One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-28 09:18:59

EllynEve

Let's Not Meet - Opposite of Missed Connections:

In lieu of missed connections, stories of interesting note of players you found interesting but would rather not meet again.

Meant to be a joke, because sometimes I find the bad stories funny and want to share them.

This is my first thread post so please be gentle :x

#2 2018-07-28 09:20:57

EllynEve

Re: Let's Not Meet - Opposite of Missed Connections:

I spoke in baby spanish and I was the last born child, a male, of a dying civ that would have otherwise probably lasted a little while longer. I wanted to practice my poor spanish abilities because I've been wanting to find some sort of an outlet.

Anyway, to make a long story short, mom got mad I was her last kid and she didn't have a girl to pass on to. She took a knife out and stabbed me after telling me to 'speak right' and then cursed me. Another dude came along and cursed me.

Those were my second and third curses I'd ever received. Sort of wished I earned them differently, but, eh.

#3 2018-07-28 10:40:03

pein

recently mom was found a decayed town, and only one girl was left alive
they way she acted, the way she spoke, and her actions, normally i would of just stabbed this kind of players
but was last female, i did shittons of work and she just tried to order me around carrying a baby
she sheared last sheep twice, 'you can feed them'
then ordered kids to stupid jobs like snaring when we had shittons of fur, and ofc no basket maker, janitor or milkweed farmer
had a lucky shot with bow, i was moving, im not sure how that even hit me, 9 out of 10 would of been a miss, others tried save me, but i held the only knife so no way to treat a wound shot, at least they killed her and was a chain of 5 kills, half city was made by me

the whole game i had a knife and didnt killed her, and even i was the one dressing her up, fucking disgraceful bitch

one other game was a stupid lady in muflon hide, the whole game diddnt seen her move a pebble, the saviour of random babies, during famine, i killed somebody who stole stuff from me, well, it was bit selfish yes, but hey, then a griefer, i tested some babies as well, after killing the griefer, she started telling lies that i killed 3 people for no reason and im a griefer, etc etc. in the end shot her, she was already 40+ they saved her with the last pad, then people started stabbing and shooting around and that lazy dumb bitch was left alive but many innocent productive members died
checking family tree all her kids died before age 5, she just chatting but didnt teach them shit

there was a swamp camp, where we were pretty basic on stuff, no clothes, no tools, barely swamp was cut out and farm moved in
i made all tools, shot some wolfs and muflon, got a pen, made a mine, there was a girl, fully geared from birth, seal skin, pack, hat, even shoes
i made myself apron, pack, almost from scratch, knife
i dont remember exactly why but my sister was pissed for no fucking reason, and started calling me names, i stabbed her
then comes spoiled bitch that she was useful, 'got her straw' a naked lady got straw in 25 years of her life, wow
like literally she walking around like a fucking queen, doing nothing and telling me that the city didnt needs me
then people joined and told me stupid things
like a naked guy that told me that he gave away his clothes cause he is not selfish like me
to whom? we had nothing, most of it was made by me
in the end stabbed spoiled bitch as couldnt talk to her, and was annoying to look at her at full gear and no brain

then like 4 others tried to kill me with bow even knife, killed them one by one and hid all weapons
in the end i was 55 and i couldnt even survive shooting someone, a kid acted as a hero, shooting an old man who killed 4 people in self defence

a few more lifes where people running around and hiding with naked ass waiting me to get old, never up for a duel then kill me with bows or knifes i made, while working on city, just being a lazy coward who has no other life goal than killing me cause they didnt get free stuff just because they beg or threaten others

the biggest idiot i seen, was on the big city in berry update, where it was a huuuuge graveyard, tried making a big grave pen, made my own shovel, brand new, with far away iron, digged out the inside of pen, placed flat rocks, bitch runs in, diggs every fucking bone back to the tiles, i just digged out, runs away, im following , asking back my shovel, she digs all bones randomly until breaks my shovel
mistakenly killed a lookalike

there are a lot of lazy asses who win crowd favour jsut by chatting bullshit all the time and people dont realize whose tools are they using or who built everything around them

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-07-28 12:48:46

MultiLife

Melody West - Mother of Goddess West III (me), who had a roleplay-grief thing going on as a murderous matriarch of a dying city: stab-happy and killed innocent men and even one of her daughters, she went on about men being slaves, yada yada. Felt like playing with a restless child, I avoided her and had a great life with my brothers after she was gone. She did leave me alive and I continued the line so there's that.

Sharmade Lothian - A woman in the Lothian family who did the roleplay-grief thing: tried to play a role of a jealous wife of my son (who also did the whole marriage roleplay thing), and tried to get drama going by talking about me "looking at her husband" to which I replied "he is my son". Later on she tried to stab me, chasing me around, but I just dodged her and managed to have her lose me. I had knives, I just didn't want to kill, it could spell disaster to the town and cause unnecessary chaos. I managed to snatch her knife and kept the three knives I had safe after that.

