One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-21 04:11:50

Neo

Lazy noob city.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=642848

Nobody did anything  useful while  I tried to save the berry farm. Nobody else went out to get soil and no one bothered watering. Everyone just raised babies we didn't need.

I'd tried to tell people to stab keeping babies, luckily most died from the boar which I later killed btw. I had to kill one daughter because people were feeding her. I figured this would stop them from respawning immediately after to be born again to my useless sister.

Sadly another stupid kid survived and did nothing to help the town, Only trying to kill me when I had no weapons and was trying to water berries.

I killed noob sister who was spamming babies but then noob daughter killed me and acted like hero.

The town will probably die out but it has a better chance with my sister gone at least. I feel like they won't last much longer but hey, I like being sometimes. Maybe noob daughter will have some good kids that save the town, who knows.

Edit: Looks like I was right and my daughter didn't last long. Ironically my daughter has more kills then me, She even killed her own daughter.

She died with the last words "fuck this" so I guess she had given up. I wonder if she had similar reasons for her kills or did she just get bloodthirsty after killing me.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-21 04:35:02)

#2 2018-07-21 04:12:40

YAHG

Re: Lazy noob city.

So are you cursed yet?

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#3 2018-07-21 04:22:46

Neo

YAHG wrote:

So are you cursed yet?

I never get cursed even when people try.

Curse system is weak, The few curse points I got will be gone in a few hours.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-21 04:24:59)

#4 2018-07-21 04:24:15

Turnipseed

Neo wrote:
YAHG wrote:

So are you cursed yet?

I never get cursed even when people try.

Yeah most ppl dont get how it works...

"I curse you" is not how that works...

Its "curse (insert FULL name here)"

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-07-21 05:06:54

Jk Howling

Christ that eve had a shitload of children. 16 kids born to one person, and she didn't even live a full life. That has to be like, a record or something.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-07-21 05:08:16)

-Has ascended to better games-

#6 2018-07-22 09:56:24

pein

well killing is not effective, they will hate you anyway, and any noob who does nothing will be right and you just a griefer
people should really know the difference between griefer and killer
and yes, lot of times i got a reason and they run like ants even if i kill with reason
then they save the noob who lies shit about me, but too hard to notice for them that everything was made by me

maybe try dumping everything with rabbit bones, it kills noobs pretty fast then despawns, famine generator

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-07-22 10:50:51

tana

Neo wrote:

Everyone just raised babies we didn't need. [...]

I had to kill one daughter because people were feeding her. I figured this would stop them from respawning immediately after to be born again to my useless sister. [...]

I killed noob sister who was spamming babies but then noob daughter killed me and acted like hero. [...]

has it ever occured to you that you migh be the reason they all died, by killing potential fertile women, thus preventing good players to be born and actually help the city ?

I have been born countless times in such settlements, with women popping babies without end while nobody taking care of the food, yet I almost always survive and then i'm able to help salvage the situation.

Killing off women popping babies isn't the solution, the starvation and survival of the fittest will take care of that.

When i have a noob daughter or sister, i often tell them their only job is to stay alive and pop more kids, in the hope we'll get some palyers that know what to do. Plus if you see they're noobs, why not teach them ? Your way they learned nothing and just thought you were an ass and you might be driving new players away.

Last edited by tana (2018-07-22 10:53:12)

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#8 2018-07-22 11:47:23

Neo

tana wrote:
Neo wrote:

I had to kill one daughter because people were feeding her. I figured this would stop them from respawning immediately after to be born again to my useless sister. [...]

I killed noob sister who was spamming babies but then noob daughter killed me and acted like hero. [...]

has it ever occured to you that you migh be the reason they all died, by killing potential fertile women, thus preventing good players to be born and actually help the city ?

I have been born countless times in such settlements, with women popping babies without end while nobody taking care of the food, yet I almost always survive and then i'm able to help salvage the situation.

Killing off women popping babies isn't the solution, the starvation and survival of the fittest will take care of that.

When i have a noob daughter or sister, i often tell them their only job is to stay alive and pop more kids, in the hope we'll get some palyers that know what to do. Plus if you see they're noobs, why not teach them ? Your way they learned nothing and just thought you were an ass and you might be driving new players away.

Realize that we were on the brink of famine  and we already had a handful of young girls, A baby boom was inevitable. Ideally we should have let  the majority of the babies die and focus on restoring stability before accepting the next wave of babies.

