One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-29 13:15:22

Tea

Never lucky

So the last couple of hours I really didn't have any luck. I had only three lives where I died of old age, the other times where :

- got killed several times by snakes, wolves and boars that popped out of nowhere as an Eve (once four !! times in a row)

- got abandoned as a child

- was born to an Eve that got bit or eaten (once my mom got killed by a bear in a big town and they left me to die)

When I manage to find my way past those vicious animals as an Eve and set up a nice camp at a nice spot, I either :

a) die by a snake or boar hiding behind a tree and my last daughter never survives

b) don't have any children that stays with me

c) those who stay die before me

I don't really have much luck playing as an Eve. The previous Eve run I had three children. Two left me and my one girl died. Am I cursed ?

Last edited by Tea (2018-07-29 13:20:58)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-07-29 14:48:32

annjust

Re: Never lucky

Remembered I died under 30 years old more than ten lifes on a weekend.( No boar that time)
It's incredible hard for new player, and still hard for me now, spawn as eve to make a success camp.

Last edited by annjust (2018-07-29 15:10:17)

#3 2018-07-29 15:15:36

thegolfpantsguy

only have two tipps for you

make axe asap and cut all swamptrees
higher sound volume so you can hear that animals (snakes should not be a problem anymore....but boars sometimes stand still and you cant hear them still... )
but boars are only in swamp where you can cut all trees

#4 2018-07-29 15:42:22

MultiLife

Yeah I avoid areas behind trees like crazy, and try to remember what dangers are around and where they patrol. Eve towns are harsh environments: you want desert for warmth, but not if there is a snake infestation, you want swamps for water, but not if there are boars close by. I approach new swamps and deserts VERY carefully, standing still for some time to see if animals move in the biome if there are a lot of trees. If I see snakes or boars, I avoid the area until it is cleared with an axe (also warning others).

I have died to wild animals only when ambushed outside of my vision, walking up behind me and crossing paths for the split second they need to strike.

I kinda wanna suggest animal trails or something so you can see animal trails on the ground and be alert for them, but I worry it will cause lag and not be helpful around trees (maybe we just need more opacity on trees).
Or perhaps some easy-ish ways to hold animals in their biomes too, like sprinkling chili powder around to act as an animal repellent.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-07-29 17:10:34

Neo

MultiLife wrote:

Yeah I avoid areas behind trees like crazy, and try to remember what dangers are around and where they patrol. Eve towns are harsh environments: you want desert for warmth, but not if there is a snake infestation, you want swamps for water, but not if there are boars close by. I approach new swamps and deserts VERY carefully, standing still for some time to see if animals move in the biome if there are a lot of trees. If I see snakes or boars, I avoid the area until it is cleared with an axe (also warning others).

I have died to wild animals only when ambushed outside of my vision, walking up behind me and crossing paths for the split second they need to strike.

I kinda wanna suggest animal trails or something so you can see animal trails on the ground and be alert for them, but I worry it will cause lag and not be helpful around trees (maybe we just need more opacity on trees).
Or perhaps some easy-ish ways to hold animals in their biomes too, like sprinkling chili powder around to act as an animal repellent.

At Least animals don't respawn to my knowledge. If you massacre the local wildlife then future generations will be safer.

#6 2018-07-30 00:22:33

pein

just stand on items every time and dodge trees if possible

when i scout i go diagonally and click left and right to slow myself down, try to run trough ice, savannah or green if temp running , if you run across straight, a wolf can spear into you or you step on a snake
diagonally you see more parts of map and biomes are diagonal to each other, so if you want to find iron, you go diagonal from the badland, not straight
if you want to find other desert same thing, if you run around the border of biome you can see the form and size of it, and easier to remember

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer