One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 12:16:39

Tramax

How does a migration even work?

In thinking about the logistics of it being worthwhile, everyone migrating needs to have an arm full of some kind of food in bowls or baskets, and backpacks with the tools they were able to make in an advanced civilization.
Am I right? How does a society organize who gets what? Is it possible to pick up everything en masse or do you have to ration the tools out while those remaining delegate what goes to the next wave of immigrants?

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#2 2018-07-03 12:32:21

Tarr
Banned

Re: How does a migration even work?

Ideally you first send a small group from your village off to find a suitable area. Next you send basic steel tools out to your secondary group so they can start up making the new area livable. Once the new area can support multiple people you send the next wave of people to the second settlement or just have the original group pump out babies in their area. You can't afford to move a whole town into the wilderness but you can afford a smaller expedition out to create a sister site. Once said sister area is up and running generally you just have people running back and forth between cities to whichever is more livable at the current moment.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-07-03 12:42:12

Tramax

How does a leader emerge in such a situation to organize that? And how does the news that it's happening spread?

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#4 2018-07-03 12:50:05

Aurora Aurora

The way I do it is being a 14-16 year old woman with a cart full of steeö tools, a backpack full of bowls and food and a son carrying firetools. Then I just fuck off north.

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-07-03 12:50:26)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#5 2018-07-03 14:17:13

tana

well the way i do it is usually if i'm a girl, i soon as i get my hands, i snatch a basket full of suitable baby food that wont be missed ( usually 2 berries ans a carrot, i don't like to waste food and take more than i can eat, also i would feel bad to take more) find a perfect temp tile and using temp control i walk away in a straight line into one of the cardinal direction untill i find a suitable spot, far enough but not too far either and start from scratch.
As soo as i have babies, i tell them where i came from, tell them to pass on the knowledge to their kids and hope for the best.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#6 2018-07-03 15:29:01

pein

i wonder around city in a spirallic way out and if i see a better spot, i make a kiln and a small berry farm, then tell a few people or just to my kdis if woman, pouch, needle, bowl, fire tools help but one rabbit and a bowl does the trick, the rest is like an eve run
take some spare stuff if there is more of them, like a hoe or an axe

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-07-03 16:07:11

forestglade

I just fuck off as well. Especially when its a giant city and there's no more trees around. I get kinda bored in super advanced cities because it's same old same old.

Board footer