a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-17 23:35:56

Alf

People won't listen to reason

I'm typing that because something just got me angry

I was living a decent life in a pretty old village though the family was fresh

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=600101

I had a child that I did not name because of the influx of babies. I told her it is too many and I left her a walk away from the village. She made it back to the village though, somebody named her Aaban. Later on she stumbled upon me and said she is alive and she survived and now I am her enemy. That's fine, that's a nice roleplay I even liked that. When she came of age she managed to get a knife and ran to kill me. Her older mother had some experience though and picked the knife she just dropped on the ground. Then I ran into the center of the village with around 6-8 people in there and was looking for a guy with a backpack who could take the knife. When I have eventually found some person capable of taking that my daughter came back with a bow and an arrow. That's where the action begins.

She shot into the middle of the crowd, nobody got hit though. I thought it's enough of that and I stabbed her right away (surprised I managed to do it clean with the lag there was). People who were close enough saw it and applauded but the ones that got there a couple seconds later just saw blood on me and cursed me (two or three peeps I think). The actual witnesses fed me and I asked the guy with the backpack again to follow me so I could pass the knife to him. But just as the people are, there were children and some other guys saying "I want the knife" and so on I told them to go away but yet they refused to do that and just waited for the opportunity to steal it.

Then another guy with a bow and an arrow comes to get me. He shoots the guy that I wanted to give the knife (great aim). I thought it's bloody enough and stabbed him while he was staggered. When these two were dying a third guy came with a knife and stabbed me as well. Then he cursed me as well with some other folks. I think that was six curses in total, more or less.

And what am I angry with? Not really about the situation there it was quite funny tbh, some people just were dumb and took dumb actions, did not listen to reason and my explainations why did I kill my daughter in the first place. I am angry that the curse system now actually harmed the roleplay there, as I got cursed for dealing with actually dangerous person in the village.

I think some people just curse any murderer and then it's fine they go back to their labour. Again, while I am fine with getting killed there under such circumstances as it is understandable though I am not satisfied being marked (though 10 cap not reached) for actually not griefing. And people waste their tokens.

There is no actual conclusion to that. Maybe just that no penalty-system is perfect. And Jason could implement a button (middle mouse?) that you could pass an item you are holding to somebody's hands, provided he is not holding anything. So passing knives would be safe from theft.

#2 2018-07-18 06:04:32

pein

Re: People won't listen to reason

i think lifting pack and clicking on other lifted pack swaps it, once i swapped with a bunch of rabbits in a pack and we both were confused

every time i kill a lazy griefer, some idiot starts tellign lies that i kileld 3 or more people

so if you kill anyone make sure there are no witnesses, or you kknow them or you talk to them or you can hide behind tree
generally they just want your gear and got an excuse to kill you

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-07-18 06:06:44

elpargo

I soooo want to live such an interesting life! Why doesn't this happen to me?

#4 2018-07-18 06:51:10

FounderOne

Well if you stab a griefer or murder depending on the people around it can fire back onto you, when explaining don't work, there is one way to deal with it.

RUN

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#5 2018-07-18 07:46:12

JonySky
Website

the transfer of objects is a horrible experience ... especially in a big city ... a lot of children waiting to steal your equipment as soon as it touches the ground, it does not matter if you give it to your most loved relative or the person you have chosen ... I believe that in my next life I will kill all the children I see around me before leaving my team to someone ...

#6 2018-07-18 08:18:28

pein

well invite far over somewhere

i will swap on babies, i dont care if your kid or was a queen last life, i get some shitty gear nd swap everything on babies, really annoying when they give packs, knifes and pies to random babies

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-07-18 10:00:29

tana

pein wrote:

i think lifting pack and clicking on other lifted pack swaps it, once i swapped with a bunch of rabbits in a pack and we both were confused

normally this only works on babies and very elderly, you can't swap bp with adults that way, so if you see a baby with a knife in bp and you need it, you can just swap if you have one bp yourself.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#8 2018-07-18 12:37:12

Cocoduf
New User

I think we need a trade system for this. Middle click someone, they get prompted whether they want to trade the item they are holding for yours, they accept and you automatically exchange items, provided you are close to each other. And if they are not holding anything they can just accept to be given your item the same way. So the items remain in trusted hands the whole process.

Last edited by Cocoduf (2018-07-18 12:38:01)

#9 2018-07-18 13:00:33

Cecil

OP, you're the bad guy here, sorry.

I totally support the outcast kid who managed to survive out of spite to kill you. Min-maxing is nice and all, but this kind of drama is makes for good stories and puts some heart into the game.

#10 2018-07-18 17:47:36

pein

Not on you, lifting pack and clicking lifted pack swaps it

#11 2018-07-19 04:13:00

Neo

It's a matter of perspective really, If I see a person with a bloody knife I'm likely to take the opportunity to take them out unless I saw the other dude being a dick.

Alot of people just Murder all murderers, That's usually how murder chains happen. It's not easy to reason with people once you kill someone, They will chase you for years.

Yesterday my sister plotted to kill our mum because she abandoned her. She made a bow and shot her and then a brother killed her. I took his arrow and chased him for a bit and he went behind a tree saying that he kill because she kill, fair enough. I went far and hid my bow and we had peace.

If your gonna abandon you should not do it in or near The town. If you can throw them onto a boar or snake, if none near then you can try taking them far from town so they starve before making it back. These only work for stupid babies. If ur desperate you can stab/shoot the baby, it's way overkill but it'll give Them a full lineage ban, good for retarded babies so they can't ruin town for a few hours.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-19 04:33:04)

#12 2018-07-19 06:06:52

pein

loloooll i was it big_smile
i also told that she asked to starve me, so i was on her the moment she came with arrow to kill mother, was a bit to find milkweed south east, and had my rope ready
its only 3 feedings on desert to raise a baby and im  the sitting silently on best spot type, and only ask to be fed when i need itso biatch asked her to starve me when i was already 5 bar and she tried to take me out, abut i had like 5 runs before abandoned in cities, camps
and yeah she deserved cause cant recognize a smart baby, and we were well off on eggs, clay and berries bit further
also random running only works when yo know what is random, she was running around me thinking i lose arrow, when third time tried to do the same sequence of 5 tile cycle, i shot her
one bro was stealing pack i made without asking, and sayed proudly that he kept a carrot farm running, but he was making big fire from kindling i got to forging
in the end i made bellows and 2 packs, had no mood to smith this time

two things i dont like after a murder
they think you are the asshole and you got no reason
and that you gonna kill everyone randomly
i often yell that i "only want XY" sometimes works
except jason makes the limited amount of char types even more limited within family so everyone looks the same

Board footer