Hope West - A daughter of Dua West (me), last girl of the tribe but not last of the nearby city: she did that roleplay thing, playing a role of a pie-munching kid who grew up just eating and talking and "banging" her brothers, didn't amuse me, but she did continue the line so good for her. I'd rather not meet her again to listen the stuff she came up with. It felt like playing with Barbies with some caffeine high immature kid. But I enjoyed my life so it didn't ruin the round for me or anything. At first she was amusing, talking about being Jabba the Hutt but yeah, too much.

Domino Goodwill - A daughter of Peace Goodwill (me), Domino killed the twins of the city, yes the twins seemed really talkative and probably annoying with their marriage talks but I don't want to hang around kill-happy individuals. I don't think she killed anyone else and the town kept going.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-07-28 17:18:44

secondchild

I was in a nice village supporting a dozen or so people with someone smithing, and a fire going. Then someone started cooking up eggs, and the man doing the smithing started freaking out because the hot stone was where his fire was "supposed" to go. Every time someone would walk up and cook and egg he would flip out at them yelling, "Noooooooooo!"

He stopped smithing for over ten minutes trying to get people to stop cooking on the rock because it was in the "perfect" spot for his fire. The whole time there were plenty of spots within a single tile where he could have started a new fire made a few steel tools, and then make a new hot stone for people to cook on, all in the time he spent complaining about "losing" "his" spot to "griefers," and how it was so much slower to have a fire an extra tile away.

He was my baby, so I kept trying to get him to roll with the punches a bit more. Eventually I built him a new fire, and he started smithing again, but he was still quite salty about it.

#6 2018-07-28 17:20:56

Lotus

I was trying to kill the boar that was taunting the town.

An entitled bitch spread rumors about me. She had full clothes and a pack in the middle of the desert, the rest of us were naked. She was a sponge, too. She got her clothes from rabbit fur that I hunted.

She wouldn’t feed me while I was trying to hunt. So I had to set my bow down. She stole it and shot me, spreading rumors around that I was a “griefer” and “tried to kill her” and a “useless sponge male” and all this crap.

And they started calling me some of the most offensive slanderous names I’ve ever heard in my life. Like, Jesus Christ, this lady and her minions must have been professional cyber bullies or something, because seriously, they seemed like trained professionals. I’m guessing they were a group of IRL friends griefing and bullying their way through the game.

“Name one person I killed,” I told her before I died, no one had bothered to listen to me. Even my mom was laughing and calling me a noob.

Saw they all got killed by the boar though. That makes me happy. Karma, assholes. I hope I never see them again.

This was about two weeks ago, so I don’t remember their names. I know our Eve didn’t name herself though, so we had no surname. My mother’s name was Kim. I was Nameless as she tried to abandon me.

Last edited by Lotus (2018-07-28 17:23:36)

#7 2018-07-28 17:31:01

Booklat1

Pein, have you ever trying solving these issues in like a contest? whoever farms x faster or whoever brings back y wins? I know how hard it can be when someone of competence has to dialogue with sponges, maybe show them your superiority?

*my first post so a disclaimer, i obviosly mean superiority in this particular game

#8 2018-07-28 22:37:53

happynova

Well, recently there was the mother I was born to who had apparently broken away from her town to found her own camp.  Which is an idea that sounds good in theory, but I've personally never seen it work out well.  If you are going to try it, though, um, you really do need to make sure you locate your new spot near water.  But there was no swampland in sight, and when I was able to ask her where the water was, all she said was "idk."  And then when I tried to point out that this was not a good thing -- thinking maybe I could convince her to relocate later, or else I might have to go away and find a better place on my own -- she got annoyed and told me I was a "bad baby" for being "mean."

I didn't suicide after that, because I generally don't, but I will admit I didn't try terribly hard to keep myself alive, either.

Two minutes after I died from apathy-assisted starvation, I respwaned as her kid, and, apparently not wanting another back-talking baby, she just screamed "No!!" at me.  Joke's on you, lady, I was leaving, anyway.

What's really kind of sad is that I was born in the town she must have left a couple of of generations later.  It was a decent place, with lots and lots of food.  I was the last person there as it died due to a lack of women.  Well, I was a girl in my first life with her, and if she'd just stayed in the city, I almost certainly would have lived and could have carried on the line.

#9 2018-07-29 09:16:47

pein

Booklat1 wrote:

Pein, have you ever trying solving these issues in like a contest? whoever farms x faster or whoever brings back y wins? I know how hard it can be when someone of competence has to dialogue with sponges, maybe show them your superiority?

*my first post so a disclaimer, i obviosly mean superiority in this particular game

if they are not blind they could see that im fully geared by myself and a side of the town is made by me
the gear bonus makes people forget how hard is the other naked kids life, so they just walk around doing nothing and act all so important, i seen a guy who was geared at birth, trying to make a pen, well i let him cause maybe is important to him to learn it

as we both got older i knew it will never gonna happen so i finished it for him
then got some soil to plant some carrot, berry, etc, he was like throwing around my soil cause he didnt like where i place it, welp get a basket of soil and place it anywhere

well farming not, but maybe both of us making a cart  from scratch and getting a full cart of iron, gonna try, it needs a judge too
it shuld be a common practice to challenge people to duel and feed the winner and let the loser die, then continue like nothing happened

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer