnt wanted at first but as i followed marker was straight diagonal, like 150 tile away, so i made a new camp and populated it, barely got some tools, like pouch, needle and axe

then i died with grandkids
they were decent and built it up, oldtown died out
i came back few generations later to my camp

wasnt eve but was doing an eves job

but then that camp was dying out so i returned to old camp and a daughter repopulated it, with berries returning was okay for a smaller family
got sheep and compost, we lasted ten more generations with the doubble swap

one bad experience was when i made a pen on a camp where me and bro died, mom died to a bear kinda old but might of had a chance to get a sister

it was very early when people barely reached composting, so a small city with not even full tools had a pen and sheep

i born back later as a guy, had some irl issues, but also seen people shooting each other, with the bow and arrows i made against the bears, we had many caves
in the end didnt even wanted to play when people shoot others cause 'she told me gonna kill me'
dumb reasons

Last edited by pein (2018-08-04 09:31:34)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-08-03 11:44:18

third.eye

I once was respawned in my own Eve village 3 times (2x New Eve + Sibling). And I was the last person every time. It was a good spot, but people either kept dying early for no reason or I just got not enough babies / girls. T.T

#7 2018-08-03 13:38:00

West

third.eye wrote:

I once was respawned in my own Eve village 3 times (2x New Eve + Sibling). And I was the last person every time. It was a good spot, but people either kept dying early for no reason or I just got not enough babies / girls. T.T

Feels bad man. I know them feels

#8 2018-08-03 16:53:04

MultiLife

pein wrote:

happened few times

most weird when you die in a 2nd gen and come back and barely recognize

my best was once in an overpopulated village i felt like scouting and i found tons of cacti then tons of ponds on a corner of desert, tied to huge green biome

didnt wanted at first but as i followed marker was straight diagonal, like 150 tile away, so i made a new camp and populated it, barely got some tools, like pouch, needle and axe

then i died with grandkids
they were decent and built it up, oldtown died out
i came back few generations later to my camp

wasnt eve but was doing an eves job

but then that camp was dying out so i returned to old camp and a daughter repopulated it, with berries returning was okay for a smaller family
got sheep and compost, we lasted ten more generations with the doubble swap

one bad experience was when i made a pen on a camp where me and bro died, mom died to a bear kinda old but might of had a chance to get a sister

it was very early when people barely reached composting, so a small city with not even full tools had a pen and sheep

i born back later as a guy, had some irl issues, but also seen people shooting each other, with the bow and arrows i made against the bears, we had many caves
in the end didnt even wanted to leave when people shoot others cause 'she told me gonna kill me'
dumb reasons

I hoped the village had more stuff going on at gen 8 but oh well, still took a while to recognize it! big_smile Maybe I get some lucky spawns to experience this more often.

Ahh, I wish more Eves scouted more for a good base! Sometimes an awesome biome mix is right nearby like how you found your place.
I think these "mini bases" are great! May be quite the life and lineage savers when a famine strikes and a lucky one wanders out towards the wilderness and stumbles across a small base. I will surely make more of these "mini bases" if I ever get spawned into a town that has too many annoying people. big_smile

I had this one village where they had no desert at all and THREE bear caves in the area, two right next to the berry farm FILLED WITH CHILDREN and the third one just a tiny bit further away. I looked at the place like "ok this is a disaster town right here". My son tried to block the caves with walls but the village had ran out of fertile women at that point, some to the old bear infestations (I survived the one in my lifetime, a bear was spawned by a runaway child, probably a griefer) and after I lost my fertility, my daughters just starved next to berries... Byebye, bear town.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-03 16:55:29)

#9 2018-08-03 17:24:42

MultiLife

third.eye wrote:

Ahh man, I feel you, at least the first successful lineage of my Eve'ing ended at gen 8 to murder and not to starvation/girl drought, but then I noticed that this second round I just had has ended at GEN 4! Ooof. I really wished to revive the town for a fair good amount of generations but nope. There was the dreaded drought of girls in the grandchildren's children section so there's that but... All but one of my daughters just managed to somehow die in the well-off village filled with berries and leftover pie. Stephan(ie), my daughter, the one who lived to 58 and managed to get grandchildren had this goal of "traveling" as she was a teen, me and my son looked at her wide eyed like "GIRL. YOU ARE THE ONLY FERTILE GIRL HERE. PLEASE. DO NOT TRAVEL. FOR THE SAKES OF ALL THAT IS GOOD. YOU WILL DIE TO THE FIRST BOAR", thank goodness she didn't set off at that time.
Was really surprising to see my other daughters' bone piles as all of my kids were vocal and seemed to be very decent players, but I guess they just couldn't get their berries in time... These experiences make me question every time someone says "no more children" as suddenly all children can be dead due to noobs/accidents: starvation deaths next to full berry bushes...

It does look like my grandchildren Amy and Emily were doing great, oddly Emily got only two boys and nothing else and seems that Amy's only daughter ran off (her last words are ""Thank you infants that ran out on me."). They were trying, I'm happy for that, thank you Amy and Emily. I will try to bring the town back, hopefully you get to experience and enjoy it another time.

I wonder if Daniel Gala and Love Gala II had some "let's just die" killing moment after no girls were left? Seems like an odd kill in there by Daniel.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-03 18:00:29)

Board footer