One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-31 13:19:41

Anshin

Server 1 issues.

I wasn't getting "connection lost" before going back to server 1 but now it's happening all the time.
I've noticed several weird issues specifically with server 1:

* Everyone freezes, lag?
* Bouncing bug.
* Hunger chimes not going off correctly (when there doesn't seem to be any lag) so you starve because you only heard a ding at the last second, or sometimes not at all.
* Dying of something like a snake bite, but the "YOU DIED" screen says it was because of "connection lost", and the family tree entry says correctly that it was a snake bite.

Anyone else getting strange behaviour?

#2 2018-08-01 12:20:24

Anshin

Re: Server 1 issues.

bump - I'm seeing a lot of other threads about connection lost, but it's a bug!
I know I was bit by a snake, was told I died of connection lost, and family tree said snake bite.
Is starving the default excuse for connection lost and ESC% quitting?

Check your family tree after you die of connection lost, see what it says, and report back here if it's inconsistent.

#3 2018-08-01 12:21:47

PunkyFickle

Anshin wrote:

Is starving the default excuse for connection lost and ESC% quitting?

Pretty sure it is.

#4 2018-08-01 14:56:29

JonySky
Website

Has anyone noticed that for no apparent reason hunger begins to fall extremely fast?

The other day I passed, I was fully dressed and had just finished eating, I started walking through the same biome ... and I saw the bar of hunger go down very fast ... I was adult but not very old ... I ate and I recovered the bars of hunger, but in a matter of seconds (40/50 seconds) I went back down until I had 2 bars of hunger ... I ate a berrie filled me a little but the hunger continued to go down very fast and finally I died ...

Anyone else have happened?

#5 2018-08-01 15:58:09

Xan

Jony were you in a desert biome? If you are wearing any thing more than a backpack in a desert you will be too hot. Too hot can be much worse than too cold. I know I have forgotten about this and nearly died.

I usually take off my clothes if I have to work in a desert, but then my clothes always get stolen after that.

#6 2018-08-01 16:11:06

pein

not now but yea, my hunger went down extremely fast, i died from around 6 bars in 2 seconds

once it even killed a whole city while i was on other screen, i almost died as well

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-01 16:28:04

JonySky
Website

Xan wrote:

Jony were you in a desert biome? If you are wearing any thing more than a backpack in a desert you will be too hot. Too hot can be much worse than too cold. I know I have forgotten about this and nearly died.

I usually take off my clothes if I have to work in a desert, but then my clothes always get stolen after that.

No Xan was in a wet biome ... I always control my temperature a lot
Anyway, when I passed this was not a normal lowering of hunger ... I have been naked many times in the snow and I have never been hungry in that way.

Pein, correct that style of descent I mean ... my bar of hunger came down extremely fast

I do not know if it's due to a problem / bug or it's part of the temperature of the biomes

Board footer