One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-07 20:38:26

WomanWizard

It's weird being born to a different family in a place you settled...

Last night I was Jasmine Darnell, born to a second gen mom who was on her own but had found a good spot to start a camp. We built the camp up, though eventually she disappeared, having died somewhere. It was just me and my kids. I planted berries in two by three plots, and one of my kids even made a two by three plot slightly southwest of the rest of them. We had a kiln/forge on the edge of the desert, and while I was out exploring I found the rest of our family, my aunts and uncles and their kids, to the northwest.

I lived a good life, even had a reincarnating daughter who I coincidentally gave the same name as her last life. Mom reflexes had me snatching my son away from the tile he was on seconds before a snake slithered through. Things looked pretty good when I died.

This morning I wasn't surprised to see that the family line had died out. They usually do after a night's sleep.

When I spawned in game this morning, however, I didn't recognize the place at first. The trees had been cut down, and the berry plots had been filled in so that they were one giant field. It wasn't until I'd run around the wilderness for a bit and discovered a farm to the northwest that I realized, I'd been here before. Ran back into town, the kiln/forge was in the same place relative to the berry fields, and there was even a little two by three berry plot to the southwest of the first. The biomes were in the same place... this was my old home, just a new family.

To the Memics: I'm sorry I didn't do much when I spawned into town, I was just too happy to see that it was still being used. I ended up starving because the berries were all empty and I didn't see any food nearby. No loss to you though, I wasn't doing much. I'm glad you found the place and kept things going.

Jasmine Darnell: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=478913
Africa Memic: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=484177

#2 2018-07-07 22:40:08

DJDisorder

Re: It's weird being born to a different family in a place you settled...

I had this. Was Eve Puzzo (I had typed Puzzle) nice 22 gen family line ( http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=456171 ) I had been reborn into twice. (2nd time died to a snake, 3rd time My daughter had been given crown by the outgoing queen, so I told her the puzzle of how the eve became Puzzo. Someone stabbed me as I finished. I THINK they were trying to give me the knife, not stab me...)

Then played the next day and was in dif fam line but same town.

#3 2018-07-08 00:20:00

Neo

Nice, I was Eve Memic. I got a lucky spawn and Ended up your town as an Eve. The farms where in a bad shape when I spawned in but with the help of my kids we got everything going again. Was a convenient iron mine right next us too, The smith was in heaven.

Alot of big towns usually get reused by another family when the original people die out.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-08 00:37:06)

#4 2018-07-08 01:34:25

DJDisorder

Ahhh nice, yeah I told every kid to get the mine done as early as they could but it wasn't in my eve's lifetime. Love the eve location finding playstyle (then hate it when I spawn as a baby with a fresh eve that walks less than a minute or two before they start setting up...)

#5 2018-07-08 02:20:55

Neo

Wow, Just checked and my descendents did quite well.

28 gens isn't  half bad, Shame that Amy Memic would ultimately cause the Memic name to be lost. For awhile there was still a named branch but that branch eventually died while the nameless one continued.

Looks like they eventually died off due to lack of women.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-08 02:29:12)

#6 2018-07-08 02:27:40

WomanWizard

Just out of curiosity, how much of the town was built when you found it? When I died we'd just barely got the forge set up and my son was asking how to make a shovel. All we'd planted was berries. I'd like to know what they managed in future generations.

#7 2018-07-08 02:40:51

Neo

WomanWizard wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how much of the town was built when you found it? When I died we'd just barely got the forge set up and my son was asking how to make a shovel. All we'd planted was berries. I'd like to know what they managed in future generations.

There was seeds for everything although most farmland was hardened when I first spawned, Was an empty pen made out of gravestones and most of the tools were leftover from the last people.

There was several wells dug around the place and later my son ended up finding a second town ruin nearby  with Sheep still in the pen along with another bucket, A basket of pies and a handcart. Hopefully they got that place running too.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-08 02:52:15)

#8 2018-07-08 02:44:17

WomanWizard

After I spawned as a Memic my mom grabbed a horse and cart went off to trade with the other town, so it sounds like it! Pretty sure that was were my aunts and uncles set up while my mom was working on her own place.

#9 2018-07-08 05:34:20

pein

once a bear killed the last woman and my bro suicide, i killed the bear and made a small pen in a shitty 2-3rd gen camp, which had soem water, desert and tools like axe and shovel

later iborn back there so the lucky eve became my ancestor, was nice to see
exept they killed each other with the bows i made against the bears around camp

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-07-08 22:49:50

RunanDarnell

Oh my god! I'm Eve Darnell! Darnell is always my last name when I'm an Eve. I can't believe you guys did so well! I have no idea how to play this game. I got it three days ago. I tried to name my firstborn Runan and it ended up as Rune. I'm so freaking tickled right now. I was just reading peoples' stories and MY KIDS ARE IN ONE AHHHHHHHH *flaps hands*. I'M SO PROUD AHHHHHH!

#11 2018-07-08 23:25:09

DJDisorder

Welcome to the game RunanDarnell, stuff like that doesn't get old smile

#12 2018-07-10 02:58:28

WomanWizard

RunanDarnell wrote:

Oh my god! I'm Eve Darnell! Darnell is always my last name when I'm an Eve. I can't believe you guys did so well! I have no idea how to play this game. I got it three days ago. I tried to name my firstborn Runan and it ended up as Rune. I'm so freaking tickled right now. I was just reading peoples' stories and MY KIDS ARE IN ONE AHHHHHHHH *flaps hands*. I'M SO PROUD AHHHHHH!

It's a good feeling, huh? Not only did you have multiple generations of descendants, they built something that helped an entirely different family thrive later on! My Eve runs rarely ever work out that well.

Board footer