One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 13:45:31

AnobeseWalrus

YET another town relying too heavily on berries

Spent two lifetimes there trying to tell people to let some die, no one listened. The Sol family is doomed.

Solvig Sol
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=444036

#2 2018-07-03 13:53:34

TheRedBug

Re: YET another town relying too heavily on berries

Should've made some stew.
Also i see many people died of murder. That doesn't help lol

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-03 14:05:52

tana

yeah when i see that, a lot of time, i just come with the shovel and reduce all yellows to kindling, i mean if they weren't tended for that long that they had time to turn yellow, they weren't really needed in the first place.

I also often uproot those that are in the way, like in one city the berry farm went up untill the forge, leaving just one space, very impractical to work efficiently, so as soon as a bush was empty, i'd uproot it (i obviously don't uproot those that were just tended, i wait that they are emptied)

So far i've never been flagged as a griefer, cause those farm are so damn huge, there are ppl busy everywhere, nobody pays attention, and even if someone sees me uprooting, they usually say nothing cause the probably think that i know what i'm doing, or they agree with me or simply they don't understand what's happening... not that i'm griefing anyway, but some ppl might see it that way.

I like the idea of the 3x3 cluster, i've seen that in a city but they extended it to have like 10 clusters, wich is stiil way to big... IMAO 4 clusters should be big enough to provide emergency food when needed but not so big as impossible to maintain or draining all the compost and water.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#4 2018-07-03 15:00:47

zennyrpg

tana wrote:

I like the idea of the 3x3 cluster, i've seen that in a city but they extended it to have like 10 clusters, wich is stiil way to big... IMAO 4 clusters should be big enough to provide emergency food when needed but not so big as impossible to maintain or draining all the compost and water.

Berries take 0 maintenance unless someone eats them.  Having a bunch of grown full bushes should hurt no one.  However, sometimes people take this as an invitation to eat nothing but berries when there is pie or stew.

Berries are an important buffer, especially for children... we "just" need to teach people that it is actually better to eat pie as an adult and they are helping (not hurting) by doing so.

#5 2018-07-03 15:26:34

tana

zennyrpg wrote:
tana wrote:

Berries take 0 maintenance unless someone eats them.  Having a bunch of grown full bushes should hurt no one.  However, sometimes people take this as an invitation to eat nothing but berries when there is pie or stew.

Berries are an important buffer, especially for children... we "just" need to teach people that it is actually better to eat pie as an adult and they are helping (not hurting) by doing so.

even if i do agree that ppl are using bushes too much as a main source of food rather than emergency, berry bushes will never stay full, they inevitably will be emptied, either by hungry kids or by compost and pie makers, so they will always need maintenance, hence our complain of those giant ass berry fields and my remark on having a small easily maintained cluster.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#6 2018-07-03 23:11:55

YAHG

If you are eating all your berries make more compost.. You would've needed soil for any other crop, berries don't use more they just use less tilling.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#7 2018-07-03 23:50:33

pein

some are idiots, till 3 soil i place down and extend before fixing it
maybe making roads can stop the pattern

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer