One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-21 05:07:58

Lotus

What was your first kill like?

Mine was horrible.

I was hunting geese for food as a last result, this was long ago when this was actually acceptable.

I went to set down my bow, and didn’t realize that clicking under a person, e.g. on the tile you want to put it down on, will kill them. I watched helplessly in shock as the arrow pierced a teenager’s chest. I was the second one in the village to accidentally kill someone.

I told her it was an accident and that I was sorry. She wouldn’t have it, and called me a liar, a bunch of racist slander and curse words, and died saying “bitch” as her last words. What a way to go.

Everyone believed me when I diffused the situation. They knew I was hardworking, so they didn’t kill me. But I still felt bad and died of guilt a few minutes later.

That was my first kill. What was yours?

#2 2018-07-21 05:15:22

Feldspar

Re: What was your first kill like?

My first and only kill so far was when I was a young hunter woman- I birthed my first child mid wolf hunt. Unfortunately I shot him and not the wolf. My bad lol.

just here putting off doing my assignments

#3 2018-07-21 05:30:03

Jk Howling

My first kill was an accident too lmao. I was handed a knife by my elderly, nearly- dead mother. She asked me to stab her, to which I promptly replied, "No, I couldn't do that! You're my mom!" and so on. She kept egging me to do it, and started counting down her hunger bars.

A cousin saw me struggling, and originally urged me on. "Best to get your first kill" she said. "It's actually quite fun." I continued to refuse, and my mother continued to starve.

Finally my cousin suggested I try killing a goose instead. At least so I could get a feel for using a knife. Keep in mind I'd literally never held one before then, and at that point they kinds scared me. I agreed.

She picked up a goose and we headed towards an open patch of ground. She set it down, and ofc it started running around. I swung wildly at it, having been told that left click was to kill. That seemed strange to me since you could accidentally kill someone while walking, but I believed them. At first.

After constant failure, I decided to try right clicking. So I did- right as my cousin picked the goose up. I stabbed her right between the ribs. My mother, still hanging in there, cheered, and the cousin shrugged my profuse apologies off. She even laughed when I said I was gonna starve, but I actually did. About two seconds after she dropped, I crumpled beside her, as this was shortly after the addition of murder weapons sticking to hands.

Needless to say, I've gotten a lot more used to the knife since then. I've stabbed a few griefers, and the other day, temp-run danced around a serial killer til I was old enough to snag his knife when he stopped to eat and got him through the chest. An older lady witnessed it and cheered, then fed me til I could pass her the knife to put in her backpack.

I try to keep killing as a last-resort for murderers and griefers these days. I've been killed by elitist brats who don't get their way or have a brief argument with me as a child before, and it's stupid and unnecessary. Leave killing for the trolls and griefers, not for those still learning.

-Has ascended to better games-

#4 2018-07-21 05:34:18

YAHG

Someone called me an idiot, so I made a knife and killed her in front of her daughter as they were making plans for god knows what.

Ahh was nice big_smile

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-07-21 05:48:20

startafight

an elderly woman wanted to be put down. i obliged

#6 2018-07-21 06:24:28

Neo

I was an old dude and I decided to make my last years count. One kid was following me around demanding for my stuff because I was going to die soon.

I got my stuff from the previous old dude who told me to give the stuff to someone good so I declined the kid. After that he started following me around cursing me out.

I was still somewhat new and this was one of the first lives I'd made it to old age. But it was obvious the kid was waiting for me to die so they could take my stuff.

So in my last seconds of life I stabbed him, I timed it perfectly and I died of old age seconds after stabbing him. This was before healing so i had peace mind knowing that he would die and literally anyone else would have my things.

What's your first time being murdered?

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-21 06:31:29)

#7 2018-07-21 06:47:22

Nopik

I was an old woman trying to find a place to drop a knife on a crowded floor. Found an empty spot and clicked it just as an infant ran past. This was back when murder was instant and didn’t slow you, but I died looking for another empty spot.

#8 2018-07-21 07:02:47

Stripes251

I was wronged. I was promised a bag by an elder after he died. Then someone wearing a bag already took it. I asked for it but they said "no" and gave it to someone else. So I waited patiently until aged meanwhile crafting a bow. Then I saw my opportunity. The farmers had just harvested the carrots they were quickly eaten leaving just the seeding rows. I ate all them leaving none for seeds. After most of the town starved off I finished off the survivors. After I found the corpse of the jerk who wronged me and took what was rightfully mine and a little extra.

This was back before many of the anti troll updates btw.

"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." - Monty Python

#9 2018-07-21 07:06:45

Neo

Stripes251 wrote:

I was wronged. I was promised a bag by an elder after he died. Then someone wearing a bag already took it. I asked for it but they said "no" and gave it to someone else. So I waited patiently until aged meanwhile crafting a bow. Then I saw my opportunity. The farmers had just harvested the carrots they were quickly eaten leaving just the seeding rows. I ate all them leaving none for seeds. After most of the town starved off I finished off the survivors. After I found the corpse of the jerk who wronged me and took what was rightfully mine and a little extra.

The days of instant murder most have been fun, I'd imagine that was when griefing was at its peak.

Silently sniping off people must have been way easier.

#10 2018-07-21 07:07:47

Stripes251

Neo wrote:
Stripes251 wrote:

The days of instant murder most have been fun, I'd imagine that was when griefing was at its peak.

Silently sniping off people must have been way easier.

Yeah it was great in a way and a pain in others

"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." - Monty Python

#11 2018-07-21 08:12:41

Ti

I had just picked up a bow and arrow for the first time, curious to see what I had to do to make it work. I spawned a child. I tried to put down the bow to feed him and he entered the square at the wrong moment. The townspeople all showed up to ask why, why had I killed my son, and I died of starvation, begging his corpse for forgiveness.

#12 2018-07-21 16:19:23

Turnipseed

My first kill was a berry eater. Back with the old way of compost when eating domestic berrys was taboo. I told him not to sooo many times, and we had many other options.

This was before the murder slowdown too i think

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#13 2018-07-21 16:38:51

pein

apocalipse update, they killed me as a mom raising kids
i did nothing, next i born to her, survived and tried to shot the bitch but she starved but i killed the next griefer

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#14 2018-07-21 23:56:13

Schlorghan

I wanted to know how the killing system worked so I took my son out into the woods and shot him with an arrow, had my last words as "deservn't we live" because I ouldn't type too much yet. The I thought it was fun and decided to kill the old man doing nothing but eating. (we had no women except for me and I was Infertile then)

I prefer kidnapping to giving birth.

#15 2018-07-22 01:59:04

YAHG

At least there are SOME people that don't pretend they only kill on accident..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#16 2018-07-22 02:16:04

Turnipseed

YAHG wrote:

Quite contrary. I only kill on purpose. Each time it is to ither protect, or to teach someone a lesson. (I.E. told someone something four times yet they continue)

Killing is bad it breeds salt...but it is necessary to teach the particularly hard headed...

If youve ever seen someone openly confess to murder , explain, and say stab me if you want to a guy holding a knife. Before getting back to work. That may have been me.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#17 2018-07-22 02:37:53

Stripes251

YAHG wrote:

YAHG I will take that as a compliment. lol

#18 2018-07-22 16:56:31

Lotus

I’ve only accidentally killed once. Learned my lesson after that...

#19 2018-07-22 17:17:18

WomanWizard

My brother and I had a murder suicide. There were like four men left and no women and I insisted on making tacos before I died. We buried our uncles (who died of old age, what a fun bunch they were), ate the tacos that I'd spent my whole life making, and then he gave me the knife to stab him. I didn't know at the time that you had to right click, so I walked back and forth a few times before I figured it out. As the last surviving male holding a murder weapon, I starved.

It was a good life.

#20 2018-07-22 17:22:49

Lotus

I think that was me you killed WomanWizard. It was a big town with a lot of males with full clothes, and I had a murder suicide with my brother. I went to stab him, but he stabbed me first. I apologized, and he said it was alright. Was that you?

#21 2018-07-22 17:30:07

WomanWizard

Lotus wrote:

I think that was me you killed WomanWizard. It was a big town with a lot of males with full clothes, and I had a murder suicide with my brother. I went to stab him, but he stabbed me first. I apologized, and he said it was alright. Was that you?

Did you have a taco party first? And did you have an old uncle who kept complaining about his bits dangling out of his coat, but he still refused to take my pants?

#22 2018-07-22 21:11:12

Meerkax

Well, i died because my mother never feed me but my grandmother gave me a coat so i spawn back in, i see someone with my coat and ask nicely if i could have it back. She gets mad and calls me a dumbass liar and then runs away. Me, being the non-griefer i am, get a knife and threaten her. I was never going to kill her of course, but everybody started cursing me. Since they all cursed me, i decided to kill her. Honestly, i'd rather get cursed doing something than cursed for nothing.

Do not curse if they are threatening..Only if they kill.