Babies don't get lineage banned so you know they can always be reborn once things are better. Instead people keep all babies and do no work, the next generation inherits a dead berry field.

Ps. I didn't actually kill that town, my daughter did and my sister or whoever fed her assisted her. If people had starved out my daughter then there's a chance they could have survived. If you actually look you will notice that my daughter killed the last females.

Also my son lived to 60. He was born early on and the only baby I actually intended to keep.

Noobs are fine but griefers deserve to be killed. Keeping all babies in a famine is griefing, Killing your mother for abandoning you in a famine is griefing, Feeding other people's children is griefing.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-22 11:48:37)

#9 2018-07-22 12:56:31

Cecil

Jk Howling wrote:

Christ that eve had a shitload of children. 16 kids born to one person, and she didn't even live a full life. That has to be like, a record or something.

I was about to post that too. That Eve had so many kids, that you have scroll sideways to see the entire familytree in 1080p. Wow!

I imagine some most have been twins that bumped the baby counter up, but it's still extreme.

#10 2018-07-22 19:23:01

pein

tana wrote:
Neo wrote:

has it ever occurred to you that babies dont spawn to specific people and dont inherit your iq? or even a slightest bonus from having played hundred hours? the potential good players can be born to anyone, not just you
actually i drop my baby and pick up a random one, if i see more potential in him/her

you could already see who is an asshole bad baby, and as a mother you got responsibility to get rid of it
makes you run after her? points on stuff? begs for gear? no go
moves from perfect spot? ask to be treated special? spams f every time her hunger drops one? no go
while teaching can be done when you got food, you need to get rid of noobs when city is dead soon. for example honeybunny, the streamer, he started before me and played a lot, he has information, sometimes just misinformation, but he lacks common sense, he is more cocky than me already, but he fails at trivial stuff or too slow at fixing things. some people cant be teached. i seen countless kids who tell they pro then die in 4 minutes.

survival of fittest is nice and all but in process lot of innocent workers die, and assholes who hide food without producing any thrive
also monarchist who scavenge all stuff and give to their virtual child, give unfair advantage to lesser skilled babies over others
some of us never dies, maybe lag, animals kill us, or we choose wrong direction cause io map knowledge, still with temp run and diagonal running, predicting next biomes, can reach some food somewhere, but i do believe that actual good players can get confused by an ice biome, by hoping people wont pick up their stuff, etc.

you got 1000 calories for example
you got 10 people
200 from 1000 calories are hard to find, approach, see.
each player got 80 calories which is enough for a while, but then a baby spawns, while you decide keeping it, you just decreased everybodies rations.
after ten babies you halved it, once the number is very small, people need to run out to scavenge, work all the time, starve their own babies.
but you still think you gonna be fine cause you named your babies Faith and Hope

once you got 5 fertile females, you pretty much set
stop, fricking stop
especially some grown up
i really hate this colonies, 9th cousns and 0 age aunts
once you see 12-13 year old girls, you should stop making babies and go out scavenge, improve food production

while there was lineage ban, you stopped someone from being part of colony and you could run out of players
now you raising up the same kids with no instruction, and you are a shitty mom if your kid didnt live until 10, however new it is
you need to know where is soil, water, your next meal and their next meal
roleplay marriage and ask a guy to take care of you
more than 10 naked people means unsustainable colony
i often see this 15-20 year old sisters die after popping few kidsand 4th generation running around me and im still alive
one to 60 is better than 4 to 15th age
dont split the resources, give one attention, others can wait 10 minutes, its no loss dieing as baby, half minute
its a waste raising up a kid 3 minutes if it dies within next 3 minutes cause doesnt have a purpose and mom dont gives a fuck about questions

on eve camps you need to keep girls, but once you got 3 adult daughters they should agree about keeping only 1-2 kids each

imagine you raise up the same prick 5 times, and dies 5 times, eating up enough food for 1 person till old age

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-07-22 23:40:04

sc0rp

Cecil wrote:
Jk Howling wrote:

I was about to post that too. That Eve had so many kids, that you have scroll sideways to see the entire familytree in 1080p. Wow!

I imagine some most have been twins that bumped the baby counter up, but it's still extreme.

And not only her.  If you look at the last names they are: New, Summer, Lee and bunch of nameless ones.  WFT was happening here?  Eves' party?

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-22 23:41:40)

Board footer