One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-11 23:03:54

Erudaru

Anyone can name a held baby?

Jason about the recent update:

"Anyone can name a held baby, even adoptive parents. They get the last name of their adoptive parent. An unnamed person who is older than baby age can be named by anyone nearby, but they will never have a last name."

People tried to name me, it didn't work. What am I missing?

#2 2018-07-11 23:27:56

MidgetMaker

Re: Anyone can name a held baby?

probably not live yet.  the update yesterday was for bug fixes related to updating.

#3 2018-07-12 00:22:39

Luniatji

He said he had implemented it but it was not live yet.

#4 2018-07-12 04:15:08

Neo

I think this will eradicate nameless people once and for all.

Will adoptions show up in the family tree. Would nice be cool for kids you adopted to show up under you instead of the original mother.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-12 04:23:08)

#5 2018-07-12 04:22:35

pein

i will call everyone Analia
or analiegh, oralia

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-07-12 04:35:27

YAHG

I pretty much just shuffle:

Elvis
Leroy
Jesus
Mary
Eliza
Isobella
Eliza
Bob
Billy
Whore

Sometimes I name em a different one but those my most common by far. I usually name them whore for good luck though wink

I also like to name them Jesus more often if they are brown, cause then I can tell them about how they are discount Mexican Jesus.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#7 2018-07-12 04:36:56

YAHG

Eliza is common too, that's one of my cousins names. She is kinda tarded looking sorta like lot of the babies end up.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#8 2018-07-12 06:21:09

Lily

Neo wrote:

Will adoptions show up in the family tree. Would nice be cool for kids you adopted to show up under you instead of the original mother.

It wont get rid of it entirely, since you can only pick up young children. So if you miss that window, you still cna't get a name.

#9 2018-07-12 06:28:18

ryanb
Website

I think anyone can name a nameless person that is grown by standing near them. However they won’t receive the last name.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#10 2018-07-12 07:58:52

Neo

Lily wrote:
Neo wrote:

It wont get rid of it entirely, since you can only pick up young children. So if you miss that window, you still cna't get a name.

It'll be a alot easier to get named as a baby, even if your mother dose not love you. If someone cares enough to feed an abandoned child then it would make sense for them to name the kid as well.

At least saving babies won't be as bad of a crime unless the town is overpopulated.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-12 07:59:27)

#11 2018-07-12 19:41:59

beccalouisee

i always feed abandon babies (mostly just when there is no point in their mother starving them). It is always fun when you're a male and you get to raise a baby as your "own". I really hope it shows under the names, then the males can have a family line too and not just have it end with them.

#12 2018-07-12 20:34:07

Turnipseed

beccalouisee wrote:

i always feed abandon babies (mostly just when there is no point in their mother starving them). It is always fun when you're a male and you get to raise a baby as your "own". I really hope it shows under the names, then the males can have a family line too and not just have it end with them.

Please stop feeding my abandoned babies...

If i dont feed them i dont want them in town. I have had several eve camps destroyed by my daughters raising all the kids..

I keep two girls, and two boys as eve IF i find a great spot, and only keep more to replace dead ones.

If spot is not optimal i only keep one girl and two boys. Again replacing deaths.

I have gotten several of my eve camps stew many plates/bowls and a full set of metal tools, but useually its ruined by too many people being born, or some asshole waisting what little food we have on hand feeding babys i ment to let die.

Please please please!!! If you are an unwanted baby just run into the woods. You can always be reborn in that town later when you might be needed.

And dont be salty when you are unwanted. It happens sometimes its for the greater good

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#13 2018-07-12 23:37:46

beccalouisee

Turnipseed wrote:
beccalouisee wrote:

Please stop feeding my abandoned babies...

If i dont feed them i dont want them in town. I have had several eve camps destroyed by my daughters raising all the kids..

I keep two girls, and two boys as eve IF i find a great spot, and only keep more to replace dead ones.

If spot is not optimal i only keep one girl and two boys. Again replacing deaths.

I have gotten several of my eve camps stew many plates/bowls and a full set of metal tools, but useually its ruined by too many people being born, or some asshole waisting what little food we have on hand feeding babys i ment to let die.

Please please please!!! If you are an unwanted baby just run into the woods. You can always be reborn in that town later when you might be needed.

And dont be salty when you are unwanted. It happens sometimes its for the greater good

i only really keep them if it is a town. Sometimes mothers disown children for no reason. That's the time I will feed unwanted babies. Eve camps you should never overfeed children. Only keep 1-3 kids tbh. I hate when I am Eve and an unwanted child sticks around repeating F over and over.

Board footer