#23 2018-07-23 05:33:39

Lotus

WomanWizard wrote:
Lotus wrote:

Did you have a taco party first? And did you have an old uncle who kept complaining about his bits dangling out of his coat, but he still refused to take my pants?

Yes. So it is you?

#24 2018-07-23 06:07:48

pein

i killed a lot of babies before apocalipse update, and the town was running better
the second murder slowdown update was very bad, people pile up dead people and only for the gear

i think before apocalypse, it was a city in swamp, most cities were green and no soil, but everyone was bad at game so we didnt strategize much
people were shooting around and you couldnt play normally so you could join them, i was trying to bowshot others, we all reborn there and jsut killed each other for hours
with the biome temperatures you could settle anywhere, you didnt really died of starvation

the accidental kill happened when i was already a good sheppard, and could even smith
i seen a guy who worked a lot, invited him over before death, a girl was following so i step one left and dropped knife under the guy who i wanted to give, only it didnt drop, it stabbed him, but the girl only wanted the clothes and was too young i think, so kinda my fault, but at least i realized dropping knife is same as stab, even better sometimes

my coolest kill was when i misclick a guy so i dropped the knife, other lady got it, they happy they disarmed me, only that i had other and kinda instantly afterwards stabbed her

the stupidest rampage was when i was last female in west city, i had a cart and tried to put crust into basket and into cart but two guys kept taking it out, told them is faster, as i can get 3x more that way, they just kept telling me to get the mutton there, i flashed my weapon and older guy tried stab me, i ran a bit then kill him, then other guy pick it up, i dodged it, lost weapon, had another, but a lady started to chase me too, i stabbed the guy as lady had to eat, then was all cool, then lady still chased me, but had a kid, as i geared him up she seen im her sister so we were talking it out, she even helped bringing cart and we put all mutton in it, she was old i wasnt yet, and we kept up like 6 more gens

my hostile takeover was funny. born on top of camp as eve, seen a  bow, seen a guy, shot him, his brother chased me with knife, dropped it, for extra points i stole knife and stabbed him with it, their sister raised a kid and just scavenged his brother
i was looking same as her, but i did for gear, also i tought i kill her and keep my  lineage
was ok town with some tools and tons of food, i think berry update, all my kids were noob and gradkids died out

and then the 7 kills guerilla mode, even raising 5 daughters same life, stabbing a granddaughter, i was messing with one daughter but didnt wanted kill her, just placed graves around her, then she ran away before naming her and was a paranoid bitch, couldnt talk with her, then i decided i kill her if tries something stupid, then granddaughter made an arrow, wasnt to hard to shot me when i stabbed the girl
actually i taught them where is what and that saved the 8th victim, but not me, which was ass move cause i dint hurt my kids just all others, mom too who hid a knife. it was to test the curse system but i never got cursed, but killed everyone, they kinda deserved it cause i was the only naked kid and everybody ignoring me at start, and they didnt even knew we had pads and needle

i generally kill 2-3 griefers or lazy bastards, or dirty mouth nabs, which in a big city is normal

once was cursed by "killing their kid" i just played pedo a bit, kid was running back so they messed up something
so she cursed me and i stabbed her, if they hate you for no reason, give them one

one funny was when i was 56 and a mom gave a daughter a knife in pack "protect this knife" i swapped pack and stabbed her while she was still saying " i will"

another was when i was farming normally and lazy bastards ate it all the time,then i was pissed off, and made a bow, shot one of them, they took arrow and i made a new one, they started working at least
i didnt kill the bitch who pissed me off-lazy sponges shouldnt talk dirty- but killed her two daughters
one was like "am i dieing?" made like 6 arrows and missed 3, but one guy killed a lookalike and then like 4 of them died, plus 3 by me

was one weird kill when same age same look aunt was in city, a guy was asshole and didnt give me a pack, and he didnt really do shit, i knew i had no time after babies so asked nicely, he told me go to hunt then spent his life in 20 tiles
i told i will hunt him, actually missed 3 arrows on him he just was working and moving, i had big lag and he dodged all
then i put down bow to eat and hear a death scream
it was invisible to me, my aunts daughter got killed
and she stabbed me for a random stupid baby when i was explaining its an accident

was a lotof revenge kills mainly punishing attempts or ignoring my warnings

was a city who killed boys and all babies for fun, then we got reborn, raised up as girls and we two teamed up, took out everybody than killed ourselves as well

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#25 2018-07-23 12:17:30

MrMaxim3

I kill one of the "The Killers" Cult. I hate this Cult and im a Crusader for them!

Board footer