One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-07-13 23:53:04

FeignedSanity

Re: Eves spawning into old cities too often.

Tarr wrote:

Your last paragraph was poorly constructed. People are going to focus on the glaring issue of you admitting to repeatedly destroying different cities and have no sympathy or relation to your original message. Murder very much fits into this game in one way or another. The problem comes up when you decide to start mass killings for no reason what so ever.

You specifically talked about how you should go on a mass killing in the west village we played in together but didn't because it's "no fun." killing while nameless since you can't be cursed. Why would anyone want to work on making new cities if people like you eventually show up to ruin those ones too? When a town is rediscovered it generally takes a bit of work to get the thing back up to livable conditions. You make it sound like eves just pop up to a pristine town and relax for sixty minutes instead of working with her children to fix them up so others can enjoy them.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=543055 - Me
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=543055 < You

If anything it sounds like your source of fun is ruining the game for others.

By the gods, Hiya Sun. I shouted you out on the very first version of this post. Good to see you, thanks again for humoring me smile
Also, I never planned on killing anyone after I won our duel. Shame that guy stabbed me immediately.

I realize that now, thank you for helping to clarify. I guess I have to admit to my sins and become a changed man. In all seriousness though, I don't find enjoyment in ruining other people's fun. Which is why I don't believe I'm a griefer. I don't do any for the sake of ruining it for someone else.

And to be honest, I said that as a joke. Otherwise I would've never said it. Hell, you probably wouldn't have even seen me until it was too late. But I don't know, it just seemed fitting. A few people laughed, so I'll take it. And this gives me the chance to clarify. I didn't mean that people don't put in work to get a city livable again. I know as well as anyone what needs to be done to rebuild a city. But it's not nearly to the same degree. If the people first made it ran a marathon, the people who fixed it up went for a jog around the block. That's why people do it.

Now that's their choice, that all well and good. I just don't really want to be a part of it. But I have recently thought of a way to benefit all people with my curse of repeatedly being born in the same city over and over again, through 3 or 4 generations. I get to work on roses! Consider me rehabilitated >:]

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#27 2018-07-13 23:54:31

FeignedSanity

DJDisorder wrote:

Glad I made a fresh batch of popcorn on the campfire for this..

+1

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#28 2018-07-14 01:30:46

sc0rp

FeignedSanity wrote:

So you really mean to say that without going back to the same town over and over and over, civilizations would cease to exist? I find that a little hard to swallow.

Currently I think that's the case.  With your proposition it's enough that one gen fuck ups and the town is gone.  We have ~140 people playing in the peak.  Early morning Europe/middle of the night US it drops down to ~30.  They're still split across 2-3 servers.  Some are in Eve runs.  So there are few people in a town.  If all of them are noobs that don't know why and how to compost, they'll just starve there.  If they are lucky and do not starve, griefer logs in and kills them.

#29 2018-07-14 02:03:05

Xan

This issue of suicide babies needs to be resolved someway. It's wrong to force a player to play in city they don't like but its just as heartbreaking to be a mother to baby after baby that suicides immediately, and it's usually the same person being reborn over and over. It is a waste of both player's time.

The child would need a ban from that lineage to stop the cycle, but they won't get that since they haven't played in that lineage for 30 mins and they haven't done anything worthy of being killed by another player.

I think a good solution would be that players that DCs because of lag or quits entirely should not die immediately in game. Their body could collapse or go white eyed into a coma so everyone would know that they are brain dead now. Then the village could decide to kill the person to ban them (removing the penalty from the "murderer" since they were technically dead anyway). Or if the child was female the village could decide to keep them alive as a broodmother by feeding them. There would also need to be a way to move said coma person added to the game.

This would help both sides of the issue. Babies that hate where they were born get a ban from that lineage if the village has a weapon and old mothers get more chances at having viable daughters.

#30 2018-07-14 02:47:35

sc0rp

Xan wrote:

Or if the child was female the village could decide to keep them alive as a broodmother by feeding them.

You propose to have incubators?

Actually I had one in a game.  Girl went AFK, and I was old Eve.  So I just moved her to warm spot, force fed berries from time to time and she keept pooping out babies.  She was my best kid this run. wink  I was really dissapointed when she finally got back in a game.
- Job?
- Stay here, don't move. You're doing great tongue

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-14 02:50:26)

#31 2018-07-14 02:54:37

DJDisorder

Was just about to comment on that exact quote. just the word 'broodmother' eww lol.
Images of future games where there's shrine in the centre of every oversized berry field, a vast bloated queen sitting atop, comatose but still spewing hungry demons forth, POP and another shrill F echoes out amongst the shrubbery..

#32 2018-07-14 02:59:03

DJDisorder

OMG Perfect.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Broodmother

They emerge from her womb as toddlers, often already able to walk, and grow rapidly in their first few weeks of life. A broodmother will birth thousands of darkspawn young in her lifetime.

#33 2018-07-14 03:00:07

TAIOAN

Joriom wrote:
West wrote:

Just suicide until you are the eve yourself?

Don't do that. Its a sin. You'll be punished by magical flying wizard from space for that.

True.

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#34 2018-07-14 03:28:36

OminousBladeBlank

DJDisorder wrote:

Was just about to comment on that exact quote. just the word 'broodmother' eww lol.
Images of future games where there's shrine in the centre of every oversized berry field, a vast bloated queen sitting atop, comatose but still spewing hungry demons forth, POP and another shrill F echoes out amongst the shrubbery..

It's hilarious that I know exactly what you mean.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer